Chukka Beach Break

CantWaitToCruise3

The price including lunch through RCCL is the same for both kids and adults if you book the Chukka Beach Break excursion. There is also a no lunch option, which is significantly cheaper, but it is only available to book aboard the ship, not online. I suspect they wait to see how many are going to book with the lunch (more profitable for them) before booking the no lunch option. We debated waiting, but decided to go ahead and book and not have to worry about availability/booking on the ship, even though we could wait and eat food we've already paid for on the ship.

No idea about the WiFi, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why the minimum age listed is 6? Seems old for a beach excursion. It sounded like a great option for our group and reasonably priced, but we'll have 3 kids under the age of 6 with us.

We'll be on Oasis over Christmas this year and are having a hard time finding something for our group of 10 (which includes 4 kids) to do. The other beach break options are significantly more expensive.

:confused: Any idea if this is really available to book on board without lunch? I'm sailing on the Oasis...Do they sell food there at the beach? Not really looking for a buffet. Traveling with a small child and I know he won't eat much. Thanks in advance....

• 5 months later...
Bumping this back up with the hopes that someone will answer about other food options on the beach, and why the age restriction...

The beach and facilities were clean. The people that worked there were friendly. If I remember correctly beer was $5. I would not do the lunch again. We were disappointed in that, but would go back to the beach.

• 1 month later...

We did the Chukka Beach Break w/Lunch this past March. The beach was VERY crowded and people just kept coming. The "snack bar" has beer, sodas maybe, and water. I think I saw some folks come back with a bag of potato chips but nothing else. The gift shop had very little to choose from. The lunch was jerk chicken, some type of rice, a slaw of some kind and a fruit drink or water. Chicken and fruit drink were very good. Over all, the entire area was clean and well maintained, staff was very friendly, one bathroom for men, one for women, and 2 "changing" areas with very flimsy curtains for doors. The day we were there, as I said, it was very crowded, but it was also cloudy, the water was still pretty cool, and as soon as lunch was served, people were lining up to get back on the shuttle buses back to town. There were some very young children there. Some friends on the same cruise said they were not able to go because of the age restriction, but I saw no reason for nor signs indicating there was an age restriction. Oh yeah, loud music was playing all the time and the "local" version of an Enrique Iglesias song included explicit language that we do not hear in the U.S. (on that particular song). Instead of "tonight I'm loving you, it was "tonight I'm f-ing you", over and over. Would not have wanted young children to hear that - maybe that's where the age restriction comes in, but if so, then, in my opinion, the age limit should have been more like young teens. Just my opinion.

• 3 months later...

It appears that there are just too many mixed reviews here. But overall the price point is very appealing. I just think that rcci did a bad job with this port and the allure. But I guess the ship makes up for it. :-)

• 5 weeks later...
We'll be in Falmouth in December. The Carnival excursion to Chukka is $76 per person (times 3 of us)!! Seems like an awful lot of money for what's been described. No age restriction from Carnival.

Damn 76??? Rccl charges 30 or 50w/food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just wondering since the Chukka beach is so close to the ship, can you go to the beach and the ship on a shuttle? Seems that if you get into port at 7am you should be able to get to the beach early, return to the ship for lunch and then go back to the beach. Anyone know if you can do that?

• 2 weeks later...

we just back back from allure and this was an amazing excursion especially for the cost. You cannot go back to the beach from the ship, thee are shuttles it was a little confusing but the beach was uber clean quiet and smooth. We stayed all day and then went back to the port for lunch. got beers at the stand it was about $4 for red stripe

Compared this spot to labadee and you will see RCI needs some work to do with the haiti. Even in the port the bathrooms where new, clean and the people where really nice, plus the shopping was great not Cozumel nice but pretty good lots of choices and no pressure.

The beach and facilities were clean. The people that worked there were friendly. If I remember correctly beer was $5. I would not do the lunch again. We were disappointed in that, but would go back to the beach.

What about any other drinking options other than beer, like rum punch or something (as I'm not really much of a beer drinker)?

we just back back from allure and this was an amazing excursion especially for the cost. You cannot go back to the beach from the ship, thee are shuttles it was a little confusing but the beach was uber clean quiet and smooth. We stayed all day and then went back to the port for lunch. got beers at the stand it was about $4 for red stripe

Compared this spot to labadee and you will see RCI needs some work to do with the haiti. Even in the port the bathrooms where new, clean and the people where really nice, plus the shopping was great not Cozumel nice but pretty good lots of choices and no pressure.

Thank you for coming back with your review! And the photos. Looks great! Can't wait for February!

What about any other drinking options other than beer, like rum punch or something (as I'm not really much of a beer drinker)?

I think they had rum punch, coke, diet coke, sprite and water. Plus snacks, chips candy etc... You could always but a small bottle of anything you can think of at the shops in Falmouth and then just buy a soda

Old thread but very helpful, esp. the updates...we booked this excursion with Celeb for March 2013....without the lunch..

.Are there any burgers/fries/fish or more substantial snacks available--or just chips at the snack stand?

thinking maybe we should switch over to the lunch version instead...????

Archived