Share a bargain/deal

Getting back to deals with P&O UK - World Cruise sectors, 4 days after I secured an Arcadia obstructed view cabin (gty) for around $5500 pp twin share, as per P&O UK website they closed that cabin category off as 'sold out' plus the $4900 inside cabins as 'sold out.' Now the cheapest cabins on our cruise are outside @ $9000 + pptws ! Out of my league. We were lucky.

So, if you see a deal and you want it - grab it. Because I certainly would not have taken the cruise for $9000 pp.

Edited by NSWP

Getting back to deals with P&O UK - World Cruise sectors, 4 days after I secured an Arcadia obstructed view cabin (gty) for around $5500 pp twin share, as per P&O UK website they closed that cabin category off as 'sold out' plus the $4900 inside cabins as 'sold out.' Now the cheapest cabins on our cruise are outside @ $9000 + pptws ! Out of my league. We were lucky.So, if you see a deal and you want it - grab it. Because I certainly would not have taken the cruise for $9000 pp.

Fully agree. If you see a good price go for it.

Could be with yours still a way off yet, TA's have snapped them up at those prices. Wait till final payment is due, then watch what happens to the price:D.

received an email today for a one day special tomorrow 21st june

Get a BONUS ON BOARD CREDIT and enjoy HALF PRICE DEPOSITS when you book a Celebrity cruise on the day of the Winter Solstice: 21 JUNE 2011!

the best price is on the Celebrity Century 12 dec 11 to NZ to Sydney

12 days $829 for over 55's

Edited by rkmw

Fully agree. If you see a good price go for it.

Could be with yours still a way off yet, TA's have snapped them up at those prices. Wait till final payment is due, then watch what happens to the price:D.

ERR, David, what are you saying? The price will go up? No mate, I already paid it in full, heh, heh.

WOW thats a great deal:)

HAL have a Mariners sale coming up on the 22nd, so I will wait and see what comes out of that.

I just got an email through from the agent, and the tips are included? Is that how HAL are doing their bookings now?

The deal I got has no OBC or any extras eg Pinacle Grill dinner.

The agent told me that the Americans aren't coming out. He also said next year will be a very good year to cruise as prices should come down for cruises out of Australia, due to the number of cruise ships.

Edited by Australian family

HAL have a Mariners sale coming up on the 22nd, so I will wait and see what comes out of that.

I just got an email through from the agent, and the tips are included? Is that how HAL are doing their bookings now?

The deal I got has no OBC or any extras eg Pinacle Grill dinner.

The agent told me that the Americans aren't coming out. He also said next year will be a very good year to cruise as prices should come down for cruises out of Australia, due to the number of cruise ships.

I have been looking at their previous sales but note that the ones that are in the school hols don't seem to be included. We have booked on the Volendam for Jan 12 and the price for that cruise has gone up since we booked :rolleyes: We are still deciding if we should proceed with the booking.

Re your last statement, is the TA recommending that you hold off booking anything until later this year? :confused:

I have been looking at their previous sales but note that the ones that are in the school hols don't seem to be included. We have booked on the Volendam for Jan 12 and the price for that cruise has gone up since we booked :rolleyes: We are still deciding if we should proceed with the booking.

Re your last statement, is the TA recommending that you hold off booking anything until later this year? :confused:

No he isn't recommending holding off this booking. He undercut another quote by just over $200.

He is saying that cruises for 2012/13 should be a good price, which is what I have been thinking. We are deciding if we should pay the deposit for this cruise or wait for the good prices next year. Obviously HAL's bookings are right down, given how cheap this christmas / New year cruise is.

Does your cruise include tips?

No he isn't recommending holding off this booking. He undercut another quote by just over $200.

He is saying that cruises for 2012/13 should be a good price, which is what I have been thinking. We are deciding if we should pay the deposit for this cruise or wait for the good prices next year. Obviously HAL's bookings are right down, given how cheap this christmas / New year cruise is.

Does your cruise include tips?

No our cruise does not include tips - it provides US$50pp OBC and we have 4 of us travelling in 2 cabins.

We have the option to cancel - we have till October to decide and at this stage, it is looking 50/50 as to whether we go.

I have seen some really great deals coming thru but most are outside school hols and we are limited to school hols :o

No our cruise does not include tips - it provides US$50pp OBC and we have 4 of us travelling in 2 cabins.

We have the option to cancel - we have till October to decide and at this stage, it is looking 50/50 as to whether we go.

I have seen some really great deals coming thru but most are outside school hols and we are limited to school hols :o

Have a look at the Christmas cruise, I got 3 good quotes.

I saw this price on another reply on this thread, and then goggled it, I also looked at HAL's website, they are giving good prices for past mariners:

New Zealand Roundtrip 16 nt Volendam 19 Dec 11 from $2229

You are lucky that you can pull out of you booking.

Edited by Australian family

Have a look at the Christmas cruise, I got 3 good quotes.

I saw this price on another reply on this thread, and then goggled it, I also looked at HAL's website, they are giving good prices for past mariners:

New Zealand Roundtrip 16 nt Volendam 19 Dec 11 from $2229

You are lucky that you can pull out of you booking.

That is interesting as that cruise was more expensive when I was doing my research....may speak to the TA again and see what he can get me - thanks for the tip :)

Dawn Princes

Auckland to Sydney

3 nights 4 September 11

End of World cruise I think?

Just opened up from an online OZ TA

Thanks for the tip Debbie.

We are seriously looking at it.

We will lose our airfares already paid but would rather travel to Sydney by sea, especially as we would be staying on Dawn for her next cruise!!! (Will save on taxi, hotel and dinner in Sydney on the 6th and have an extra 3 nights on Dawn. Does that sound like I'm trying to convince myself? Well I've succeeded. Off to the travel agent in the morning!)

Thanks again

We will lose our airfares already paid but would rather travel to Sydney by sea, especially as we would be staying on Dawn for her next cruise!!! (Will save on taxi, hotel and dinner in Sydney on the 6th and have an extra 3 nights on Dawn. Does that sound like I'm trying to convince myself? Well I've succeeded. Off to the travel agent in the morning!)

Thanks again

Hi Pete,

Tell Norma she will be able to pack an extra bag or three, and not have to worry about the airline excess. We can bring them over for you in Nov:D Or, if you don't do this, and do fly in, welcome to stay up on the coast.

Jen

Thanks again

That didn't take much convincing LOL Hey what's an airfare :p I'm sure it will be much more comfortable for Norma and yourself cruising over and you'll be nice and chillaxed to start the next leg :D

Always a pleasure to help out my cwoozing fwends :)

That didn't take much convincing LOL Hey what's an airfare :p I'm sure it will be much more comfortable for Norma and yourself cruising over and you'll be nice and chillaxed to start the next leg :D

Always a pleasure to help out my cwoozing fwends :)

All true Deb, and can always kid those getting on in Sydney that we've just done the World Cruise and thought we'd stay on for the Circumnavigation of Aussie!!!!

All true Deb, and can always kid those getting on in Sydney that we've just done the World Cruise and thought we'd stay on for the Circumnavigation of Aussie!!!!

LOL Pete. Nothing like a good BS story as an icebreaker :p Ya better getting studying the world cruise blogs then :D

Edited by Debsta

Celebrity Century 12 December 2011 Auckland to Sydney 12 nights.

A$1799 twin share Concierge Balcony including flight from AUS to Auckland, two nights accommodation, and return flight SYD to BNE or MEL.

Jilly:)

Thanks Jilly,

I saw this deal out of Sydney. However, I haven't seen it with flights out of Brisbane and return from Sydney. Is it on offer from the same company from Brisbane?

Hi Joan nice to know there's a few of us from 'downunder'...:)

It has sold out very quickly, however, I would say as it gets closer to the time there may be some availability when it's time to 'pay up'.

It's a wonderful itinerary, one we've always wanted to do.

If you go to the Grand Princess Roll Call and register your name, they have a spreadsheet for everyone if you are interested.

Jilly:)

Thanks Jilly,

Yes, I will go and register...bit busy getting ready to go the UK to join the Dawn Princes for the trip (hopefully Dover back to Sydney) but will register before we leave. Joan

Thanks Jilly,

I saw this deal out of Sydney. However, I haven't seen it with flights out of Brisbane and return from Sydney. Is it on offer from the same company from Brisbane?

I'd expect they're all using the Celebrity promo as it's easier and a good price. Celebrity's offering deals for Syd, Mel and Bne, though the MEL and BNE ones are $100 dearer - which makes sense as they have an extra flight.

I'd expect they're all using the Celebrity promo as it's easier and a good price. Celebrity's offering deals for Syd, Mel and Bne, though the MEL and BNE ones are $100 dearer - which makes sense as they have an extra flight.

Are there problems with the Celebrity Australian website?

I just can't get any information from the Celebrity site in relation to Aust/NZ cruises.

Could you please send me the link to the Celebrity site showing this promo.

Are there problems with the Celebrity Australian website?I just can't get any information from the Celebrity site in relation to Aust/NZ cruises. Could you please send me the link to the Celebrity site showing this promo.

Its working OK here, but ours comes up in NZ dollars. Just had a quick look and the grade for the cruise we booked is showing as sold out, and the next cruise looks like the fares have increased.:rolleyes:

Its working OK here, but ours comes up in NZ dollars. Just had a quick look and the grade for the cruise we booked is showing as sold out, and the next cruise looks like the fares have increased.:rolleyes:

Thanks David.

This cruise was always less expensive than cruises on either side, probably because it arrives in Sydney on Christmas Eve, which makes family travel difficult and air fares expensive.

For visitors travelling from overseas, coming all this way, I suspect Christmas/New Year cruise would be more popular.

I could book cruise only, with land content each end, but would prefer the flight, accommodation, and cruise package, at Christmas time.

Dawn Princes

Auckland to Sydney

3 nights 4 September 11

End of World cruise I think?

Just opened up from an online OZ TA

BOOKED IT!

Thanks again Deb.

great thread this!!

This means no pesky flight to Sydney for our jaunt around Aussie on Dawn, just on the way home (unless someone else comes up with a cruise Syd - Akl 5th Oct!!!!!!!!!)