Upgrade Fairy

I love the upgrade fairy! We have been upgraded from a D6 to a Crown Loft Suite for our upcoming cruise!

I haven't told my husband yet. Do you think there is any way to keep it a secret until we get to the room? I think he is unlikely to notice different color seapass cards. Do the cards say suite on them?

If this was a free upgrade, may I ask you what your C&A status is? I've heard this happening a bit lately and contrary to what people have been told about the way upgrades are made, we are seeing more happening for people who are not D+ on many cruises.

Regardless, what a wonderful upgrade. You'll love it.

Congrats on your upgrade. I make all of the travel arrangements in my family, so I am sure that my husband would not notice. Are you a diamond plus member? What date are you sailing. Good luck keeping this a secret -- if it were me, I know that I would not be able to keep quiet about it. Pam

If this was a free upgrade, may I ask you what your C&A status is? I've heard this happening a bit lately and contrary to what people have been told about the way upgrades are made, we are seeing more happening for people who are not D+ on many cruises.

Regardless, what a wonderful upgrade. You'll love it.

Yes, this was a free upgrade. This will be our first sailing as D+.

The one thing I had noticed was that the upgraded happened the morning following me changing my online upgrade preference to "upgrade automatically". I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

Yes, this was a free upgrade. This will be our first sailing as D+.

The one thing I had noticed was that the upgraded happened the morning following me changing my online upgrade preference to "upgrade automatically". I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

So, did they call you or were you pleasantly surprised by logging in to the web site?

I love the upgrade fairy! We have been upgraded from a D6 to a Crown Loft Suite for our upcoming cruise!

I haven't told my husband yet. Do you think there is any way to keep it a secret until we get to the room? I think he is unlikely to notice different color seapass cards. Do the cards say suite on them?

Oasis or Allure? What sailing? I believe they are a different color, but I hope you get away with the surprise. Did you get a phone call?

Doubt that you will be able to keep it a secret until you get to the cabin since you will be checking in as a suite guest. You can protect it until then. Oh, just thought, what do the luggage tags look like? Congratulations and have a wonderful time!!!

We are on the May 14th sailing hoping for an upgrade. This will be our first cruise as diamond members! We have a oceanview booked but would love a a higher room if available! I guess I will keep the shrine to the upgrade fairy up a little longer! btw Did anyone that went on Oasis last year get some of the coke bottles in the mail from RCCL?

If he's like the rest of us, he won't notice until he steps in the room. Even then, you may have to remind him...

WOW !!! CONGRATS !!! At least you normally checkin at the preferred/suite area anyway but once you get your "gold" SeaPass card that will say "suite" on it you're surprise may be out of the bag.. Maybe he still won't notice ;)...ENJOY !!!

The luggage tag says deck 17, and the suite number. And of course, your seapass cards will be gold. They do not say suite anymore, I believe they stopped that a few years ago. I have seapass cards from 2009, 2010 and 2011. The only one that says suite was from 2009.

I was in a CL suite in March on Oasis, and all I can say is WOW! That is the most amazing room at sea. I could not believe we were on a ship.

Archived