Chukka Beach Break

CantWaitToCruise3

This thread was so helpful! We did do this excursion while we were on the Navigator. I have lots of pics from the beach on photobucket. http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/Will77W/Navigator%20of%20the%20Seas%20April%2018th%202011/?start=all

To clarify a few things:

The beach was Good Hope Beach, and was about 10-20 minutes from the pier.

Lounge chairs were available, straight back chairs and floating mats were available for rent for $5. Right when you get there, they do a little lottery and the person who gets the red number wins a free mat for the day.

There were no umbrellas, but there was tons of shade.

Hope this helps!

*****Is lunch included in the excursion price or an extra cost? Thanks!

Did it this past Feb on NOS. Thought it was very good - so much in fact that I have booked it again when we return to Falmouth this July on Allure. You board an air conditioned bus with a tour guide for about a 25 min ride to a private beach. The guide talks and points out things along the way. (However, not really a lot to see) At the beach you are given a ticket for lunch (served about an hour after arrival, if you take the early time) You also get a lounge chair. There is plenty of shade available. The beach was very nice and the water was crystal clear. (very gradual slope) A little way down the beach are some jet skis, wind surf stuff for rent. The bathrooms were clean and there were picnic tables for the barbecue lunch consisting of chicken, Jamaican rice, a vegetable, some kind of chewy Jamaican cookie, and punch or water. (A little spicy, but everything was hot and fresh). There is also a cash bar. All of the staff at the beach was friendly and helpful. They even had some organized games for those that wanted to participate. The actual time at the beach was 3-3.5 hours, which was plenty for us. We did a little shopping at the port when we returned. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

This excursion sounds great! Thanks for all the helpful reviews and pictures. I am looking forward to more reviews. I won't be going to Falmouth until 2012 but trying to do some research now. :)

• 1 month later...
I will be doing the "Chukka Beach Break" again this July on my Allure cruise. Will let all you folks know if it is just as great as it was this past Feb. Stay tuned.

Looking forward to your comments when you return!!! Hope you have a great cruise! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done this excursion while on the Oasis or Allure? Do they limit the number of people? Was the beach crowded?

Also, does anyone have any info on the beach break without lunch? It's listed with the other RCCL Falmouth excursions but says "inquire onboard". Wondering if this was scheduled in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Thanks! :)

I have been researching this excursion, looks like a good deal. More positive reviews than negative, actually only one. Person complaining about seaweed. Heck I go to the Jersey shore there's seaweed at some point during the summer;). Looks like I will be booking this excursion for our cruise on the Freedom in March. Thanks everyone!!!

Sailing on Oasis 9/3 with a stop in Falmouth. I note excursions to Chukka Beach have one at 29.00 and one for 49.00. Is the only difference that one

includes lunch? But, the time on the beach is the same? Appreciate anyone's

response or ideas on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived