Is anyone watching the News?

Tsunami Warning issued for Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Mexico, parts of South America, Australia, Indonesia... take care within the warning areas. Please head the warnings. This quake was only 6 miles deep and 80 miles off the coast.

From the live helecopter footage, we could see that this is a "bigger event" than what we first perceive, and what we hear reported..

In our part of the world, it is only the evening.

BUT.. Tomorrow, we will awake to see only part of the real toll of lives lost.. Our thoughts go to all the innocent people effected in these disasters.. And the workers who help the recovery process.....

S and P.

Tsunami Warning issued for Washington, . take care within the warning areas. Please head the warnings. This quake was only 6 miles deep and 80 miles off the coast.

Unless I am mistaken I thought it was only the Western seaboard that is likely to be affected by the Tsunami.

I feel sorry for the inhabitants of the polynesian island that are very low lying, if there infrastructure is not great they are unlikely to be aware of the approaching tidal wave. I have heard figures of 2 mtrs to 10 mtrs in height, I hope its the latter. I believe that the size of the wave is all relative to the topography of the seabed and how it rises as it approaches the landmass

Just heard that a ship carrying 100 passengers is reported to be missing in the vicinity.

Thoughts for all affected

The Legend is between Hongkong and Xiuang right now.Just left Honkong. She must be exactly in the area were they gave out the Tsunami warning!

From what I have read from the 2004 event, my understanding is that any large vessel at sea not in a close coastal area will experience the tsunami as a small ripple. It is when the tsunami approaches the opposing shore that the wave builds up in height and intensity. Which is good for the Legend OTS.

Archived