Diamond Plus Amenities on the Majesty of the Seas

I have more experience with the Monarch which is the Majesty sister ship. There is no concierge or Diamond lounge. The specialty restaurant is Jade which is upstairs from the windjammer and I am not sure they offer that as additional seating but climbing the spiral staircase in the windjammer with food in your hand is not advisable. Not sure if they have a Diamond event as I have never attended one on the Monarch.

We have always had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room once we became diamond.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There is not a concierge lounge on Majesty. There is a nightly Diamond Event. Free champagne, wine and fountain soft drinks. Other drinks are 25% discount. Only snack is a nut and raisin mixture. There is a special section in the dining room for Diamond/Diamond plus at breakfast. This applies to Suite passengers also.

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking forward to cruising on the Majesty. We've been very happy that they haven't allowed smoking in the Concierge Lounges. They don't allow it at the Diamond Events, do they?

Not that I have seen.

We're looking forward to cruising on the Majesty. We've been very happy that they haven't allowed smoking in the Concierge Lounges. They don't allow it at the Diamond Events, do they?

If memory serves me right, the starboard side of the Viking Crown is smoking. The area reserved for the D event is the entire front section of the VCL.

....and a separate place for breakfast for Diamond Plus members on the Majesty?

Thanks.

Majesty does do a diamond breakfast in the MDR.

Not sure if it is the same on Majesty, but on sister ship Monarch, the Diamond event (as previous poster stated) is indeed in forward Viking lounge. The "smoking" section is just a table or two away from that section. We were run out of there several times by smoke. Once from two older teenagers that were smoking cigars two tables from us.

It is a shame they allow smoking in that pretty lounge at all, as it still smells like a dirty ashtray during the day with no one in it. Real shame.

Thanks for the warning about smoking in the lounge; at least we'll be ready for it. Sorry you had to leave because of your experiences; I'm always surprised when places think that having one area of a restaurant, bar, etc. smoking won't impact the entire room.

Hopefully we'll get lucky and it won't be too bad during this cruise.

Mom & I were on Majesty in Feb and had no issues with smoke in VKL each night. The one side is smoking but we just sat on the other side or towards the middle over looking pool deck and had no problems with it.

The "Upper Tier" party was a real joke though. We got there early & saw it lasted only 15-20 min. and they stopped serving drinks once the first employee started to speak, never had Capt or any upper staff come and speak , servers were rude, and there were only a few trays of food brought out even though room was 75% full. MANY people extremely upset (& voiced it) and some late comers (5 min late) weren't able to get anything. Had no issued with this event on any other RCI cruise so if you miss that, no worries.

Tina

We just got off Monarch last Monday. The party was held in the Circuit, was well attended by officers and there was lot's of food and drink served, including martini & marguerita shots. We had full breakfast in the main dining room daily, served in the rear area of the room. The nightly diamond event was in the VKL. We were told there were 60 diamond & 14 diamond plus on this cruise, so the room was never crowded. Lot's of champagne flowing. Cigar smoking was allowed in the evening in a section of the VKL after the diamond event but we never were bothered by smoke either night or day so they must have an excellent vent system. Just move away from the smokers later in the evening.

Archived