"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Jim - I'm really looking forward to your live report. So glad you and Judith found each other to share all the special times to come. :) Judith, I hope your first cruise is wonderful and that you enjoy many more!!!

I wonder what they had for lunch in the windjammer... for Trainman i'm guessing greek salad, 2 hotdogs strategically assembled with the perfect lines of condiments and maybe a piece of honey stung chicken or 2.

For Judith - if she's like any first time cruiser who seems to think they'll never see food again that week... her plate will be overflowing with a little bit of everything and we wont be able to tell what she's got ;)

I wonder what they had for lunch in the windjammer... for Trainman i'm guessing greek salad, 2 hotdogs strategically assembled with the perfect lines of condiments and maybe a piece of honey stung chicken or 2.

For Judith - if she's like any first time cruiser who seems to think they'll never see food again that week... her plate will be overflowing with a little bit of everything and we wont be able to tell what she's got ;)

Gotta be bread pudding in there !

Trainman, bring it on :D

Now Train-Man, showing us Little Buddy is not a good idea! All of us are going to be stopping by with our kids when we get to Florida to join you on that walk! Buddy is adorable!

I am so excited for you and to read you reviews! We are boarding FOS on July 31!!!!

Posting "LIVE" from the FREEDOM tied up at the Port Canaveral Pier!

We dropped our dogs off at Pet Paradise which is a few minutes from our home. Here is a photo of the pool and play area.

DSCN2229.jpg

We had an easy drive to the port but did encounter some smoke as we departed. Most of Florida and our area especially is in a high drought status. Lots of fires!

DSCN2231.jpg

Check in at the port was disorganized! They have changed traffic flow in the parking lot again and there were many back-ups since many people had trouble figuring out where to go.

But we got in and checked it and boarded the ship in about 30 minutes.

There were no special lines for C&A Members!

Here we are at the port.

DSCN2232.jpg

Awesome.

The excitement from you is getting my cruising mind going. We leave the 26th on Explorer and this thread has really got the ole juices flowing.

Cannot wait to hear what Judith said when she first saw the ship. Probably "WOW!"

Tim

We went to the Windjammer for lunch. It was open when we got there at about 11:45 am. Judith selected a Hamburger with French Fries but she had already started by the time I returned with my selections.

DSCN2236.jpg

The Roast Beef was very good! The mashed potatoes and gravy were excellent and the vegetables were excellent. The soup, was surprisingly average. Potato and Leek has always been one of RCI's better soups.

We all know that the tastes of food are very subjective.

My ratings are:

- Excellent

- Very Good

- Average

Anything that doesn't make one of these three would be pretty poor and I will call it like I see & taste it.

There was no ice in the cabin when we arrived but this sign was there.

DSCN2242.jpg

I called and they brought a bucket of ice pretty quickly. But,it is a plastic bucket and there is no drip dray for it so I put it into a drawer so the condensation doesn't get my PC and Mouse wet.

DSCN2243.jpg

I am going to take Judith out and about for awhile. The Gala Mustard Drill is at 4:00 pm and we have a Pre-M&M at 4:15 at the Sky Bar.

More later...

There was no ice in the cabin when we arrived but this sign was there.

I called and they brought a bucket of ice pretty quickly. But,it is a plastic bucket and there is no drip dray for it so I put it into a drawer so the condensation doesn't get my PC and Mouse wet.

More later...

Trainman, set the bucket in the shower when the shower is not in use. Just set bucket in floor of bathroom when using the shower. Wrap a bath towel around the bucket and it will help keep the ice from melting as fast.

We do this with our bucket of beer. :)

Tim

Ah I was so wrong with the first meal... totally forgot about them having the carving stations set up on the first day!!

You guys look so happy - Judith has a perma-smile on her face :D

Jim,

I'm looking forward to traveling with you on the Freedom. We have never sailed it but did sail on its sister, the Independence.

I have found that ice stays better if you get them to clear out the expensive junk from the refrigerator and put the ice bucket in there (if it fits).

I'm looking forward to making use of your Allure trip in July.

Alamn

Archived