Review of our Spring Break 2011 cruise on Carnival Liberty

PaulMedik

Oooh! love the sit n chill pic!!! Nice shot. Nice handling of id sitch too

Crewsweeper,

Thank you.

Sure beats being made to walk the plank eh?

CarnivalLiberty2011090-vi.jpg

Once inside it was nice to see that everyone had made it OK;

CarnivalLiberty2011093-vi.jpg

Bryson, Spencer, and Jake all rented Kayak's and I would love to be the one in the Parasail in this pic;

CarnivalLiberty2011153-vi.jpg

I was getting pics of the boys, but the parasailer appeared to have a fantastic view of everything;

CarnivalLiberty2011154-vi.jpg

Bryson came ashore way up the beach and I zoomed in;

CarnivalLiberty2011165-vi.jpg

We had a lively group of partiers nearby, but while they seemed to be having a great time, we never heard a peep out of them;

CarnivalLiberty2011172-vi.jpg

Crewsweeper,

Thank you.

Sure beats being made to walk the plank eh?

I

We had a lively group of partiers nearby, but while they seemed to be having a great time, we never heard a peep out of them;

CarnivalLiberty2011172-vi.jpg

wise guy!!!:cool::D

I am really enjoying another one of your great reviews! Some very good friends of ours were on the cruise with you, and in your group photo-Rick, Michele and Ricky from New York. We met them on Triumph in 2007 at our Cruise Critic gathering and have managed to get together at least once a year, including other cruises!

So excited to see the latest installment of your family's cruise vacation. Your reviews are always one of my favorites, and I was anxiously awaiting your return. We are sailing on the Liberty for the 1st time next year and can't wait!!!

When are you going next year. We are going March 31, 2012, which is an official Cruise Critic Group cruise. You ought to join me, my DH and son

Great review Paul! I look forward to your family cruise every year just for the review! :D I am sailing the Liberty next year....all girls cruise! The hotel you stayed in is gorgeous!!! It looks expensive....do you mind me asking what you paid?

Nevermind...this posted after your last set of pictures and description of the hotel.....I will check it out online myself.

When are you going next year? Cruise critic have an official group cruise that i am the leader of march 31, 2012. You ought to join me, my DH, and son. I can't wait to sail.;)

wise guy!!!

Jim,

You knew I'd get at least one of you!

When are you going next year. We are going March 31, 2012, which is an official Cruise Critic Group cruise. You ought to join me, my DH and son

Darlene,

Bon Voyage! If you don't mind though, please post elsewhere for participants.

When are you going next year? Cruise critic have an official group cruise that i am the leader of march 31, 2012. You ought to join me, my DH, and son. I can't wait to sail.

Darlene,

I realize it's an 'official' group cruise and you have to get the word out, but it makes it tough for me to keep up with questions when you post here.

The Kayakers returned from their voyage drinking libations plundered from Captain Morgan's Bar;

CarnivalLiberty2011193-vi.jpg

Britt has snorkled for years, but I believe it's safe to say he doesn't quite have the concept mastered;

CarnivalLiberty2011355-vi.jpg

I never realized until reveiwing these pics that he never has the snorkel in his mouth........

CarnivalLiberty2011357-vi.jpg

'There's never any fish to see @ Half Moon Cay.' I've read that comment many times, but if you look for them, you'll find them;

CarnivalLiberty2011362-vi.jpg

Maybe he just uses the snorkel when he's not underwater? I dunno, but I'll have to ask him;

CarnivalLiberty2011212-vi.jpg

Next summer the goatee and mustache will have to go! I'm tired of having to use goggles;

CarnivalLiberty2011374-vi.jpg

Karen's not much on snorkeling, but at least she gets out in the water;

CarnivalLiberty2011376-vi.jpg

Karen and I discovered that she literally can't go underwater;

CarnivalLiberty2011383-vi.jpg

It took about twenty tries to get an underwater pic of her. Everytime I'd take a pic she'd be back on the surface. She'll be PO'd if she ever sees that I posted this pic because it's of her aft, but it's the only pic I got of her all the way under water (She can actually swim even though it looks like she's holding on to her raft) ;

CarnivalLiberty2011384-vi.jpg

Yep, more proof that Britt doesn't have the snorkel purpose down pat;

CarnivalLiberty2011214-vi.jpg

Karen enjoying my favorite past time of floating in the Caribbean;

CarnivalLiberty2011389-vi.jpg

The weather was PERFECT;

CarnivalLiberty2011218-vi.jpg

...and ONE DAY I will go to HMC! That place is so incredible that the pics almost always seem fake!

One note, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but an occasional one of your pics will show only about half of it. Not sure why.

I'm a mom of three boys, too, so I always enjoy your perspective. Keep up the awesome work!

The view down the beach always looks crowded, but it's not really as crowded as pictures make it seem;

CarnivalLiberty2011228-vi.jpg

Most of the day the view includes many empty chairs, sail boats, Carnival Liberty, and a few people taking it all in;

CarnivalLiberty2011229-vi.jpg

Sometimes it looks like the ship is close enough to easily swim out to;

CarnivalLiberty2011249-vi.jpg

Lunch time stroll back to the picnic area;

CarnivalLiberty2011100-vi.jpg

Captain Morgan's Aft;

CarnivalLiberty2011101-vi.jpg

I'm sure it was a busy place inside, but from the outside it looked rather deserted;

CarnivalLiberty2011102-vi.jpg

...and ONE DAY I will go to HMC! That place is so incredible that the pics almost always seem fake!

One note, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but an occasional one of your pics will show only about half of it. Not sure why.

I'm a mom of three boys, too, so I always enjoy your perspective. Keep up the awesome work!

whendoweleave,

Thank you.

I think Fotki is getting a bit stretched for bandwidth at times. I checked my Fotki stats and my Liberty albums have received 14,027 hits since I began the review and 25,834MB downloaded. The same pictures on WebShots would have resulted in the same number of hits, but less than half as many MB downloaded because the pics are smaller on WebShots. Fotki is likely unhappy with me over the amount of downloaded MB, but they enjoy the hits I'm sure. If you hit refresh on your browser the half loaded pics should load all the way.

I know what you mean about the HMC pics, but when you finally go you'll realize that the pics don't really do it justice; it's much nicer than pictures can convey!

Amy,

Thank you.

I'll be sure and tell him.

Debbie,

You'll be in a few more coming up soon....if the boards allow me to post!

Cruise Critic roll calls are a great way to learn about your ship, your ports, and establish friendships. Sometimes you meet people who know people from your previous cruises and they want to get even with you for things you've said. They plan ahead and know you'll want a shot of South Beach during sail away so they have their innocent husband sit on the rail to prevent the shot;

Finally! A shot of South Beach without some vengeful CC roll call member having her family get in my way;

(In case anyone took my comments seriously about my fellow roll call members, I assure you they were all in jest)

I'll have you know I have a fantastic picture of the shot he took while blocking your shot! ;) Quite a precarious positon eh? At least I didn't push him!

IMG_0785-vi.jpg

OK, so where was everybody?

First, I watched you take this pic from my balcony, so I'm glad to see it turned out well..(no I am not a creeper..;))

Second, we went to the M&G but either we were too early or too late because no one was there.. so we missed it. :( Sorry!

CarnivalLiberty2011362-vi.jpg

I love this photo:D

It was really cool when we were in the water and you could see them coming. We would just stand still and they would part and go around you.

It happend a couple of times and you could tell when they were coming. At one point my DS went underwater to see them and after they passed one fish turned around and headed right for him and stopped for a second about a foot from his face, I thought the fish was going to kiss him:p I could see from above and it was pretty cool.

I brought my digital and video cameras ashore but forgot my underwater camera in my cabin:mad: I am now going to buy a all three in one camera fro my next cruise:D

Great review! My wife and I are taking this cruise in November.

Would you recommend getting to the port early to get a good (high number) cabana? What time did Guest Services open so you could reserve yours?

Thanks!

Great review! My wife and I are taking this cruise in November.

Would you recommend getting to the port early to get a good (high number) cabana? What time did Guest Services open so you could reserve yours?

Thanks!

We got to the terminal about 10:00 am. Checked in and got Zone 1.

I think we boarded around 11:30, after the wedding and VIP people.

Went right to the excursion desk that is right across the lobby when you get on the ship. There were about 6 or 7 cabins left, mostly low or high numbers. We picked #10 and loved it. Hopefully I can get 10 again next April:D

IMG_0785-vi.jpg

OK, so where was everybody?

First, I watched you take this pic from my balcony, so I'm glad to see it turned out well..(no I am not a creeper..;))

Second, we went to the M&G but either we were too early or too late because no one was there.. so we missed it. :( Sorry!

Same thing with us, we were either late or early and missed it.

[/color]

Same thing with us, we were either late or early and missed it.

Ditto for us and was sorry to miss most of you guys. Ran into a couple here and there (Paul at the excursion desks signing up for cabanas).

Archived