"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

A Trainman-2 Sanitary Recommendation

(Don't ask me how I learned about this!)

It is best not to attempt to flush an excessive amount of RCI's World Renowned Toilet Paper at one time.

If you do, chances are your toilet will cease to function as designed!

The good news is that when we called Maintenance at 9:45 pm it only took 4 minutes for a technician to appear at our door and 9 minutes for him to restore our toilet to full functionality!

We are living vicariously through Trainman's reports ... what fun!

My wife and I will be on the Freedom in November doing this itinerary, and it feels like we're cruising right now in spirit ...

Have a fun, safe remainder of your trip, Colonel.

Michael

[quote name='Trainman-2'][B][COLOR=black]A Trainman-2 Culinary Recommendation...[/COLOR][/B]

Bring medium size Zip-Lock bags with you.

They are great for storing cookies and snacks you collect in the Café Promenade or the Windjammer.[/QUOTE]

I bring little plastic containers (the ones from lunchmeat at the grocery store) and put my cookies from the Promenade in. I take them on shore in my bag, and they don't get squished this way. Easy to wash out, and I pack other stuff in them in my luggage.

Enjoying all your beautiful pictures. We had cruised with you Jim on the Jewel, Panama Canal, and met you and Carol several times in the Diamond lounge for drinks. How's the son doing? So glad to hear things are going well for you. The Freedom is a great ship for Judith to be on her first cruise. You now have officially spoiled her! That is a very good thing though!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and keep up the great work. Just love, love, love all the pictures, especially of the islands!

[quote name='Trainman-2'][B][COLOR=#ff0000]More Windjammer Random Photos...[/COLOR][/B]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%203%20Tuesday/DSCN2445.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
I wonder what that is in the back??Looks like a congealed gel kind of thing.:eek:

[quote name='MyNameIsGermy']Umm, guess it would work just like it does in any other public place. Someone will likely come along and take it or throw it away.

-germ[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will help if you tell your kids that if they lose their cup - no more. :)

I can see how that might get expensive. Maybe some people that have kids will chime in with suggestions.

[quote name='deanswife1990'][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%201%20Sunday/DSCN2254.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone know what this place is?[/quote]

Looks like Fishlips,,(think that is the right name),,,they are always there waving as the ships leave pt.Canaveral...

[quote name='Trainman-2']The Windjammer was almost empty this morning so we both got our plates and filled them at the same time.

Judith...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%204%20Wednesday/DSCN2490.jpg[/IMG]

Jim

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%204%20Wednesday/DSCN2491.jpg[/IMG]

I tried the vegetable omelet this morning. It was dry and excessively ordinary. I don't recommend them.[/quote]

Sure, excessively ordinary compared to what is normally on your plate(s)
but to those of us with dry toast and fruit on our plate it is a flavor bomb :) Thanks for all the great pics.

[quote name='debshomespun']I bring little plastic containers (the ones from lunchmeat at the grocery store) and put my cookies from the Promenade in. [B]I take them on shore[/B] in my bag, and they don't get squished this way. [/quote]
Not to be a spoil sport, but I thought there were rules (maybe even laws?) against taking foods other than those in factory-sealed packages off the ship, no?

[quote name='deanswife1990'][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%201%20Sunday/DSCN2254.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone know what this place is?[/quote]
It's Milliken's Reef.......nice place..

[url]http://millikensreef.com/[/url]

Jim, you're killing me with your posts! But I love it!

I promised myself that I wouldn't look at CC this week, for fear that there might be a Live Thread from the Freedom. But a couple of days in, and I couldn't stand it anymore. So I broke down and looked, and wouldn't you know it? There's a Live Thread from the Freedom!

You see, we were booked and supposed to have been sailing on this very trip with you. As a matter of fact, we were to be in the room exactly two decks above yours for our annual vacation. But, OH NO! :eek: That darn thing called "responsibility" kicked in and I had to make the very, very, very difficult to decision to, (dare I say the word), cancel the cruise in favor of staying home to take care of maintenance projects that demand a chunk of the cruise money. :(:(

My body may be home painting and mending fences, but my mind has been out to sea the last few days. Finding this thread has helped (and hurt.) Mainly because I LOVE your pictures. You take pics exactly like mine from our previous cruises: scenery off the balcony, food, misc things around the ship. Love 'em!

I may not post much, but I just had to tell you Thank You for vicariously allowing me to still have my cruise this year after all. Will check back later. Back to housework now. While you are and we would have been in St. Thomas today, we'll be fixing the roof/chimney, trimming more trees, and cleaning the garage. Whoo-boy, the WOW of it all! When do I go back to work? Because this staycationing is pretty backbreaking.

PS: No, we are NOT cancelling next year!

[quote name='PH8']It's Milliken's Reef.......nice place..

[URL]http://millikensreef.com/[/URL][/quote]

Thanks!! I'll check it out. Is it more of a party type place or a nice restaurant? Not sure my parents would enjoy a party atmosphere.

[quote name='deanswife1990']Thanks!! I'll check it out. Is it more of a party type place or a nice restaurant? Not sure my parents would enjoy a party atmosphere.[/quote]

It is nice inside. I took my parents therelast year and they loved it.

Trainman! You are the Man! Awesome Awesome Live From! Heading on the Allure next week, and you are making it impossible to sleep at night. Like a 5 year old I am traveling with you vicariously and your information is great on things people encounter on a cruise. Thanks for taking the time and effort!!!

We arrived in St Thomas and the Captain carefully docked with a Disney ship aft and another ship forward. Sort of parallel parking I guess.

DSCN2499.jpg

DSCN2496.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

And of course, Senior Frog's was open and the guy on the loud speaker was yelling at the folks on the ship.

DSCN2500.jpg

DSCN2504.jpg

[quote name='deanswife1990']Thanks!! I'll check it out. Is it more of a party type place or a nice restaurant? Not sure my parents would enjoy a party atmosphere.[/quote]
Its is NOT a party place like Grills..............there is a band(reggae type) outside but its not real loud......its nice to sit outside or in,(better out so you watch the ships up close as they go by)

Growing Old Ain't For Sissies!

As we watched the passengers from three ships stream ashore, we watched where they went. It looked like at least four blocks in the hot sun to the shopping area.

After a lot of thought and discussion we decided not to get off the ship. We would have had to take our walkers and a bunch of rest breaks between the ship and the shopping area. And when we got to the shopping areas the walkers would be in the way everywhere we went.

I can't tell you how disappointing it is to be alive and well but not able to do all of the things we did years ago. :eek:

Archived