Cruising in style on the Oasis....shouldn't we arrive to the port in style too?

If you get a limo for the same cost as a taxi, it makes sense. If you want to pay extra $ for the comfortable ride, it's your call. If the intent is to impress others, no one cares or will even notice.

If you get a limo for the same cost as a taxi, it makes sense. If you want to pay extra $ for the comfortable ride, it's your call. If the intent is to impress others, no one cares.

If the price is the same ...go for it. If its a special occasion, I would do the Limo just becuase its a special occasion, otherwise, public transportation is fine and most cost effective too.

I do whatever makes the most sense. If we're just going fromthe airport or hotel to the port I see no reason to go in a limo. It's typically a short ride and I'd prefer to spend the money on something more tangible. Really, no one will even notice except for those are inside it. Everyone else arriving is so busy with their own luggage etc.

Now, if you live close to port and it's a special occasion then a limo might be the way to go.

The majority of our cruises have been from NJ and NY and we have always had a limo take us and pick us up. We're flying to Florida this June to go on Oasis, I wouldnt even think of taking a limo from the hotel that morning to the port. :cool: if you live near the port, it is a wonderful luxury to noty have to lift your luggage even once. Once we're flying, that luxury is ruined! LOL

When my husband and I are going to be gone for at least a week, we have a towncar service take us to the airport. I've looked at the pricing and with airport parking fees/gas price/stress of driving, the towncar works out to a better deal. For us, it's about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport.

I don't think I would bother with a limo service from FLL to the port. It's only a 5-10 minute ride and $15 by cab. I'm not sure what the limo would cost for that same trip.

Yes, get me to the ship on time. I usually arrive very early in the morning - 9:30AM - 10:30AM, I can't wait to get on the ship. Taxi is usualy the most reliable and quickest way - to say nothing of the cheaper cost.

Marion

Take the limo / Escalade ...... why not?? Make sure you add some cold beverages :D for the ride!!

However ...... limo transporatation for after the cruise is more trouble than it's worth. The problem is, you are NOT able to tell them exactly when you are going to be off the ship. The cabs are lined up and waiting ....... just grab a cab!

Yes, get me to the ship on time. I usually arrive very early in the morning - 9:30AM - 10:30AM, I can't wait to get on the ship. Taxi is usualy the most reliable and quickest way - to say nothing of the cheaper cost.

Marion

Yes, I totally agree. Get there early and start the vacation!!!

Fancy limo for a 20 minutes ride is a waste of money. Plus no one really cares at the port. Its usually heactic when you pull up.

I'd spend the extra $$$ getting Royal treatment in Chops or another nice dining venue on the Oasis.

Now if you have plenty of $$$$ and want to make the arrival extra special ...go for it........But also if you have plenty of $$$$ you prob. own and drive a nicer car than some tired,over worked, smoke smelling, luxury limo!:)

If the price is the same ...go for it. If its a special occasion, I would do the Limo just becuase its a special occasion, otherwise, public transportation is fine and most cost effective too.

That was a minor detail I forgot to mention.....3 VERY special occasions (graduation, newlyweds, and birthday). I suppose thats reason enough.

Debating whether to arrive at the port in a taxi or Escalade limo. What's your favorite form of transportation to an embarkation port?

Don't know from your post if you live near the port and or if you will be in a hotel. If you are in a hotel, a taxi would be fine. Taxis are accustomed to going to port and truly know the drill. Don't know about a private limo company. If you live an hour or so away and don't want to have to leave your car at port, then a limo could be the way to go.

Whatever your choice, have a great time on the Oasis!

What do I care who/what you're driving. The moment I see the Oasis, my eyes would only have 1 destination.... (sure won't be your ride)

People won't notice you, all the're noticing is the Oasis, which some of us have been waiting to sail for a year!

What do I care who/what you're driving. The moment I see the Oasis, my eyes would only have 1 destination.... (sure won't be your ride)

People won't notice you, all the're noticing is the Oasis, which some of us have been waiting to sail for a year!

Now I asked 1 simple question and you had to make the conversation all about you. Read the question again... never asked if Yurita cares or if anyone else would be matching. There's always one on these boards. Now this statement IS about you....be sure to enjoy your cruise next week, cause the whole ship will be watching ;)

Debating whether to arrive at the port in a taxi or Escalade limo. What's your favorite form of transportation to an embarkation port?

I go the cheapest route, but a limo would be cool I suppose - fun for sure. I'd make it pick me up and drive around for a bit though just to get more out of it :D

I just wanted to add that we do not take private transp to impress anyone. We do it because it's what we prefer.

It normally does not cost that much more (if you really want it and do your research). Also, these drivers take much more care of our bags and luggage than the taxi drivers when placing everything in the back of the vehicle. They are friendlier and most of the time, they will show you interesting things about their city while taking you to your destination.

It's just a nice way to start your vacation off :)

Archived