Another cabana rental question

I just read the thread asking about when to email the concierge regarding Labadee cabana rentals. I was under the impression that you had to be in a Grand Suite or above to rent cabanas. Is this true? Will be sailing on Freedom Oct 16 but we're in a jr. suite. Would we be able to request one? Thanks for anyone who has this info.:confused:

You are correct. We just returned from a b2b on Explorer of the Seas. We were in the grand suite. You have to be in that catagory or above to get into barefoot beach club. A junior suite in not included.

The passengers in suites get first choice:) on the cabanas..then diamond plus..then diamond ..then all others. On our last two cruises, the suite passengers took all the cabanas. You can get on a waiting list I suppose.

Some people not staying in a GS or above have been jumping the gun and emailing the concierge. I know of one instance on CC where someone in lower than a GS managed to get a cabana the day they boarded. The concierge then contacted them after letting them rent one to try to get it back. My guess is an eligible passenger wanted one and the concierge never should have given the cabana to the individual. That is not the norm and as GS and above pay for the privilege of having the access to them. We are in a GS in Oct and plan to rent a cabana. I would not be happy if they weren't available because they had been promised to someone not in a GS or higher. The norm is that anyone not in a GS or higher is supposed to ask and then will be contacted after the concierge has asked the suite passengers, then D+, then D.

We have been able to get a cabana twice while not staying in a suite. That said, they are not supposed to rent these to non suite people until late in the afternoon, the day before you visit Labadee (at least that was what I was told). I put my name on a waiting list with the concierge (we are diamond, but I don't know if that made a difference). Hope that helps.

We were just on Liberty mid March.We were a family of 6 adults all C&A diamond's staying in 3 JS's..I emailed the DL concierge approx one month prior to our cruise and requested to be put on a waitlist..We got word there was going to be a cabana available the "night" before we arrived into Labadee..I don't think anything was done to suggest anyone "Jumped" the gun..GS's and above certainly had plenty of time and the opportunity to rent a cabana..lucky for us they didn't...You might be lucky too ;):D

It seems that more and more people want these cabanas and are willing to pay for them, so I'm going to make a prediction:

I bet Royal Caribbean is going to build more of them. Being only rough wood and simple carpentry, they can't cost much to build, and they could extend the area on down towards -- what's it called? Columbus beach?

I'd bet they recoup their building costs in a month of rentals, and then this is pure profit for them.

We were just on Liberty mid March.We were a family of 6 adults all C&A diamond's staying in 3 JS's..I emailed the DL concierge approx one month prior to our cruise and requested to be put on a waitlist..We got word there was going to be a cabana available the "night" before we arrived into Labadee..I don't think anything was done to suggest anyone "Jumped" the gun..GS's and above certainly had plenty of time and the opportunity to rent a cabana..lucky for us they didn't...You might be lucky too ;):D

What I was referring to is in a thread that was posted recently. Someone in a JS requested ahead of time and was given a cabana the day they boarded or the next (can't remember). The concierge then wanted it back. Yes, the concierge was wrong to have let them have it, but someone who paid for a suite wasn't able to get a cabana due to that. That's all I'm talking about. So, in that case, the opportunity wasn't there.

I'm not sure I should share this, but on Oasis two weeks I walked into the concierge lounge and booked a cabana within the first 2 hours I was on board. I made sure to mention I was NOT a suite holder and the concierge looked at me strange as if that should matter. I booked it and gave her a $10 tip. I was also able to make 2 dinner reservations and booked an excursion...far better than waiting in that endless line in the Promenade. I was offer a champagne, grabbed one for the wife and high tailed it out of there!

What I was referring to is in a thread that was posted recently. Someone in a JS requested ahead of time and was given a cabana the day they boarded or the next (can't remember). The concierge then wanted it back. Yes, the concierge was wrong to have let them have it, but someone who paid for a suite wasn't able to get a cabana due to that. That's all I'm talking about. So, in that case, the opportunity wasn't there.

That SOMEONE was me, I had 2 JSs. I'm Diamond, and we enjoyed our cabana, thank you for asking. Just shows that some people get what they want.

I rock!!!:D

As for Rahul the Concierge, I bet he'll be saying "No" to such requests from now on....;)

I'm not sure I should share this, but on Oasis two weeks I walked into the concierge lounge and booked a cabana within the first 2 hours I was on board. I made sure to mention I was NOT a suite holder and the concierge looked at me strange as if that should matter. I booked it and gave her a $10 tip. I was also able to make 2 dinner reservations and booked an excursion...far better than waiting in that endless line in the Promenade. I was offer a champagne, grabbed one for the wife and high tailed it out of there!

Really? I didn't think you could get into the concierge lounge without a gold card. Door is locked/card is your key? Oasis had champagne during the day int he lounge?

Really? I didn't think you could get into the concierge lounge without a gold card. Door is locked/card is your key? Oasis had champagne during the day int he lounge?

Door was open on the first day and they had champagne and mimosas. I feel slightly like a heel for enjoying suite benefits without an actual suite but I won't lose any sleep tonite.

That SOMEONE was me, I had 2 JSs. I'm Diamond, and we enjoyed our cabana, thank you for asking. Just shows that some people get what they want.

I rock!!!:D

As for Rahul the Concierge, I bet he'll be saying "No" to such requests from now on....;)

Sorry I missed your OP..What exactly happened? Had you contacted the DL concierge prior to boarding and were you just checking on the status of that request when you got onboard..or was that your first request? From my email we were told all along that they couldn't tell us until the night before Labadee (which they did) What did they say when things started to change? Was there any time you felt they were just going to tell you sorry or did they and if so how did you handle it? Congrats on getting your cabana (which one did you get?)..we felt very lucky indeed to get one (H5)...But do you think the error you were involved in will now change how cabanas are handled or that this concierge just made a mistake :confused:

Sorry I missed your OP..What exactly happened? Had you contacted the DL concierge prior to boarding and were you just checking on the status of that request when you got onboard..or was that your first request? From my email we were told all along that they couldn't tell us until the night before Labadee (which they did) What did they say when things started to change? Was there any time you felt they were just going to tell you sorry or did they and if so how did you handle it? Congrats on getting your cabana (which one did you get?)..we felt very lucky indeed to get one (H5)...But do you think the error you were involved in will now change how cabanas are handled or that this concierge just made a mistake :confused:

You can read about the cabana caper here:

Freedom Review w/Pics: 4/3-4/10/2011, some good, some bad, some meh. (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Read about the cabana caper here:

Freedom Review w/Pics: 4/3-4/10/2011, some good, some bad, some meh. (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Door was open on the first day and they had champagne and mimosas. I feel slightly like a heel for enjoying suite benefits without an actual suite but I won't lose any sleep tonite.

Was this the CL or the DL your talking about...What level of C&A are you? Glad it worked out for you..That first day onboard is usually confusing in the lounges..but the cabana booking when you gave them your SeaPass card or cabin # they took your request no questions asked :confused::eek:

If a suite guest has a cabana, can they share with non-suite guests?

Yes, they can share. The Cabana holds up to 6 people and if you are a guest of the suite guest they just need your name for entrance to Barefoot Beach.

We also had a Cabana, B-1 on our Freedom cruise and we loved it! It was a wonderful day all around.

Thanks just read your great review....I wasn't aware you paid for your cabana up front at the time you booked it and got paperwork (did you feel any hard feelings directed at you in the lounge after this happened?)..Since we didn't get ours until the night before we got to Labadee it didn't show up on my SeaPass card until after leaving Labadee and never got any paperwork..We were just told the cabana # where to take the "Limo" and our name would be on a list at the entrance to Barefoot Beach...

BTW: I agree you have to know when/how to ask for what you want or you won't get it and as far as the "suite" guests not getting a cabana..they had plenty of time to request it...With limited availibility it's not something you can just wait until the last minute for and expect to get one...If they just assumed they would have the opportunity to have one when it crossed their mind...You know what they say about "ASSUMING" !!!

Thanks just read your great review....I wasn't aware you paid for your cabana up front at the time you booked it and got paperwork (did you feel any hard feelings directed at you in the lounge after this happened?)..Since we didn't get ours until the night before we got to Labadee it didn't show up on my SeaPass card until after leaving Labadee and never got any paperwork..We were just told the cabana # where to take the "Limo" and our name would be on a list at the entrance to Barefoot Beach...

We were given a written confirmation in an envelope Monday morning by Rahul in the Concierge Lounge. We were sent to the Concierge Lounge (and told our Diamond key would open it) by Amit, the Diamond Concierge.

As for "hard feelings", we don't hang out in either Lounge (Concierge or Diamond) because there's nothing in either that interests us, so we never went back to either after the Monday morning when we received the confirmation. I've been Diamond for a while and this is the first time I ever even went to the lounge, and it was only to arrange the cabana. Otherwise we never would have entered.

As for Rahul, while the converastion on the phone wasn't rude, you could tell he was frustrated that I wouldn't give the cabana back...oh well, next time he shouldn't offer.

For the record, I don't understand the big deal about either Lounge, they are nothing but small rooms that contain the same food and drinks you can get elsewhere. I guess some people just like knowing they can get into some special room that other people arn't allowed to enter. Whatever. If I hadn't been insturcted to go to the lounges to get my cabana, I woulnd have never entered either, and probably never will again unless it's to get another cabana or something similar.;)

And I didn't have any further contact with Rahul because we didn't go the meeting at 10am to go to our cabana as a group, we chose to go ourselves when we felt like it, not when Rahul told us to.

I can understand why Mr. Rahul would be concerned. Let's hope he doesn't suffer any serious consequence as a result of this incident.

I don't see how he would, unless whomever wanted the cabana and didn't get it made a complaint. I didn't make a complaint, I just think Rahul handled the situation badly. I'm sure he learned from his mistake.:rolleyes:

I also think Royal is nuts not to build a ton of these cabanas and offer them to all who want them. RCCL is always looking for ways to increase profit, clearly there is a high demand from all passengers for the cabanas, or else there wouldn't be so many requests from non-suite guests. And there is more than enough space on Labadee to build as many as they want.

Archived