Chukka Beach Break

CantWaitToCruise3

Did it this past Feb on NOS. Thought it was very good - so much in fact that I have booked it again when we return to Falmouth this July on Allure. You board an air conditioned bus with a tour guide for about a 25 min ride to a private beach. The guide talks and points out things along the way. (However, not really a lot to see) At the beach you are given a ticket for lunch (served about an hour after arrival, if you take the early time) You also get a lounge chair. There is plenty of shade available. The beach was very nice and the water was crystal clear. (very gradual slope) A little way down the beach are some jet skis, wind surf stuff for rent. The bathrooms were clean and there were picnic tables for the barbecue lunch consisting of chicken, Jamaican rice, a vegetable, some kind of chewy Jamaican cookie, and punch or water. (A little spicy, but everything was hot and fresh). There is also a cash bar. All of the staff at the beach was friendly and helpful. They even had some organized games for those that wanted to participate. The actual time at the beach was 3-3.5 hours, which was plenty for us. We did a little shopping at the port when we returned. Hope this helps.

The beach reminded me of a very small version of 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman. There were no vendors on our beach. However, if you walked to the beach on the far left, there were some vendors there. I think you will enjoy this, if you are a beach lover and just want to relax.

480368553_NavigatorCruiseFeb2011031.jpg.1f61e8635d608018c3643ddfb78df736.jpg

Thanks for the picture! If you have any more, I'd love to see them. We just booked this excursion and are looking forward to a relaxing day at the beach. The prior 2 days we'll be doing big adventures (Xrail jungle buggy and Stingray City), so a day at the beach sounds wonderful.

If we bring our snorkel gear, is there any decent snorkeling at this beach?

I did not see any rocks or people snorkeling, so I would guess not. You'll enjoy this beach, especially for relaxing. I am very fussy. The day we were there, the water was clear with absolutely nothing in it and the sand was soft and free of rocks. I'm hoping it will be as nice when I return in July.

We were there last Thursday. We loved it...very relaxing...gorgeous beach, crystal clear water, great jerk chicken lunch, nice bathrooms and changing rooms. There is a volleyball net, but not much else to do but relax. I don't know if your 14 year old would be bored, but most kids looked like they were having a great time in the waves. Our ride was only 10-15 minutes from the port. On the way to the beach, our driver gave us a short tour of Falmouth. He asked if anyone wanted to stop at a 200 year old church or go the the beach and everyone yelled "beach"!

Our bus stopped at the church for 5 minutes and it was interesting. I also got to take a picture with the baby goats in the back of the cemetary so that was fun.

It was a cheap yet wonderful, relaxing day. I know little kids would love it and I saw older ones having fun as well but if your child is into the water tramp. slide etc. they might be bored. If they had all of that I would not go there as I loved the view of the water.

I talked to another couple who paid $80 round trip just to get to the beach in montego bay let alone the food and drink. To me the time, price, and location was great!

Did it this past Feb on NOS. Thought it was very good - so much in fact that I have booked it again when we return to Falmouth this July on Allure. You board an air conditioned bus with a tour guide for about a 25 min ride to a private beach. The guide talks and points out things along the way. (However, not really a lot to see) At the beach you are given a ticket for lunch (served about an hour after arrival, if you take the early time) You also get a lounge chair. There is plenty of shade available. The beach was very nice and the water was crystal clear. (very gradual slope) A little way down the beach are some jet skis, wind surf stuff for rent. The bathrooms were clean and there were picnic tables for the barbecue lunch consisting of chicken, Jamaican rice, a vegetable, some kind of chewy Jamaican cookie, and punch or water. (A little spicy, but everything was hot and fresh). There is also a cash bar. All of the staff at the beach was friendly and helpful. They even had some organized games for those that wanted to participate. The actual time at the beach was 3-3.5 hours, which was plenty for us. We did a little shopping at the port when we returned. Hope this helps.

Thanks for directing me to your review of Chukka beach Break with RCCL.

Actually, if the time at the beach is truly 3-3.5 hours that might be enough for us as well! stacey k cruisedivanj

Hello - Just wondering what the vendor situation was on this beach...meaning really do you get to relax or are you constantly asked about hair braiding etc.

The beach and description sounds wonderful and I'm really leaning towards taking the excursion next week - going on Oasis this Saturday :). Thank you for any input.

I have just booked onto the Navigator of the Seas for April 18th. We will be docking in Falmouth and I just started to look at some excursions. I know that Labadee will be a beach day, but we love the beach. I saw this excursion and it intrigued me.

For those of you that were there, did you dock in Falmouth, or was your ride from Montego Bay? Is 3 - 3.5 hours really enough?

Thanks in advance for any comments! God, I love this website! I can always find what I am looking for! :)

Docked in Falmouth. Short ride from the dock. For me, 3-3.5 hours was enough. If you want 5+ hours at the beach, then you will want a longer excursion with more beach time.

Thank you for your response! Sounds like a great excursion to me!

Hi, we just booked for november 27 and were looking at this tour (nice price and DH doesn't want an entire day on the beach but could handle a few hours) Do you think I should book this ahead of time? If I wait do you think it may sell out? I just hate to pay up front and then go on the cruise and it is a lousy beach weather day. But not bad enough that it gets cancelled. Any thoughts?

How bad will you feel if you are closed out? That should be the deciding factor. When we went to Falmouth on Navigator this Feb, we were only the 3rd ship to dock there. Worrying that this port was very incomplete we booked this excursion the first day of our cruise. For my July cruise on Allure, I have already booked this excursion again. I'm focusing on positive thoughts for beautiful weather. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Archived