20 day Cruise - Do you have to disembark on day 10

dstables

We are looking to book a 20 day caribbean cruise that you can book as a 20 day cruise or 2 - 10 day cruises with different itineraries. When the first 10 day cruise is over do you have to disembark the ship on day 10 and if so how soon can you re-board the ship? We were hoping to spend the day on the ship by the pool. Also looking for past experience in a cabin with a balcony on the stern. Did you like this cabin more or less than the cabins with balconies on the side of the ship. Do you feel the up and downs of the ship more in these cabins?

If you booked the 20 days as one cruise, you won't have to disembark at all. You'll continue to use your current cruise card. If you booked as two 10 day cruises with different booking numbers, you'll receive new cruise cards the evening before disembarkation along with in-transit cards. You will meet with others who booked two cruises in a lounge and disembark together as a group, using your old cruise card to exit the ship, go through immigration (not customs) and then reboard the ship as a group, using your new cruise card and getting a new picture taken. If you decide you want to get off the ship independently and sightsee, you can do so at your leisure, using your old cruise card, and when you return, use your new cruise card.

We love aft cabins. There can be more movement depending on the seas and it tends to be more of a sideways movement than an up and down, and the sound/feel of the thrusters is more prominent when docking and casting off. If you have a corner BB cabin, you have a 180 degree view - beautiful! Having an aft cabin means more walking to venues toward the front of the ship, but I consider it built-in exercise! And the view and sound of the wake is fabulous!

We love aft cabins. There can be more movement depending on the seas and it tends to be more of a sideways movement than an up and down, and the sound/feel of the thrusters is more prominent when docking and casting off. If you have a corner BB cabin, you have a 180 degree view - beautiful! Having an aft cabin means more walking to venues toward the front of the ship, but I consider it built-in exercise! And the view and sound of the wake is fabulous!

What are the AFT Cabin Balconies like (size wise) on the Emerald Princess. We've booked our 1st "Princess" AFT cabin on the Emerald for Feb 2012....BB port side corner.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us concerning the above question.

Pat :)

If you booked the 20 days as one cruise, you won't have to disembark at all. You'll continue to use your current cruise card. If you booked as two 10 day cruises with different booking numbers, you'll receive new cruise cards the evening before disembarkation along with in-transit cards.

My experience differs, Even if you have booked this as one cruise, there will be a different cruise card for each segment and, if the country's laws require that you go through immigration between segments, you will have to do so. Other than that, you are free to enjoy the ship all day.

If you do get off on your own, you cannot reboard until all passengers whose cruise have ended have disembarked.

Caribill is correct. When we did the Canal Transit from FLL/YVR we booked as one cruise however the break point was in SFO.

As such we had to literally go ashore and punch out our cards in the security "dinger", then use the new replacement cards for the SFO/YVR leg toget back onboard.

On such voyages that are considered a combination of "two", the cards must be punched out in order to complete the financial process (even tho' your acct is finalized at midnight before disembarkation) and ensure that the ship is cleared of all accts and ssociated pax.

Ciao for now!!!

Hi All

Agree with Caribill,

If Ft L is the turn around then you have to get off ship even if is only

to go down one ramp through passport control and back up another.

When the ship tells you.

Have had single booking ref and found cruise was made up of shorter

cruises, often these were often sold in US, were UK the only option was

14 or 20 day.

yours Shogun

What are the AFT Cabin Balconies like (size wise) on the Emerald Princess. We've booked our 1st "Princess" AFT cabin on the Emerald for Feb 2012....BB port side corner.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us concerning the above question.

Pat :)

Our BB aft was on Caribe. The balcony was as deep as the side balconies on Caribe, however was fully covered. Even though it was fully covered, we still got ocean breezes and lots of sun.

My experience differs, Even if you have booked this as one cruise, there will be a different cruise card for each segment and, if the country's laws require that you go through immigration between segments, you will have to do so. Other than that, you are free to enjoy the ship all day.

If you do get off on your own, you cannot reboard until all passengers whose cruise have ended have disembarked.

My apologies if I led you astray on the 20 day b2b. We've only booked them as two different cruises vs one, and I was under the impression that the cruise card didn't change. Learn something new everyday.

Night before you receive your new cruise cards and instructions on how it will be handled. Every port is different. Some just require you to use your old card one last time and then use new one(at a special location just for continuing passengers), and sometimes you actually have to exit the ship.

Doesn't matter if you booked it as one long cruise or two separate cruises.

I am finding this thread quite educational as the 20 day Caribbean junket is on our radar screen for January 2013. We will have to see which makes more sense price wise, as one 20 day cruise of a b/b of 10 days each. We will be in the "free laundry" level by then so how we do it from that perspective is not important.

I am finding this thread quite educational as the 20 day Caribbean junket is on our radar screen for January 2013. We will have to see which makes more sense price wise, as one 20 day cruise of a b/b of 10 days each. We will be in the "free laundry" level by then so how we do it from that perspective is not important.

Be sure to consider the various OBC you may be eligible for. Many of them are dependent on the length of the cruise, so you could get more or less by booking one cruise or two.

Be sure to consider the various OBC you may be eligible for. Many of them are dependent on the length of the cruise, so you could get more or less by booking one cruise or two.

An excellent point to be sure.:)

An excellent point to be sure.:)

also, you need to consider 1 minibar set up vs 1 set ups, and free internet time totals come into the equation.

I suspect Paul was referring to OBCs that you get from your FCCs.

Our TA just priced out 2012 for us...and her price for 2, ten dayers B2B were cheaper than the price for one 20 dayer..same ship, same time, and when you also factor in the two bar set ups, the better FCC OBCs, and more internet time, the choice was obvious.

also, you need to consider 1 minibar set up vs 1 set ups, and free internet time totals come into the equation.

I suspect Paul was referring to OBCs that you get from your FCCs.

A couple of extra mini-bottles of vodka probably wouldn't sway me but there is also the value of the Shareholder Benefit to consider.

The Grand is stopping their 2 week cruise where you don't return to Fla. in the middle. I did the 2 weeks in 12/10 and it was Great!! Wish Princess would have a legimate 2 week or longer cruise out of Fla.

Agree! A real legimate 2 weeks or longer out of Florida (roundtrip) once again with no return to Florida would be WONDERFUL!

The answer to the OP depends on where you are at the end of the first cruise. If you are doing back-to-backs in the USA you will have to exit the ship and report to the immigration folks with your passport or birth certificate. Once cleared, you can either leave the port or wait in a holding area until the authorities have cleared the entire ship (this can take anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour). If you are doing your back-to-back out of almost anywhere in the world outside the US there will probably be no hassles.

Hank

• 2 months later...

We are considering a 27 day Princess cruise in 2012 that can be split as a BB of 16 days and 11 days. The info in this thread about disembarking has been very valuable.

I am also considering a cabin change from the first to second part of this cruise. If I go that route anyone know if we have to take our luggage off and then back on or is there a way to transfer it from Cabin A to Cabin B. without offloading.

Thanks

I am also considering a cabin change from the first to second part of this cruise. If I go that route anyone know if we have to take our luggage off and then back on or is there a way to transfer it from Cabin A to Cabin B. without offloading.

Thanks

Your cabin steward will take care of the move for you.

a) Anything hanging in the closet can stay hanging and will be transported to the closet in the new cabin.

b) All else should be packed into your suitcases which will be taken to the new cabin where you can unpack them.

A couple of extra mini-bottles of vodka probably wouldn't sway me but there is also the value of the Shareholder Benefit to consider.

Shareholder wise, you're better off with the 20 dayer at $250 than 2 ten dayers at $100 each. $50 is $50 and don't we all love this perk!!!

Archived