"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Trainman, I feel I am with you right now just reading your posts and looking at the pics. We are doing the Western itinerary in Sept. on the Freedom, and can you tell I just can't wait!!! Keep up the good work, but also both of you enjoy your cruise! Thanks so much.

Judith is a late sleeper as Carol was but she is so excited with everything that she is already up and out on the balcony watching the tendering and unloading activities.

We will be heading up to the Windjammer soon...

More later

I don't know why, but for some reason this comment is bringing tears to my eyes. :o Perhaps becuase you have found someone to share your life with, but at the same time will always remember your Carol.

Anywho....keep up the great work Trainman. We all enjoy your Live posts, but I do hope that you take the time to enjoy your vacation with Judith.

:eek:Ok, the pop in the water gave me pause! BUT is this a small kid area or would my 12 year old enjoy it too? It looks like there are older kids enjoying it. Loving the review, thanks!

The kids always seem to have fun with this pool where the water goes round and round.

DSCN2246.jpg

Several years ago Carol and I were walking by it and all of a sudden the kids were swarming out yelling "Poop in the Water!" over and over. :eek:

I don't know why, but for some reason this comment is bringing tears to my eyes. :o Perhaps becuase you have found someone to share your life with, but at the same time will always remember your Carol.

Actually things are working out well for both of us. Judith lost her husband recently too and we are able to talk about them with each other openly knowing that the past is over but still brings strong memories.

There Were TABLE HOGS Throughout the Windjammer This Morning.

We arrived about 8:30 and the place was packed! But just as we were about to head for the MDR we found a table.

This low quality photo (note the stack of beach towels) speaks for itself...

DSCN2311.jpg

Another Excellent Breakfast in the Windjammer this morning, Trainman Style!

DSCN2302.jpg

And I made a breakfast sandwich too!

Start with an English Muffin and then cover it with cream cheese

DSCN2303.jpg

Cover the cream cheese with grape jelly or jam

DSCN2304.jpg

Add 4 sausage links

DSCN2305.jpg

Assemble and Devour

DSCN2306.jpg

Another Excellent Breakfast in the Windjammer this morning, Trainman Style!

DSCN2302.jpg

And I made a breakfast sandwich too!

Start with an English Muffin and then cover it with cream cheese

DSCN2303.jpg

Cover the cream cheese with grape jelly or jam

DSCN2304.jpg

Add 4 sausage links

DSCN2305.jpg

Assemble and Devour

DSCN2306.jpg

Thanks for the play by play on the sandwich. I had actually wanted to try making this last October when we were on the Freedom, but couldn't remember what it took and the internet was entirely too slow to look it up.

Keep the posts coming!

I have been meaning for some time to comment on RCI's biscuits and gravy.

I am from the South where Biscuits and Gravy have been raised to an Art Form!

If a restaurant opened anywhere in the south featuring RCI's offering, it would be laughed out of business within a week and the cook run out of town on a rail!

RCI's Biscuits are flat and hard! I recall reading about the olden days of wooden ships and iron men and they ate something called "hardtack". Perhaps RCI is trying to emulate that? I surely don't know.

And even though the white gravy has a good flavor, until this cruise it has always contained cut sections of link sausage in stead of crumbled up bulk sausage. I am not sure what the sausage is but it may be chopped up link sausage. Links chopped fine so it is hard to tell if they were once links or not.

Anyway, RCI's Biscuits and Gravy get a solid Below Average rating!

Had you on my calendar to go along on this FOS trip.

You are a "Rock Star" to all of us CC fans and we can't wait to see your next cruise.

Does Judith know how famous you are? We will all be glad to tell her about how we all feel about you.

Can't wait for more pictures from the FOS. I know Judith will enjoy the FOS as much as we all do.

Keep the joy coming.

Julia

Trainman,

You posted a photo from your balcony and it looked just like our view from "the hump" when we did a B2B in cabin 8338 last month...is that close to where you are? Great location just off the elevator lobby and stairs. Enjoy your week!

Trainman,

You posted a photo from your balcony and it looked just like our view from "the hump" when we did a B2B in cabin 8338 last month...is that close to where you are? Great location just off the elevator lobby and stairs. Enjoy your week!

We are in 6336.

Closer to the water and the sounds of the waves...

Archived