"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Tonight was the First Formal Night!

I had expected more of the MOAA people to be in dress uniform than there were. Many of them are older and for whatever reasons, wore Tuxes instead.

Perhaps after all these years (being older), the dress uniforms were a bit snug? :o I'm sure all looked great, no matter what the formalwear tonight! Cool that Judith is a former Naval Officer!

Oh, and I was thinking that the towel animal resembled something to do with a yoga pose...? :p

Enjoy your sea day tomorrow!

I have heard that. Is it still able to chill water? Not ice cold, but cool enough to be refreshing? I would like to bring a small brita pitcher with me and keep water chilled to refill my water bottle. I have heard that I can request that my room attendant remove the other stuff in the fridge.

thanks!

Try putting something in the door of the cabinet to keep it open about an inch or so...the cabinets don't provide sufficient ventilation for the fridge. Common across most lines from what I understand.

On topic...thank you very much Trainman! I love your reviews and am happy you are asea once again. I have made my wife your signature breakfast sandwich and suffice to say I'm eternally grateful for the tip!

So glad to see you at sea again, may you have smooth seas and following winds...

Jake

I shot these photos of the FREEDOM on the way back to the ship from the island.

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2358.jpg

DSCN2355.jpg

DSCN2354.jpg

Nice pictures, she is such a handsome ship. I still firmly believe that the Freedom Class is the nicest looking in the fleet.

Trainman,

Thank you for taking us along with you on your cruise.

You and Juding make a very nice couple. May you have many more cruises together.

Can't wait to see the formal pictures.

Eileen

Sorry about the misspell of Judith's name - that will teach me not to type without my reading glasses.

Eileen

This morning I gave PhotoBucket's "Bulk Up-loader" another try and it worked!

Just over 3 minutes to upload 25 photos.

I have been uploading 3 or 4 at a time because the ship's systems apparently never liked PhotoBuckets bulk up-loader. This will make it a lot easier and save a few bucks worth of Internet time at $.30/minute.

I am about to head up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Judith is still asleep but I left her some coffee on the balcony in case she wakes up.

The MOAA Convention starts this morning and we also have our Meet & Mingle this morning.

More later...

Jim

I have only been visiting CC for a month, but you are fast becoming my favorite poster :) I hope you have fun with your new love and am really looking forward to your updates, since I will be traveling FOS for my first cruise ever this Dec.

We will be on Freedom for our first cruise in Feb. So excited and looking forward to more review! :D

Another Excellent Breakfast in the Windjammer this morning...

DSCN2414.jpg

Perhaps a bit less than normal, but my Uniform shrunk a lot during the three years since I wore it last on a Formal Night. I am deeply concerned about one of the buttons popping off, shooting across the MDR, and seriously injuring an innocent diner. :eek:

Perhaps a bit less than normal, but my Uniform shrunk a lot during the three years since I wore it last on a Formal Night. I am deeply concerned about one of the buttons popping off, shooting across the MDR, and seriously injuring an innocent diner. :eek:

LOL...it happens to the best of us...although it hasn't happened to my husband yet. He still fits into clothes he wore in high school. Secretly, I've been getting rid of some of them one by one (the kids recommended that I do this because holes were starting to magically appear :eek: ). :D

We have not tried the new automatic soft drink machine but here is a photo of it...

DSCN2367.jpg

Hi Loving your review, question re the drinks machine, is this what you need the soda card for? How does it work, how do they know you have a card? Have 3 kids and not sure if I need to buy them the soda card or not? Advice appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by Trainman-2 viewpost.gif

We have not tried the new automatic soft drink machine but here is a photo of it...

DSCN2367.jpg

>>Hi Loving your review, question re the drinks machine, is this what you need the soda card for? How does it work, how do they know you have a card? Have 3 kids and not sure if I need to buy them the soda card or not? Advice appreciated. Thanks<<

When you buy your soda card on the 1st day of the cruise, you are given a cup. Inside the base, there is a RFID chip. You are allowed 1 refill for a time limit of 10 or 15 minutes. After the time expires, you can get another refill. The soda machine is on the port side on the pool deck.

Trainman...enjoying you review. :)

Trainman, thanks for the wonderful live update. We are getting on, when you are getting off this coming weekend. Can you please tell me what complimentary toiletries are in the cabin? I can't remember if lotion is provided. Thanks!

The M&M's are always fun and it is nice to meet the people you have been posting with.

I posted a number of photos of Judith and myself in our Roll Call Thread so people have been stopping us and saying "HI" since we boarded the ship.

Archived