Chukka Beach Break

CantWaitToCruise3

thanks for the updates

where can you buy the food at the beach?

Is is an easy, safe walk from where the excursion takes you?

If not I'll being some granola bars, we can enjoy the beach & eat back at the port or on the ship...

thanks for the updates

where can you buy the food at the beach?

Is is an easy, safe walk from where the excursion takes you?

If not I'll being some granola bars, we can enjoy the beach & eat back at the port or on the ship...

As soon as you get to the beach you'll pass the restroom area on the right and left then the main snack shack restaurant on the right facing the water, from where the beach chairs are it's maybe a 2 min walk max. Just on the other side of the lifeguard stand in this photo, you can kind of see the building in the background. The whole area is quite nice nothing third world about it, if you've been to other islands you'll have seen the same set up.

564478_3962413300206_496481022_n.jpg

thanks so much for the info and great photos..nice to see Umbrellas too!

I am diabetic so it'd be good to have some snack during the beach stop...

Love the nicely polished toes...

Your welcome

Yeah they have small snacks like chips and stuff you can always buy pretty much anything you want to eat in the port or bring something off the ship. I'll let my wife know you liked her toes ;)

Thanks again--

if our Celebrity excursion meets at the port area, we can get some snacks to take with us before the excursion leaves..

Was there an extra charge for the unmbrellas & lounges?

any sand fleas?

Thanks again--

if our Celebrity excursion meets at the port area, we can get some snacks to take with us before the excursion leaves..

any sand fleas?

Sure we had around 30 mins from when we docked to when we got on the bus, we wanted to be early, but no worries if you miss the first bus they go back and forth all day.

If your a picky eater I'd recommend going to the duty free shop or some of the western stores i.e. subway, dairy queen...

No charge for loungers, no need for umbrellas as there is plenty of shade just sit closer to the back of the beach and no fleas or mosquitoes, but I always bring some just in case when on vacation ;)

If there are bugs the beach and water is amazing no rocks or big waves, hopefully you find it as nice when you go as I did.

• 2 weeks later...

any sand fleas?

We were just on this Celebrity excursion January 3 and rented an umbrella for $5. The lounges were included in your excursion price.

Did not encounter any sand fleas. It was a great beach day and we would do this again.

I thought the beach was awesome. Very simple to buy tickets in the port and within 10 minutes we were at the beach. Once we arrived, the driver brought us to a lady who gave us the lay of the land. She showed us where the bathrooms, showers and bar was. She then asked us where would we like to sit and had the chairs placed where we wanted them. She would pop over once and awhile to see if we needed anything....no pressure to buy anything. They were almost no vendors walking buy to sell stuff or braid hair. The beach is on the small side but if you walked in either direction away from their beach, there was no one anywhere as far as you could see. My wife and I had a nice quiet stroll and never saw anyone. It is possible to leave the beach and return during the day if you wanted to. I didn't eat the food so I can't say if it was worth it or not. We were on Independence of the Seas and the woman that worked at the beach said it was the first time that ship had been to Falmouth before, That was the reason their were so few people there.

1225093087_Beach1.jpg.bb21b2477f1a12f9db4cc7dd080e20cd.jpg

Glad I checked back..seems like we will have a nice day with no stress. thanks to all who have kept this thread up to date!

We decided to stick with the "no lunch included" option... Food for me was the big issue-- i am taking a med that requires me not to miss meals....seems there will be a way to have lunch /snacks while we are there...

Hi

I have the same question as trtllovr, but did not see a response. The excursion is listed as going out at 7:30am is this the only schedule time to head to the beach or are there other shuttle off the ship a little later? I love the beach, but getting there for 8am is a little early for me, I am on holidays you know.... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I have the same question as trtllovr, but did not see a response. The excursion is listed as going out at 7:30am is this the only schedule time to head to the beach or are there other shuttle off the ship a little later? I love the beach, but getting there for 8am is a little early for me, I am on holidays you know.... :)

The buses go back and forth all day we left for the beach around 10am and came back around 4pm. Someone even left something there and the driver just took them right back to get it,which is about 15 mins away so 30 mins round trip

where is there a spice market in falmouth? thanks.

It is right next to the dock where they are building the margaritaville you can't miss it its the biggest restaurant there at the moment

I thought the beach was awesome. Very simple to buy tickets in the port and within 10 minutes we were at the beach. Once we arrived, the driver brought us to a lady who gave us the lay of the land. She showed us where the bathrooms, showers and bar was. She then asked us where would we like to sit and had the chairs placed where we wanted them. She would pop over once and awhile to see if we needed anything....no pressure to buy anything. They were almost no vendors walking buy to sell stuff or braid hair. The beach is on the small side but if you walked in either direction away from their beach, there was no one anywhere as far as you could see. My wife and I had a nice quiet stroll and never saw anyone. It is possible to leave the beach and return during the day if you wanted to. I didn't eat the food so I can't say if it was worth it or not. We were on Independence of the Seas and the woman that worked at the beach said it was the first time that ship had been to Falmouth before, That was the reason their were so few people there.

How much did you pay at the port? wondering if its worth buying the excursion or just getting there and paying to go to a beach

Hi

I'm in agreement with you both about the 7:30 time. Did you guys decide to book it anyway and chance going later?

I am also interested in doing this tour.

I think we'll wait to buy the tickets from the kiosk in port. I'd rather wait and see what the weather will be on that day. There's nothing like being on a beach when it's hot and sunny.;)

If it's cloudy, we'll just head to Margarataville.

My questions are, once you buy the ticket from the kiosk, where do you go or is there someone there to tell you where to go to catch the bus?

Also, does anyone know if there's a pax limit? I would like to get there at 10am to get a good spot on the beach and leave around 3pm so I can do some shopping.:D

I'm so looking forward to Jamaica.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I am also interested in doing this tour.

I think we'll wait to buy the tickets from the kiosk in port. I'd rather wait and see what the weather will be on that day. There's nothing like being on a beach when it's hot and sunny.;)

If it's cloudy, we'll just head to Margarataville.

My questions are, once you buy the ticket from the kiosk, where do you go or is there someone there to tell you where to go to catch the bus?

Also, does anyone know if there's a pax limit? I would like to get there at 10am to get a good spot on the beach and leave around 3pm so I can do some shopping.:D

I'm so looking forward to Jamaica.:)

There is a limit to the number of people the allow, so I guess you can take your chance and book at the dock. You can head over whenever you'd like they have buses back and forth every 15 mins or so. We got there at 10:30 and there where plenty of chairs they will bring chairs for you if you do t see any where you'd like to sit

Did it this past Feb on NOS. Thought it was very good - so much in fact that I have booked it again when we return to Falmouth this July on Allure. You board an air conditioned bus with a tour guide for about a 25 min ride to a private beach. The guide talks and points out things along the way. (However, not really a lot to see) At the beach you are given a ticket for lunch (served about an hour after arrival, if you take the early time) You also get a lounge chair. There is plenty of shade available. The beach was very nice and the water was crystal clear. (very gradual slope) A little way down the beach are some jet skis, wind surf stuff for rent. The bathrooms were clean and there were picnic tables for the barbecue lunch consisting of chicken, Jamaican rice, a vegetable, some kind of chewy Jamaican cookie, and punch or water. (A little spicy, but everything was hot and fresh). There is also a cash bar. All of the staff at the beach was friendly and helpful. They even had some organized games for those that wanted to participate. The actual time at the beach was 3-3.5 hours, which was plenty for us. We did a little shopping at the port when we returned. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for this info. My wife and I can't decide which Royal beach tour to do. Do they have umbrellas to rent?

Greg

Sure we had around 30 mins from when we docked to when we got on the bus, we wanted to be early, but no worries if you miss the first bus they go back and forth all day.

If your a picky eater I'd recommend going to the duty free shop or some of the western stores i.e. subway, dairy queen...

No charge for loungers, no need for umbrellas as there is plenty of shade just sit closer to the back of the beach and no fleas or mosquitoes, but I always bring some just in case when on vacation ;)

If there are bugs the beach and water is amazing no rocks or big waves, hopefully you find it as nice when you go as I did.

Sorry about the umbrella question. I didn't read far enough ahead in the Tread. Did anyone think the food was "real" spicy?

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Navigator Mar 16/13. Did Chukka Beach Break, no meal. We left port 9 am, returned 1 pm. It was perfect as the beach was quiet in the morning and the shade was nice. I walked the beach outside the Chukka area and it was lovely and quiet. We had loungers in the shade, the music was all reggae and not too loud where we were sitting, appropriate for all ages. The water was warm and lovely for swimming. Washrooms were clean, cold outdoor showers for a quick rinse off. lifeguards were on duty & and a couple of employees played soccer with some kids sitting nearby. A couple more excursions came later, so if you can come early it's better. The shade disappears in the afternoon, but you can rent an umbrella. You can buy lunch there for $15 or just jerk chicken for $8. We just had water and a red stripe and ate lunch on the ship. We then did a self guided walking tour of Falmouth in the pm. We had a very good day which was not too expensive and did not require a long bus ride.

• 1 month later...

I want to make sure I understand how this works.

1. We can wait until we arrive in Falmouth and buy tickets to the beach at the kiosk that is in the shopping area right off the ship?

2. We can go whever we feel like and and stay as long as we want? The excursion w/o lunch says 4 hours, but we can go at like 9 am and stay until 3 pm if we want?

3. Lounge chairs are included but you pay for umbrellas, right?

4. Kiosk price is $29 pp just like if I book straight off of Royal's website?

If this is true, then I think we will do this if the weather is nice. My biggest issue with the excursion being only 4 hours. I want to spend all day at the beach!!!

If someone could confirm exactly how this works, I would appreciate it.

Archived