"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Here is a photo of Judith enjoying the good life on our balcony.

DSCN2269.jpg

When we were in our cabin unpacking eariler we noticed that the sun was going down. We almost missed it but we got out onto the balcony just in time to see it dip below a clear horizon.

We were watching for the "Green Flash" but we didn't see it.

Maybe tomorrow...

Great day. I hope that you are having a great time. I was on the Freedom about 3 weeks ago going west. Looking foreward toward your next live report. I have sailed on the Freedom twice and enjoyed both sailings. In fact I did a review from my last Freedom cruise.

Well have a fantastic week.

Thanks for the live report! Don't go out of your way but if you could post a couple of pictures of the new pool area and big screen I would be so excited. We will be doing the same cruise in less than two weeks, can't wait!

We bumped into our cabin attendant and told him we use a lot of ice and asked for extra ice and he brought us a second ice bucket.

DSCN2280.jpg

On our last cruise we asked the room attendant to get us a clean coffee Carafe and

always keep it full of ice (along with the an ice bucket). Just add water to the carafe

and you have pleanty of ice cold water when you want it.:D

We bumped into our cabin attendant and told him we use a lot of ice and asked for extra ice and he brought us a second ice bucket.

DSCN2280.jpg

It looks like your (literal) bucket was replaced with a proper ice bucket and tray. Did your room attendant do that automatically? also... if you get a chance to show the room fridge, I have been wondering how big it actually is. Thank you. this is Awesome!

On our last cruise we asked the room attendant to get us a clean coffee Carafe and

always keep it full of ice (along with the an ice bucket). Just add water to the carafe

and you have pleanty of ice cold water when you want it.:D

Now, that's a great tip, thanks! I always bring my refillable water bottle on board but sometimes it can be challenging filling it up quickly.

Did you just use water from the tap and then add the ice to make it really cold?

You must have slept in today Trainman Jim (which is a good thing.) Logged on to see what was for breakfast, guess I will check later. Here is hoping that you both are relaxing and enjoying your cruise!

A quick comment on ice in the cabins...

Yesterday the cabin attendants were busy loading and delivering luggage. There telephone extensions were "busy" all day.

I got the plastic bucket of ice from Room Service. They were pretty quick after I called.

The Cabin attendant set us up with the two ice buckets and the tray.

Morning Coffee on the Promenade was excellent as always.

DSCN2288.jpg

There was a thread recently complaining about condiments for the morning coffee so here are some photos.

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

DSCN2284.jpg

I posed the sweeteners for this photo but it doesn't look like it turned out well.

DSCN2293.jpg

Judith is a late sleeper as Carol was but she is so excited with everything that she is already up and out on the balcony watching the tendering and unloading activities.

We will be heading up to the Windjammer soon...

More later

Sailing out of Port Canaveral is always fun and noisy. There are a number of bar/restaurants along the channel and there is a lot of waving and yelling back and forth.

DSCN2255.jpg

We were at Fishlips!!! Here are a couple of pics of you sailing by!

340467418_Freedomcoming.jpg.bc9dd449326bd76ff82d465392ac1743.jpg

634224311_Freedomgoing.jpg.c5f2466e418c5ed3140e3b4d054eb4c5.jpg

Morning coffee at the Cafe Promenade is one of my favorite things. I love to get up early and go sit in there drinking coffee. A lot of mornings I have the place to myself. Your pictures of the Cafe & coffee reminded me of just how much I need a cruise. Sadly, my next cruise is still 7 months away...sigh...

DSCN2289.jpg

Thanks to your great review report we just had to book the Freedom yesterday and looks like we got the same location hump cabin that you have. Great view, so happy we got that cabin. :)

Judith asked me to take a photo of her enjoying the good life as a balcony snob and here she is.

DSCN2292.jpg

She looks wonderful and so relaxed, looks like she's already hooked for cruising.

Looking forward for more great pictures and review!

I'm really looking forward to reading all your updates. I've just booked to go on the Freedom of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean) literally this morning (unfortunatley we don't go until October 2012:()......but i've got well over a year's planning to do and i'm sure your thread will help me along the way!

Looking forward to reading more

Trainman -- I'm enjoying your posts. We would like to sail out of Port Canaveral again and think FOS will be the ship. We really like sailing out of this port. Not a long drive from Homosassa FL for us.

Now, that's a great tip, thanks! I always bring my refillable water bottle on board but sometimes it can be challenging filling it up quickly.

Did you just use water from the tap and then add the ice to make it really cold?

When we come back to the room, there is usually fresh ice in the bucket and carafe.

We fill up the carafe with water from the sink and presto, a cool drink at hand.

If all the ice melts in the carafe, I add ice from the ice bucket. We even keep

cold water on hand during the night as I often get thursty through the night.

Jim, who is the captain this week? Sailed FOS last week and he had to leave ship, via ambulance on the GC pier, to go to a local hospital. Last update we had was he had been stablized and was being air lifted to a hosptal in Miami for further tests. Wonder if he is back this week? He was so good as you could understand his announcements and had a great since of humor. From Vermont I think.

Archived