List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

Who is the CD for the week on the Freedom? I know Ken Rush is off just for one week only. Anyone know who took his place for the week?

Im pretty sure that Ken is gone for the next 2 weeks, and it's Abe Hughes that is filling in for him as CD on the freedom.

We were just on Serenade with Matt from Leicestershire England and he was very good. We predict that Bingo Spice his activities director will make CD. She is super. In September, we had a guy whise name escapes me at the moment on Grandeur out of Baltimore however he had an alter-ego blue collar guy who was hysterical. Does anybody remember him??

In September, we had a guy whise name escapes me at the moment on Grandeur out of Baltimore however he had an alter-ego blue collar guy who was hysterical. Does anybody remember him??

That would be Eric Dowis... and yes, he wants to 'preciate you! :D

Theron

Abe (the current Asst. Cruise Director on the Freedom) will be the Cruise Director on the Rhapsody starting Nov 18th, We were told this when we were on the Freedom 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to Abe! He was the ACD on the Navigator during our Thanksgiving cruise last year, and was friendly, entertaining and dealt with difficult people with aplomb and grace. (We were especially impressed with the way he handled some hecklers during bingo.)

He'd mentioned that he was a little bummed to be away from home for the holidays but that he loved his job so it was worth it. We were also happy to see him get some airtime on the Today Show when they broadcast live from the Freedom earlier this year.

I think he'll be a great CD.

Also, it seems like the end of November is when some of the rotations change (presumably due to the holidays?). On the same Thanksgiving cruise, one of the CD staffers, Chris (Armas? Tall, blond, kind of shy), mentioned it was his last week on the Navigator and that he was being promoted to CD on (I think) the Rhapsody.

We were just on Serenade with Matt from Leicestershire England and he was very good.

I really liked Matt as well. One of my lasting memories from the cruise is Matt, standing under an umbrella at the end of the gangway with a mile-wide grin on his face, wishing everyone a pleasant day in Skagway. It was pouring rain and about 50 degrees.

We had a running joke with him about the "liquid sunshine" (his words) being the Captain's fault and the sunny days being his credit. Really nice guy.

On the Jewel of the Seas,last week, Karen Maybury announced that she will be leaving the Jewel for a vacation in about three weeks. She will move to the Voyager when it is doing Med cruises next summer. No word on who will replace her on Jewel, although she did mention that she believes that her assistant, Jennifer, is ready to take on the job of CD (she didn't indicate whether or not that would be on the Jewel, however).

I really liked Matt as well. One of my lasting memories from the cruise is Matt, standing under an umbrella at the end of the gangway with a mile-wide grin on his face, wishing everyone a pleasant day in Skagway. It was pouring rain and about 50 degrees.

We had a running joke with him about the "liquid sunshine" (his words) being the Captain's fault and the sunny days being his credit. Really nice guy.

Matt did that with us in Ketchikan where it was pelting with rain. He's also a good singer. He did the singing on the '60's night on the Hawaii leg and he was good. Also he sang at the farewell show on both legs.

The best schtick froma CD yet. I laughed till I cried especially when "Dale" judged Karioke super-star:D :D

Just after we left Port Canaveral, they had to cancel the production show due to the ship rocking (and knocking over sets behind stage!) They substituted in a last minute episode of "The Liars Club" with "Dale" as one of the participants. It was rather amusing, it seems that every word in the dictionary is "a southern term" for something or another!

:)

Theron

I was just told by RCCI that is who will be our CD on the Mariner this Dec...and was curious how she was....do you see her around alot??

We had Ken Rush on our last cruise on the Mariner...and he's a riot...great...

We had Clo on the Explorer last year. We loved her. She was everywhere making jokes. She is loads of fun. She is the best CD we have ever had and we have cruised with Ken Rush twice.

We are on Radiance b2b 3 Dec an wonder who is the cd and acd? :confused: Where is the list for all the ships now?

It hasn't been updated for a while, I'll try to get to it in the next day or so. :)

This would be a great time for anyone following this thread to report on recent CD observations!

Theron

We have experienced quite a few and I think Bill is among the best. He is always evident around the ship, very friendly, comes to the shows early and mingles with the guests, came to the Meet & Mingle (a lot of CDs do not bother to attend), has a good sense of humor without using "potty humor", etc. I think you will like him.

has a good sense of humor without using "potty humor",

Glad to hear that. A true comic/entertainer can make people laugh without descending to vulgarities. Unfortunately, people like Michael Richards don't have the talent to understand that.

Archived