1st Celebrity Cruise...one special tip for a newbie?

Admin

All I can add to this discussion is to enjoy your trip. There are lots of quiet places to enjoy on the ship. Love the quiet before dinner music on the way to the DR. If you get a chance early in the morning buffet, try the cinnamon rolls. They are out of this world. YUM

Admin :) I really am looking forward to hearing how you feel about Celebrity when you come back from your cruise. We were NCL suite cruisers and essentially looking for the same thing you are. We booked an Eclipse AQ for December. Our first cruise on NCL was more the traditional experience. At that time they had designated non smoking and smoking cabins. On our last cruise, we had a big issue as we are non smokers. We never smelled smoke in the room, but it had penetrated the cabinetry when we unpacked and made our clothing reek of stale smoke. Our past two cruises on NCL were freestyle. We really didn't take issue because when you are in a suite on NCL, you are pretty much secluded when it comes to your breakfast and lunch....you dine in Cagneys and for the most part it was very adult, more serene and everyone dressed; the only difference is we were paying a lot more money for the service that sounds like standard practice on Celebrity.

I have to say we are really looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in December! Thanks so much for starting this thread....I've learned a few more things as well! :)

Admin :) I really am looking forward to hearing how you feel about Celebrity when you come back from your cruise. We were NCL suite cruisers and essentially looking for the same thing you are. We booked an Eclipse AQ for December. Our first cruise on NCL was more the traditional experience. At that time they had designated non smoking and smoking cabins. On our last cruise, we had a big issue as we are non smokers. We never smelled smoke in the room, but it had penetrated the cabinetry when we unpacked and made our clothing reek of stale smoke. Our past two cruises on NCL were freestyle. We really didn't take issue because when you are in a suite on NCL, you are pretty much secluded when it comes to your breakfast and lunch....you dine in Cagneys and for the most part it was very adult, more serene and everyone dressed; the only difference is we were paying a lot more money for the service that sounds like standard practice on Celebrity.

I have to say we are really looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise in December! Thanks so much for starting this thread....I've learned a few more things as well! :)

We have done two NCL cruises, but don't do the expensive suites, and still love NCL. We are looking forward to X and something more traditional for a change.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't smoke so no issues there and I had my first martini last week and don't think I could do 5 a day! LOL But I love hearing that you can find a quiet spot. I'm 40 and do enjoy a party now and again but I'm looking for a more relaxing cruise this time. Thanks again!

From reading your other posts I think you should get it. I don't know about the Summit as we were on the Solstice and there were 2 Martini bars, the main Marini bar had the ice or frosted bar top. The other was the special martini bar called Molecular Bar where they were made by infusing air and other "heathy" ingredients. I think those cost around $10.

If you do a goggle search for the Molecular bar I am sure you can find some more info and pictures about it. In fact when you do a search you will find a lot of links showing videos on You Tube. A lot of interesting and entertaining stuff.

As stated you would need to drink about 5 a day to justify the cost but that is only one after lunch, one during the afternoon, one before and during dinner and one in the evening. You still have late night, plus all the other drinks that you may want to try. I think you can purchase the package once on board and will only be charged for the remaining days up to the last 2 days.

Admin :) I really am looking forward to hearing how you feel about Celebrity when you come back from your cruise. We were NCL suite cruisers and essentially looking for the same thing you are. We booked an Eclipse AQ for December. Our past two cruises on NCL were freestyle. We really didn't take issue because when you are in a suite on NCL, you are pretty much secluded when it comes to your breakfast and lunch....you dine in Cagneys and for the most part it was very adult, more serene and everyone dressed; the only difference is we were paying a lot more money for the service that sounds like standard practice on Celebrity.

My family and I got off the Pearl last Sunday...oh how I miss it...we were in a family villa on deck 14. So swanky! We saved for a year for that trip. But having two bedrooms, butler, concierge, private events, Cagney's, and everything else that goes with it, made it worth it. But I have heard that some of the things I've been paying extra for on NCL are included on Celebrity so for that I'm excited because I'm in probably the lowest category on Celebrity. I do really love going to dinner when I'm hungry; deciding at 5 PM the kind of food we want and going from there. But there is some comfort in the traditions associated with set dining like the staff knowing you after one day, etc. I think it's going to be a big difference to what I'm used to. After 13 cruises with NCL, I've gotten used to them.

From reading your other posts I think you should get it. I don't know about the Summit as we were on the Solstice and there were 2 Martini bars, the main Marini bar had the ice or frosted bar top. The other was the special martini bar called Molecular Bar where they were made by infusing air and other "heathy" ingredients. I think those cost around $10.

If you do a goggle search for the Molecular bar I am sure you can find some more info and pictures about it.

As stated you would need to drink about 5 a day to justify the cost but that is only one after lunch, one during the afternoon, one before and during dinner and one in the evening. You still have late night, plus all the other drinks that you may want to try. I think you can purchase the package once on board and will only be charged for the remaining days up to the last 2 days.

I looked it up today and I think it's $343 for the drink package. I'm cruising alone but with a group, if that makes sense. I'm traveling by myself but I'm meeting up with a group versus traveling with my husband and kids so it will be a more social cruise for me than it usually is. When I'm with my husband on a cruise, it's all about date night with the kids in the kids club before racing to get them for bedtime, etc. Not having those constraints this time might mean more late nights. ;)

I tried to re edit my previous post but because of the slow forum I got

locked out.

If you google celebrity molecular bar you will get a lot of info. There will be a lot of good links showing some very entertaining and interesting videos on you tube. I never seen them before and just stumbled upon them because of looking up the name of that bar for this thread. So trying to help someone is also beneficial.

I know it is hard to justify that extra amount for drinks but a few here and there do add up and it gets to where they start going down real easy plus the bartenders are very entertaining and sitting at the bar is a good way to be sociable and interact with others.

Hello, is it allowed by Celebrity to bring on board some bottles of Evian or do they have only water packages ?

Yes, you can bring on board your own non-alcoholic drinks (such as Evian, other waters, sodas, juices, etc). Just make sure that the bottle is still sealed by the manufacturer, so that the ship's inspectors can verify that the bottle has not been emptied and refilled with alcohol! You can also bring two bottles of wine (or possibly champagne?) per cabin for use in your cabin.

Re: Big Screen at the Pool... This is a Princess Cruise 'thing'. On the Grand Princess several yrs ago, there was a HUGE screen near the pool. In the afternoon they'd show 'kids appropriate' shows (Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo) and many adults enjoyed it too. It was fun when we first boarded they were showing 'Finding Nemo' and it felt very 'cruisy, beachy, whatever'. Then on NYE (which was during our cruise) they showed NYE around the world. What a great celebration! Loved it. Won't miss it on the Equinox....

Jodie

Yes, you can bring on board your own non-alcoholic drinks (such as Evian, other waters, sodas, juices, etc). Just make sure that the bottle is still sealed by the manufacturer, so that the ship's inspectors can verify that the bottle has not been emptied and refilled with alcohol! You can also bring two bottles of wine (or possibly champagne?) per cabin for use in your cabin.

thank you :)

no I will not bring other drinks on board :) : i drink only water and sometimes the ship's water is not very good.

How strick are they with this policy? On Princess you pretty much can bring as much as you want? TSA scans the carry on luggage and I have never had a problem brining 4 bottles each. Do you think we would be able to get away with 2 bottles each and do they limit the size of the bottle? We usually bring the large bottles on Princess. Actually eight bottles is too much and we usually leave 2 full bottles for the room steward. Also is wine only allowed on embaration or can you bring on a bottle from a port of call?

I'm sailing on my first Celebrity cruise on June 5th on the Summit to Bermuda. I'm excited to try a new line and I honestly have no preconceived ideas about how it will be. I have heard good and bad things about Celebrity but I hear good and bad things about every line. Are there any tips, words of wisdom, etc. you can give to a newbie that is looking forward to the cruise?

About me: I do tip, I do follow the dress code, I don't smoke and I'm a nice person. :D Thanks!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Admin: Celebrity Cruise Line is one really good cruise line. You don't have all the announcements that you do on Carnival, RCCL, NCL, or Costa. I can't believe that anyone would have anything negative to say about Celebrity Cruise Line. The food is really good, and the service is the best of any line I have been on. And that includes Cunard. You will have a very relaxed atmosphere on the ship. Anything you want and don't see it just ask.

The waffles are excellent, the Deli isn't as good as Carnival. The pastries at the coffee shop are good. The pasta bar is open late.

You should have a good time.

4774papa, we have done the partial canal on princess and it was our favorite cruise so far. we plan to tour panama city while in colon if they offer a tour since we have been on lake gatun. we're looking forward to full transit.

princess had a lecturer on ship and we attend all of them; they were highly interesting and entertaining. be sure to get up EARLY and watch the approach to the canal. Don't miss that.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Admin: Celebrity Cruise Line is one really good cruise line. You don't have all the announcements that you do on Carnival, RCCL, NCL, or Costa. I can't believe that anyone would have anything negative to say about Celebrity Cruise Line. The food is really good, and the service is the best of any line I have been on. And that includes Cunard. You will have a very relaxed atmosphere on the ship. Anything you want and don't see it just ask.

The waffles are excellent, the Deli isn't as good as Carnival. The pastries at the coffee shop are good. The pasta bar is open late.

You should have a good time.

Thanks!

Do not miss dinner in the dining room . the lamb shank with couscous and the seared tuna are amazing Do not miss those 2 dinners

Bon Voyage

Michele

I'll make note of those days. Thanks.

How strick are they with this policy? On Princess you pretty much can bring as much as you want? TSA scans the carry on luggage and I have never had a problem brining 4 bottles each. Do you think we would be able to get away with 2 bottles each and do they limit the size of the bottle? We usually bring the large bottles on Princess. Actually eight bottles is too much and we usually leave 2 full bottles for the room steward. Also is wine only allowed on embaration or can you bring on a bottle from a port of call?

Do you mean bottles of wine? If so, I don't know if they will permit big bottles. I also know you can "smuggle" an extra two if you and your cabin mate go through different security lines, each with two bottles . (I'm assuming the bottles would be in your carry-ons). The official comment on the X site is two bottles per cabin.

If you're referring to non-alcoholic beverages, I don't think there is a restriction on the number of bottles or cans.

Do you mean bottles of wine? If so, I don't know if they will permit big bottles. I also know you can "smuggle" an extra two if you and your cabin mate go through different security lines, each with two bottles . (I'm assuming the bottles would be in your carry-ons). The official comment on the X site is two bottles per cabin.

If you're referring to non-alcoholic beverages, I don't think there is a restriction on the number of bottles or cans.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was referring to bottles of wine and I was thinking about going through different security lines. I didn't know if they checked cabin numbers at the security point or not. On Princess the website states 2 bottles of wine or champagne. However, the passenger contract does not state a limite or size of a bottle. I have read on the Princess board that the few who have been flagged with more than two bottles just refer the security personnel to the copy of the passenger contract which they brought along. I have never had a problem brining wine on a Princess cruise even at a port of call. Of course it's not in the original liquor store bag it's in a beach bag.

Archived