What cruise are you dreaming about now? ??

COLLEYBERRY

My husband lost his job six weeks ago, so we're dreaming of ANY cruise, ANYWHERE. :D I suggested we use the severance and go on a TA, but what kind of example would that be for the kids? I hate being grown up sometimes!

Robin

:) Linda and I have been dreaming about our upcoming Maasdam cruise 45 day r/t Fort Lauderdale oct 28th to the Med. We booked it over a month ago and can't wait. We had to cancel several cruises over the last year since Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is now done with chemo and radiation and doing very well all treatments should be done by Sept. and we are ready to sail

Oh my, Colleen, I'm in a pickle of a dream. I've booked a 10-day New England to Canada (NYC to Quebec) cruise on the Eurodam in one of my (our :D) beloved aft balcony cabins leaving the end of Sept. The single supplement was a killer on this cruise. :eek: Now I'm researching air fare, excursions and hotel(s) and am thinking I could probably book a 7-day Alaska cruise in the Penthouse for less. ;)

So, now I'm trying to find a cabin I could live with (good Lord, I'm a such a diva !) on an Alaska cruise this summer leaving from Vancouver (loved, loved, loved the scenery first and last day from there in '09) but I'm constrained by the dates due to one co-worker getting married in May and another having a baby in June....the boss doesn't want 2 teammates out at the same time. :( Last year I subbed for one of my co-workers who had a baby in June and couldn't go back to Alaska....these younguns are really cramping my style. :)

Anyway, I'm determined to get back to Alaska this year and will probably cancel the New England / Canada cruise so I can do so. Hey, a girl's gotta go where her heart is....right?

How about you? What are you dreaming of?

Diane

Just curious ..again:)

Where are everyone cruises plans taking them?.

Is this your first time for this cruise destination?

Is it a favorite destination ?

Is it going to be somewhere you have always dreamed of going?

Are you dreaming/ tentatively planning where you would like to cruise next ?

Regards Colleen

This year's cruise is a classic transatlantic crossing - taking the rare opportunity to do this on HAL on the Rotterdam in July.

No its actually not the first - its our second ever crossing. We did the QE2 several years ago.

Yes, I must admit I love the at sea days best so I am happy to be out in the middle of nowhere.

Somewhere I've always dreamed about doing? Well it was the first time around. Not so much now.

I'm always dreaming about the next destination/cruise. There's still a large part of the world to see.

Where are everyone cruises plans taking them?.

Is this your first time for this cruise destination?

Is it a favorite destination ?

Is it going to be somewhere you have always dreamed of going?

Are you dreaming/ tentatively planning where you would like to cruise next ?

Regards Colleen

Colleen ... we are preparing for our next cruise (5 days in May) but I am dreaming of our October 2012 Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale aboard Maasdam. Already looking at shore excursions as we've never been to that part of North America.

Further dreaming as we plan our spring 2012 cruise which may be a return to Alaska with friends. Zuiderdam 5191 is still available on some Alaska dates. Yes ... I'm hurrying to get that choice and reservation made.:D

Cheers!

My husband lost his job six weeks ago, so we're dreaming of ANY cruise, ANYWHERE. :D I suggested we use the severance and go on a TA, but what kind of example would that be for the kids? I hate being grown up sometimes!

Robin

Certainly understandable in these trying times... We're fortunate to cruise at all...

B

Where are everyone cruises plans taking them?.Will be going to Eastern Mediterranean and Greek Isles in 111 days (yes, I am counting)

Is this your first time for this cruise destination? Sort of, we were on the Noordam last year for the Western Med., so we will repeat Rome, but all of the other ports will be new for us.

Is it a favorite destination ? I think it will be!

Is it going to be somewhere you have always dreamed of going? Yes. I have always wanted to visit Venice and see the Greek Isles.

Are you dreaming/ tentatively planning where you would like to cruise next ? After we complete this cruise, we are making plans to return to Alaska. We will be taking our adult kids and spouses.

Regards Colleen

Thanks, Colleen, for starting this FUN thread. :)

It's 2.50 am here in Ontario and I can't sleep(I have no idea why) .... I am having fun reading about all your cruise dreams though...hey it's St Patrick's Day!!..well 'top of the mornin' to you all '

Everyone's Irish today and if you are lucky enough to be Irish you're lucky enough.:):)

We have no immediate cruise plans...I have this kitchen I am remodeling.. sigh... but one day I hope we cruise to ..Bermuda, Mediterranean, TA, Australia/New Zealand...oh heck anywhere you guys are going sounds so swell. ( Lee( DH) would happily float around Alaska forever):D

Sending some "luck of the Irish" your way Robin7 and I hope everyone's dreams come true.

Diane, follow your heart.:)

Happy St Patrick's Day !!

Colleen

Well, we're dreaming of our Noordam cruise at the end of the month, of course.

Then- we will dream about our desired Transatlantic Repositioning and visiting old friends in England.:)

I know I said I was dreaming of our Antarctic cruise, but I've been dreaming about the English countryside all day today. I think it's because our cruising friends leave on a Princess TA/British Isles sailing in May. I'm green with envy.

B

An interesting question, but I just couldn't help but consider how fortunate those of us on these boards happen to be. For many of us, a cruise is not only a dream, but a reality - maybe not as often as we'd like, or in the stateroom we'd prefer, but let's not quibble. Anyway . . . it's hard not to think (dream) and plan once a decision has been made, and we recently decided on the 7 day fjords cruise. Now it's all about the ports and the excursions. The thinking (dreaming) is almost as much fun as the event, itself. If I may digress for Sapper1 - Do try the river cruise. The tulip cruise we took a few years back was extraordinary. I can't say that it was better than ocean cruising - it's just very different.

World cruise? Now there's a dream!! :rolleyes:

Hi Sapper... a co worker went on a river cruise and quite liked it, they described it just as Goldenlover has ,different than cruising but nice in it's own right ( land and it's scenery very close)

Speaking of English countryside Bellebaby.:) Friends of ours took a houseboat through English river/canal? system. Peacefully floating from little town to town..docking..then taking in the local pub (often found it the best choice for dining) Regaled us with wonderful /hilarious tales of the overly friendly livestock and interesting locals they encountered.:D

They said the scenery was lovely and the houseboat spacious and comfortable.It was a fun vacation for them

Sounds like a lot of work to me :D (Lee however would love it)

Looking forward to our Australian / NZ adventure next Feb-March - finally less than a year. Yaaay.

Dreaming of what I hope will be the next one - Voyage of the Vikings in 2013 and then Panama Canal sometime after that.

I have so many places that I want to see.

Archived