Review of our Spring Break 2011 cruise on Carnival Liberty

PaulMedik

We got to the terminal about 10:00 am. Checked in and got Zone 1.

I think we boarded around 11:30, after the wedding and VIP people.

Went right to the excursion desk that is right across the lobby when you get on the ship. There were about 6 or 7 cabins left, mostly low or high numbers. We picked #10 and loved it. Hopefully I can get 10 again next April:D

To follow up on reno3's comments, the excursion desk will be open when you get on (or shortly anyway). If you want one of the far out ones (we had 11 and 12 next to Paul's) you really need to get there quickly. Weddings won't be an issue, but VIP's know the score for getting the cabanas. I think Paul was the second person there and got 13:confused:

Ditto for us and was sorry to miss most of you guys. Ran into a couple here and there (Paul at the excursion desks signing up for cabanas).

We meet a few at the excursion desk and at HMC since our roll call had most of the cabanas:D A little corny but we should have had Mardi Gras beads or something on so we could pick each other out.

Let's go Paul!!!

What are you working or something.....:D

I get home from work, fix dinner, and then get on here hoping you've added more pictures......:D

jkjmt,

Yep, I'm working. I have three more days to go then I'll be able to post some more.

Paul keep it up you are keeping me on the edge of my seat wanting more and more..

AndrewD65,

Sit back til Wednesday.

Somebody give Paul a break...he's got several more days to "review". We're all anxiously waiting. :D:D

pacarolinagirl,

A break won't cut it; all of our charting is online and after I open the charting programs there's no way I can get two websites open with pictures....medical computers tend to be waaay low on memory. Believe it or not we use computers with 16MB of shared memory.......that's like so 1995! :eek:

Being that you have been on Liberty so many times can you tell me any tips and tricks i may need to know? This is our first cruise and we want it to be the best it can be. Also can you tell me what is the best way to book exursions? Through Carnival or elsewhere. If elsewhere, where do i start. Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give.

I just said to my husband... have you seen an update from Paul Medik? Good thing CC has a great search feature!

Patiently waiting!

BTW>>> those pics of HMC are awesome. The one place where I want to go.. our next cruise will be booked just to go there!

Catrin

Love the review! We are taking this cruise in Feb 2012.

Just found out that we are no longer going to HMC!! Sooooooo not happy!!! We are going to Nassau instead!!! This would have been our 1st time on HMC, we have done Disneys private island and loved it.

I guess they discovered that there is 2 ships there on the same day, a Hal ship. Really!!!! I saw this months ago!!

We are not happy campers! Hopefully, but doubtfully, it'll get changed back. I even have a cabana paid for! GRRRRR!

But thank you for the great review, I'll enjoy seeing the other ports when you finish the review.

PS Don't work to hard!!

What an awesome review with some great pics of your family.. Thanks for sharing.. I felt like I was on the ship with you.[/quote]

Me too....oh wait, I was on the ship with you :p

Great cruise and great review. Nice to be able to re-live it through your review :D Can't wait to get back to HMC next year.

Great review Paul:D

It is nice to relive it through your review.

We had a great times also.

We had cabana #10 and hope to get it again next April:D

Just noticed, I lost my "Sailed" countdown clock from my Liberty cruise last month:confused:

It is not in my signature anymore:confused:

We also had cabana 10 May 13 this year, we had a cute bird who was always checking out what we were doing..and the cabana was wonderful, along with the vip

We got to the terminal about 10:00 am. Checked in and got Zone 1.

I think we boarded around 11:30, after the wedding and VIP people.

Went right to the excursion desk that is right across the lobby when you get on the ship. There were about 6 or 7 cabins left, mostly low or high numbers. We picked #10 and loved it. Hopefully I can get 10 again next April:D

I thought from previous posts (not this thread) that you could book the cabanas on HMC on-line. Someone else on this thread stated that they were scheduled to go to HMC, but that their itinerary changed - they also indicated they already had a cabana paid for.

Are they booked similar to an excursion ?

I thought from previous posts (not this thread) that you could book the cabanas on HMC on-line. Someone else on this thread stated that they were scheduled to go to HMC, but that their itinerary changed - they also indicated they already had a cabana paid for.

Are they booked similar to an excursion ?

You can book the cabanas on line, but you have to choose which one you want when you get on the ship.

Archived