RCC robes

I see on RC web site they sell those robes costing 80.00. My question is, Are they worth it? I thought of surprising my wife with one witing for her when we arrive in our room on our very first cruise but don't want to make those touristy mistakes.

For a ROBE...no...they're NOT worth $80!!!! It's a robe!

Just ask your room attendant to bring her a robe to use while on the ship. If they have some, they will do it.

Otherwise, you bathing suit cover-up will work, if you don't bring your own robe.

On one of our cruises in 2007 DH got us one of the Romance packages http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=PACKGE That included 2 of the Terry Cloth robes and we still use them!

If you just wanted it for while on vacation, ask your cabin attendant.

In looking at the Romance packages, I see that the robes are described as one size fits all. Do you think this would apply to someone that wears a 2XL?:confused:

I dont like the waffle robes which I think are $80. The terrycloth ones are great. I got DH one for a gift on one of our cruises ( with cc points) and he loves it. He doesnt think it will fit 2xl. He is XL and he said its just a tad tight. Belt doesnt fit well at all

I dont like the waffle robes which I think are $80. The terrycloth ones are great. I got DH one for a gift on one of our cruises ( with cc points) and he loves it. He doesnt think it will fit 2xl. He is XL and he said its just a tad tight. Belt doesnt fit well at all

Thanks for the quick response demodawn! I guess I'll choose one of the Romance packages that doesn't include the robes.

On one of our cruises in 2007 DH got us one of the Romance packages http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=PACKGE That included 2 of the Terry Cloth robes and we still use them!

If you just wanted it for while on vacation, ask your cabin attendant.

They sell 2 types of robes. one is 50.00 and one is 80.00 (They advertise is as a Waffle cut" robe. which is it they offer in the package?

We have never had a robe that will fit the person in our group that wears a 2XL. It just doesn't go all the way around. But we leave in 9 days for our next cruise and will check it out again.

Personally I don't care for the heavy terry cloth robes (too heavy and too hot). I prefer the "waffle weave" lighter weight ones but we never get those to use-only the heavy ones. So I usually just bring my own robe.

They sell 2 types of robes. one is 50.00 and one is 80.00 (They advertise is as a Waffle cut" robe. which is it they offer in the package?

In 2007 it was the heavy terry cloth ones.

Im thinking I might want to check out the waffle weave ones. The terry ones are bulky for every day use, we use them- the terry ones when we go outside into our hot tub!!!!

One of our "perks" is that there are robes given to us to use during the cruise. I try to enjoy them, but they are VERY heavy. One in our party is a 2x and it doesn't really fit well. I just prefer something more lightweight. I think I would prefer the waffle type, but that's not what is provided in the cabin. I've worn it on the balcony when it was chilly and I was sunburned. I was glad to have it then, but that's about the only time I got any real use out of it. It's just big an cumbersome and usually ends up hanging on the hook inside the bathroom for the duration of the cruise.

I have had robes for each sailing. Sometimes they've put the waffle one in the cabin and other times it's the terry. I've never had a Terry one that I would pay $80 for and the waffle isn't nearly as good. The robes are not a full length. They come down to my knee. And I am (as they say overseas) 'fluffy'. A person of 2x or 3x can put the robe on, but it will NOT close completely. I have one of those NICE heavy terry 'Turkish' robes at home that hubby got me years ago and that I'm sure cost him $100. We are talking 2 different things between 'my' robe and the ones they offer on the ship.

Erika

We recently traveled on Navigator in a Grand Suite which had the waffle type robes but with a dark blue trim around the edges. My wife really liked this robe and we asked the attendant if we could buy a new one of these. He told us that this type of suite robe was not for sale. We asked what would happen if we just took one home and he told us that we would be billed for $150 which seemed an enormous amount for a used robe so we left it on board!!!.

Anyone now what the return policy is? of course I'm talking about purchasing it online and having it waiting for me when we get there. If we see right away and it is not to our liking we could give it right back. I would guess they sell them on board. That way we could try it on first.

I bought the $80 robe as an Xmas gift for our son (his first cruise). It was the waffle robe.

It has a nice embroidered logo, and our son really likes it.

Is it worth $80? Well, I'd say the component parts (cloth, thread, labour) probably add up to half of that.

But the memories that go along with it, the cruise, the visit to Kennedy Space Center, and Nassau, and Key West? Priceless.

Archived