walking path from HSB to Warwick beach?

beddibi

My idea is to take a bus from the Dockyard to horseshoe beach. I'd like to visit all of the beaches between HSB & Warwick, is there a path to be able to do this? We would end at Warwick then go to the Swizzle end and then bus it back to the dockyard.

I think I saw somewhere on here that someone posted a map to be able to visit all of these beaches. Also, does anyone know how long this would take to walk it?

From the Dockyard, you would take an inbound route #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay and walk from HSB to end at Warwick. Then catch an outbound route #7 bus to get back to the Dockyard.

SBtS

Thanks!

Is the path along the beach? Or is it through the trees/vegetation?

I would like to know the answer to this one too.....it would be great to walk the "beach" all the way. Is is possible? Also what kind of time frame are we talking about from HSB to Warwick after snorkling at a couple of stops and picture taking? Our ship will only be in Bermuda for 1 1/2 days and time is important to get to see as much as possible.

You cannot walk the whole way on the beach. There are rock outcroppings that prevent doing so. Go back and look at SBtS's picture. There is a stretch along Warwick Long Bay that only shows up a bit at the top right on his picture. There are some areas through the trees but most of it is open with great views of the water.

There's really no way to say how long it would take but I would allow an hour and a half for snorkeling and pictures, maybe more. I always lose track of time when snorkeling.:)

If you have Google Earth, you can "fly" to Bermuda, then zoom in on the area.

Edited by iheartbda

I did a search on snorkeling on this board and the 2 most recommended beaches for snorkeling are Tobacco Bay which is near St George and Church Bay which is one of the South Shore beaches but is not one of the beaches in the photo I posted earlier in this thread.

TB is well protected and is good for all ages and experience levels.

CB is -

a south shore beach with good snorkeling but pretty stiff currents and a treacherous rocky bottom….. posted by CC member Paul from Maryland 2/12/11

The beach itself is quite small …….you can see some cool things by exploring the tide pools! I'd only recommend snorkeling there if you are a strong swimmer…. posted by CC member Sousak78 on 1/18/11

Here are the 3 threads from my search:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1364996

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357907

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1283299

You could also go to Snorkel Park http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000f.htm which is at the Dockyard. It is well protected and a 5 minute walk from the cruise ship if docked at the Dockyard; however, SP is a man made beach and not a fair example of the other beaches in Bermuda.

SBtS

• 3 months later...

So if I am looking at the map correctly, we would take the sandy-looking path through South shore Park to Chapin Bay, then cut up the beach to Stone Hole Bay, back to a path for Jobson's Cove and through the rocks to Warwick Long Bay. Would 6 hours be enough for a day here?

tiggrbaby asked:

...we would take the sandy-looking path through South shore Park to Chapin Bay.... YES

....then cut up the beach to Stone Hole Bay... YES

...back to a path for Jobson's Cove.... YES

...through the rocks to Warwick Long Bay... YES

...Would 6 hours be enough for a day here?...

The path distance from the northeast end of Horseshoe Bay to the southwest end of Warwick Long Bay is about .6 mile. Will you be swimming at each stop or are they photo ops? 6 hours should be more than enough depending on what you'll be doing.

SBtS

tiggrbaby asked:

...we would take the sandy-looking path through South shore Park to Chapin Bay.... YES

....then cut up the beach to Stone Hole Bay... YES

...back to a path for Jobson's Cove.... YES

...through the rocks to Warwick Long Bay... YES

...Would 6 hours be enough for a day here?...

The path distance from the northeast end of Horseshoe Bay to the southwest end of Warwick Long Bay is about .6 mile. Will you be swimming at each stop or are they photo ops? 6 hours should be more than enough depending on what you'll be doing.

SBtS

Thanks! We plan on swimming and sunning and enjoying all the beauty! And I will try to keep my photos down to a minimum rather than drive the rest of the group crazy!

If we wanted to go to Gibbs Light House, Warwick Long Beach and the Swizzle Inn - How would we do this and in what order is it best? We dock at 8Am at Kings Warf.

I would not suggest going to Swizzle Inn first.;)

Gibbs Light House is closest to Dockyard so you could take a #7 bus and go there first. It is about a 10 minute walk from the bus stop. Get on the #7 again to Warwick Long Bay, and once again, get on the #7 to the Swizzle Inn. The #7 will take you back to Dockyard.

If you do decide to reverse the order and start at the Swizzle Inn, be careful. The rum swizzles go down far too easily.:D

if we walk to Horseshoe bay does anyone know how late taxis are there waiting on a sunday? from what I get from the bus schedule they stop running early on sundays, at around 4:30?, so that wont be an option. we don't want to get stuck there, but don't want to have to rush.

Our plan is to taxi to Warick and walk to Horseshoe. :)

Hmm, that is a different strategy! I know HSB can get crowded, but if we do it this way, maybe the crowds will thin as the day goes on. How much is a taxi to Warwick?

I would not suggest going to Swizzle Inn first.;)

Gibbs Light House is closest to Dockyard so you could take a #7 bus and go there first. It is about a 10 minute walk from the bus stop. Get on the #7 again to Warwick Long Bay, and once again, get on the #7 to the Swizzle Inn. The #7 will take you back to Dockyard.

If you do decide to reverse the order and start at the Swizzle Inn, be careful. The rum swizzles go down far too easily.:D

Swizzle Inn and stagger out definitely our last stop! :D

• 1 month later...

There is a satellite photo of the beaches and the paths that connect them at post #2 of this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386806 ; I am not aware of any signs along the way. The distance from the first beach (Horseshoe Bay, in lower left corner) to the last beach (Warwick Bay, in upper right corner) is about .6 mile.

SBtS