Cabin 9258 Serenade Of The Seas?

My DH and I booked 9258 on the Serenade for Southern Caribbean for a B2B during the Christmas and New Year Holiday. This is our first aft cabin. We would love some feedback from anyone who has stayed in this cabin or one similar to it. We're excited about getting an aft. Photos will be a huge plus.

Thanks!!

We stayed in that cabin on the Serenade last June, our first aft and we loved it, even more so than a jr suite on the side of the ship. We liked the room and the Serenade so much that we're sailing on her again in a 7th floor aft cabin this coming June. Cant help with photos but you'll LOVE the huge balcony. The room's really no different than any other D1 Balcony room but be prepared for a heck of a long walk to the elevators, its worth every step.

Barb, I agree with your thoughts on the solarium! It would be absolutely perfect if the pool water wasnt so cold and they opened the roof. With the ice cold air condtioning and the ice cold pool I expected to see penguins.

Edited by snownyet

We are staying in this cabin for our honeymoon in early September. Definitely will take pictures for you since you will be traveling later in the year.

We originally had an E3 cabin on Deck 7 but the price has dropped over $350 so I changed to this aft cabin. We will very close to Port Canaveral and on weekends go to dinner and watch the ships pull out on Sundays.. My fiance always says how we would love an aft cabin so this is a surprise for him.

We stayed in that cabin on the Serenade last June, our first aft and we loved it, even more so than a jr suite on the side of the ship. We liked the room and the Serenade so much that we're sailing on her again in a 7th floor aft cabin this coming June. Cant help with photos but you'll LOVE the huge balcony. The room's really no different than any other D1 Balcony room but be prepared for a heck of a long walk to the elevators, its worth every step.

Barb, I agree with your thoughts on the solarium! It would be absolutely perfect if the pool water wasnt so cold and they opened the roof. With the ice cold air condtioning and the ice cold pool I expected to see penguins.

I was thinking of going on Serenade but I didn't know that the solarium is air conditioned:mad:

I was on Serenade recently and didn't find the Solarium cold at all. The sun shining thru' the glass roof kept it quite comfortable for me. The pool was too cool for me, but saw many folks in that pool, so it was OK for some.

I was thinking of going on Serenade but I didn't know that the solarium is air conditioned:mad:

DW and I did a B2B in Jan 2010. You will very much appreciate having a place on the ship which is cooler than lying out in a sub-tropical climate especially if you have come back from a sun-filled day on one of the islands.

And as the above poster mentioned there is plenty of sun area where it is warmer in there. I saw lots of people sitting in regular clothes watching the islands and water in perfect comfort. I think you should enjoy being in there and having a drink and some crepes. Not everyone wants to sit and bake by the main pool.

I did find the Solarium pool need a little more "get in over the waist" adjustment time than the main pool. Your best bet is to just walk in and go for it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by NordicPrince

We are staying in this cabin for our honeymoon in early September. Definitely will take pictures for you since you will be traveling later in the year.

We originally had an E3 cabin on Deck 7 but the price has dropped over $350 so I changed to this aft cabin. We will very close to Port Canaveral and on weekends go to dinner and watch the ships pull out on Sundays.. My fiance always says how we would love an aft cabin so this is a surprise for him.

Thank you so much. I read so many positive things about stateroom 9256 we were considering switching to it on our second lag, but I am not sure whether it's a good idea to change cabins.

Can anyone get me their opinion on this?

Thanks

DW and I did a B2B in Jan 2010. You will very much appreciate having a place on the ship which is cooler than lying out in a sub-tropical climate especially if you have come back from a sun-filled day on one of the islands.

And as the above poster mentioned there is plenty of sun area where it is warmer in there. I saw lots of people sitting in regular clothes watching the islands and water in perfect comfort. I think you should enjoy being in there and having a drink and some crepes. Not everyone wants to sit and bake by the main pool.

I did find the Solarium pool need a little more "get in over the waist" adjustment time than the main pool. Your best bet is to just walk in and go for it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well, being that we live in South Florida, we are used to the heat and really warm water, so don't want the cold! Especially my mom who gets cold very easily. And I am one who wants to sit and bake by the pool:D

trucruising- If 9256 is available and the cost is doable for you, grab it for that second week. Your current room steward will help you move, so that is not a big deal. He/she will take all that is hanging in the closet on a hotel-style carry all with a hanger bar.

trucruising- If 9256 is available and the cost is doable for you, grab it for that second week. Your current room steward will help you move, so that is not a big deal. He/she will take all that is hanging in the closet on a hotel-style carry all with a hanger bar.

I always wondered how they do that for B2Bs. I thought maybe you had to pack everything, get off the ship with everyone else and start all over again:o

Thank you so much. I look forward to you the pictures. Congrats your marriage!! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon;)

Yes, already done. Thank you so much for your input.

• 7 years later...

Here are some photos taken this January 2019 on the Jewel of the Seas.   We were in cabin 8168 - so basically the same layout.  You can see how you get a little extra room when you're on the end (port side).  I love AFT cabins - for the extra room and the wake.  I don't mind the walk at all!  Very quiet.

DSC06679.jpeg

DSC06680.jpeg

DSC06677.jpeg

Edited by crilski
  • Like 1

Trucruising, we were on the Radiance of the Seas in August for an Alaska cruise.  We were in cabin 8672 which would have been two cabins to the right of you and down one deck.  See the picture below of my sister and her husband on the deck of cabin 8670.  They look like regular balcony rooms but have great views out of the back of the ship.  Well worth the price as you have wonderful views whenever you are in your cabin.  No extra movement at all and the views.....  I think I have mentioned that already.  🙂  I would book it again in a heartbeat.  We had 2 loungers and a table on the deck.  Bring a small squeegee to help keep the glass clean for better viewing as the glass gets wet.  I used one of the small hand towels from the room to dry the top of the glass to stay dry when leaning on it.  

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATZiZmYAZC04NzFjLTY0NABjLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA01d9RK8HfBBpf1TGeb5aDcHALcUGGxHzNFPiO6fJuZUFQAAAwEMAAAAtxQYbEfM0U%2BI7p8m5lQVAAAAAyN6cJgAAAABEgAQABLe%2BRy6jGxPh25HHR0A0Awg&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019030402.09&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=PYLJc6yX70aCZAGT67Df7vBAajguq9YYZyeYbk1Q5cp6l_RT4uKLDypKdNLwCL7wORAoR8C8pEg.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.gDtZEAkYmXbYtFQDIzM8W60gZnYZ_f2uSN66SY0Xuj8-Do1vxChHuSvB3_o8uSC5pXtnTtvFdCu7wEHl3kdVJttRWCgC-aAeXONwBjzfm1wQwn8Ia4Krc-SagB7KuY7GyWedbFEgTFodj4IXJSfZ1pHgjtLfLzM5OG37k31KirjHjNlmZrVr_Sli-Rx2VMSaFTclYeZDAFDfFOyC2QwK7PnTbgCHjFEdYf2qwe6qMndTEOtCMfY9WVWmj6tOU80pGiRFTBqGG1UfgLQ25orTTUh_NAUYyeUW_WXL1jXYPFpSFKmebNF07_7YtHFM4zpuxrj07RIA8m3rTUcGgADrzQ&animation=true

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, crilski said:

Here are some photos taken this January 2019 on the Jewel of the Seas.   We were in cabin 8168 - so basically the same layout.  You can see how you get a little extra room when you're on the end (port side).  I love AFT cabins - for the extra room and the wake.  I don't mind the walk at all!  Very quiet.

DSC06679.jpeg

DSC06680.jpeg

DSC06677.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures, we have this cabin  for Bermuda in September!

The difference between 9256 and 9258 are quite different on the balcony set up.  9256 has a large, wider "wrap" style balcony and can almost see around the to side of the ship.  Minimal overhang which gets lots of open sun on it for sun seekers, and lots of light coming in through the window/slider.  9258 has a "direct wake" straight through balcony with lots of overhang above that gives a lot of shade.  Not my favorite, though many like it, ...IMHO the balcony feels like a "cave"....long and dark.  Would be a good choice if you are trying to stay out of the sun on your balcony.  

Edited by island lady