"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Its is NOT a party place like Grills..............there is a band(reggae type) outside but its not real loud......its nice to sit outside or in,(better out so you watch the ships up close as they go by)

On some weekends there are live bands outside and it can get pretty loud and boisterous. The inside is always quiet and moderately expensive. We live just 20 minutes from the port and get there pretty often - even when not catching the boat ;)

Jim thanks for all you posts. We are getting on Freedom Sunday and enjoyed your updates.

Thanks!! I'll check it out. Is it more of a party type place or a nice restaurant? Not sure my parents would enjoy a party atmosphere.

It's a nice place to dine. They have an outdoor bar but it's not a big party place. We have lunch here a few times a year.

Aahhhh.....thank you, thank you, thank you. Lamb chops!! Trainman..what kinda camera do you have? It is certainly capturing every heartbeat of the ship....colors and sharpness are phenomenal.

I am using a Nikon COOLPIX S4000

It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes but a bit thinner.

It is pocket size and easy to carry around.

A Problem At Home :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got the email below from my Brother Tom who had received a call from my neighbor that my Garage Door was open...

Jim, I went up early this morning to check on your house, called the police on the way and they were there when I got there. Garage door was open but all in the garage looked to be untouched, door to the house was locked. We went in using my key, looked through all the rooms and all looked OK.

When we left we closed the garage door and unplugged it so it can’t be opened without plugging in. We left through the front door.........................

A number of times recently I have returned home to find that my garage door was open. Each time I thought I had forgotten to close the door even though I was sure I had.

When I get home I am going to call a garage door security expert and get some answers. The unit is an older Sears unit that came with the house and I am guessing that one of my neighbors has an opener that opens both his door and my door at the same time.

Unplugging the opener has solved the problem for the moment but I suspect a new, modern, more secure opener may be my next purchase.

I always back my car into the garage. I have a 2x4 screwed to the floor as a stop which works well and leaves 3" between the nose of my Corvette and the door. This gives me lots of room to unload the trunk. I have developed a habit of pulling out of the garage, hitting the door close button, and then putting on my seat belt. I then confirm in the rear view mirror that the garage door is closed.

Comments from Garage Door and Security Experts are welcome...

Jim, It must be something about St Thomas. Last month as we were pulling out on Freedom my cell rang. It was my buddy calling advising that a pipe on the hot water heater was leaking by a weird valve (2nd pressure valve required by city). Had to have him turn the water off and hot water heater off. We usually turn it off in case this happens but didn't realize it until we were on the xway to the ship.

Keep the reports coming, you are doing a great job.

It's only been a month since we were on and I miss it.

We are already planning a fall trip on Freedom. My 3 year old wants to go back and see Princess Fiona again and mentions it every morning on the way to daycare.

I am using a Nikon COOLPIX S4000

It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes but a bit thinner.

It is pocket size and easy to carry around.

Kewl! I'm in the market to purchase a pocket camera and this may be my choice. The penguin is so cute....don't you wish you could bundle them all up and take'm home? S/N: I'm addicted to your thread...don't know what I'm gonna do when its all said and done. Until then...I'm enjoying the moments!

Trainman! You reviews are so much fun! Thanks for doing this for us.

That 1st towel "animal" was "uh hem" interesting. I showed it to my DH and his eyebrows went up. He asked me " What animal is that" I said "I dont know"

I guess I could have told my DH that the animal was him. hehehe :)

So neat to see all the joy on both of y'all's faces! As many people have said already....thanks for sharing. I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of the sugar and cream from your favorite coffee spot. Just weeks ago that was a strong discussion on cc about the cream.

Jim, I am new here and booked my first ever cruise for the 19th of June on the Freedom. I just want to say thank you for all of this.

I will probably feel right at home now that you have acquainted me with the ship and all.

One question, I'm a huge shellfish lover, crab and lobster, and I have heard that one can get all they want on a cruise. I have seen your dinners and pictures of menu's and have yet to see lobster on any of them. Do they serve crab and lobster on the Freedom or is it only at the expensive restaurants that you have to pay extra for?

Again, thank you very much for this! I may do the same on my cruise as a first time cruiser! :)

For the record, Judith and I are both readers!

Carol and I tried for years to encourage her son, Calvin, to become a reader but we did not succeed.

He kept telling us he was "reading at grade level" which he was but he can't read as we can.

I worry that the lack of reading (and writing) skills in today's young people is going to hurt America's future. They can text, but not do serious business or militaryreading writing!

Here is Judith in Action!

I agree completely!

and am

I am loving your review. Thank You so Much

We are going to be on the Freedom in November, there are 23 of us and many of them are first time cruisers, I can't:) wait to experience this with them.

Trainman, I'm really loving your review and those pictures of food make me hungry; even if it's only past 8 in the morning here.

I'm glad your garage door being open wasn't what I thought it was gonna be:eek:

And if you happen to read this reply and have a chance to take a pic of the poolside movie screen (I know, silly), I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks a lot for making me feel like I'm sailing along. Can't wait to read more :D

Cindy

The pictures from Chops are making me crave steak and bearnaise - looks so good!

Think I'm going to have to make a reservation for the weekend at our local steak house!!

Loving the review Trainman - thank you for taking the time to do this!

Dinner last night looked excellent. I have never tried one of the specialty restaurants. Hope you and Judith have a wonderful day, and as always looking forward to your next update and thanks for taking us all along again!

Day 5 - Thursday - Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Another Beautiful Morning in the Eastern Caribbean CC'ers

DSCN2558.jpg

DSCN2557.jpg

DSCN2556.jpg

It is hazy and humid out there this morning!

8:00 am - Scheduled Arrival

4:30 pm - All Aboard Time

We are going ashore this morning!

Archived