"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

My thoughts exactly TP.

David, if you want to read more by Radio just look at the bottom of any of his pages for links to his prior reviews, and enjoy as I do.

Rádio aprecia as suas simpáticas palavras, assim como eu Muito obrigado e desfrutar do seu cruzeiro. Meu espanhol é do Google Translate.

[This was a tip taught to me by Radio.]

hehe, thanks for the tip. And, by the way, you translated it to Portuguese. No worries, it's similar and I just love Portugal. I hope to be so lucky next week in my English exam. I won't use "crappy" there :D

I tried to post a while ago but the Connection was not there. . .let's try again.

Hello everyone. . . Days at sea are meant for 2 things (at least for me) Relaxing and exploring. During port days, I never relax or just enjoy the beauty of the ship. Today I did just that. . .

We had our Meet & Mingle this morning at Dazzles (Deck 8/9), and we had quite a crowd. I would say that there were over 100 people who came to this Cruise Critic event. I was able to meet many friendly people, and it turns out that many of them had read “LIVE” posts written by me such as this one. . . Wow. . .their comments were nice to hear !

Allure also had the Dreamworks parade, and I should try to get there early so I can get a nice view. . .I was standing about 5 rows out and holding the camera up above everyone. . Or at least I tried too. . .it didn’t work out. I heard they will have the same parade later in the week.

I went to the Port and Shopping talk for Falmouth and Cozumel in the Amber theater, and there are a lot of people who plan to go shopping in those ports. . . From the sounds of the talk, it doesn’t appear that the stores are open yet in the Falmouth Port facility. I even asked one of the advisors and was told “I don’t think they are open yet. . .I’m not sure” Hmmm. . . Not sure ? Please. . . Your Intrepid Reporter will give you the details when we get to Falmouth.

Allure of the Seas offered a wonderful 3D movie this afternoon, and it was pretty cool to watch it. I arrived 10 minutes into the movie, and it was funny that I heard snores from several people behind me. . . Ha ha . .I thought the movie was good !

We have had overcast skies this afternoon, but no rain. It has been very warm though (86F). The sun has tried to sneak through the clouds, bu that didn’t stop 100’s of people from laying out and getting a tan.

The Concierge called to let me know what Cabana I will have, and I am looking forward to it. . . I was shocked to hear that there were several Cabanas that have not been reserved yet. I have not seen it advertised anywhere on the ship (including the CL)

Here are a few pics from this afternoon. . . I will try to get a few more up after the Ice Show at 7:30. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Cruise Critic M&M at Dazzles

M22.JPG

What a great idea. . Individual Glass of Wine dispenser. . .Just slide your Sea Pass Card.

M19.JPG

A view of the Boardwalk from Deck 15

M20.JPG

I had lunch today in Central Park in the Café. . .It was enjoyable

M23.JPG

Giovanni’s has a great lunch menu. . .I must try it this week

M24.JPG

We had some pretty direct sun while I was in Central Park

M25.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

I wish they were showing this movie. . .It is one of my favorites.

Allure Trivia for those that have sailed Allure “ Where is this Poster”

M7.JPG

The “Small Wonders” are everywhere. . .You just look down into the small box to view them. . .

S58.JPG

The Fitness Center is very big. . .I should try it out. . .

S54.JPG

The Solarium was busy today

M27.JPG

The Pool Patrol were keeping a keen eye on things. . .

M28.JPG

Sunbathers were everywhere

M26.JPG

Edited by Radio

OMG,

it's my first "Radio" review and it's amazing. Having our first cruise ever on Allure in less than 2 months this thread is sooo useful and at the same time entertaining! It's the first time I see pics from inside of the terminal, checking-in, boarding... The train pics and review was so cool.

I don't usually write on reviews, in part because of my crappy English, but Radio is really worth and exception.

Congrats mate, you are the best.

David. Malaga (Spain)

Thanks for the nice comments, David. . .

There are many many more pics to come !

Radio

;);)

I will take a guess that the movie poster is outside the movie theater; or theater, second guess, will be Boardwalk. I don't recall seeing the poster on my Jan cruise; so I am guessing here. By any chance did the Capt or cruise director show up at your meet&mingle? They were at ours in Jan. Just curious.

Radio, thanks for your "live" review!!! I am truly enjoying it. We just recently returned from a cruise on Oasis (LOVED IT!!) and booked for Allure next year. I would love to know what you consider to be the major differences between the two ships! How do the decors compare? The pics you have posted are AWESOME!!!!

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!! Can't wait to "hear" what comes next!! :)

PS>When we were in Falmouth - the port was a long way from being finished. Hope they have made progress in the past few weeks!

Radio, I copied one of your pictures from a Liberty of the Seas cruise. I copied it because in it were me, my wife and a couple we were sailing with. The picture was taken on Labadee out by dragon's breath. I did not know then that you did live from reports but I sure do now. You and Trainman are the best. Enjoy your cruise.

hehe, thanks for the tip. And, by the way, you translated it to Portuguese. No worries, it's similar and I just love Portugal. I hope to be so lucky next week in my English exam. I won't use "crappy" there :D

OOOPS, sorry David, I have a friend on Facebook from Brazil and it must have been set for a message to her.

Mis más sinceras disculpas por el error. Y, mis mejores deseos en su prueba también.

And your English is much better than my Spanish or Portuguese.

Hey Dad,

Looks like you are living it up already and its only Monday!

So is Dazzles the nightclub? I love love love that wine dispenser thing. Its too funny! What are the prices for it??

Also, what is that little sink by the tables at Giovannis? Is it like a real sink or a hand sanitizer unit thing?

Enjoy your cabana in Haiti! Oh yeah, do you think you could get pics of the kid area? Just curious.

-Dana

Allure is a distant dream of mine...Explorer in 4 months!! Anyone know if we can get machine wine on the Explorer?? This is the ultimate in convenience and I would like one installed next to my desk at work!!

Thanks, Radio! Your posts are awesome!!

OK. .. Everybody know that you have to sign up for the shows on all Oasis Class ships (and soon on Freedom Class). I signed up for many shows throughout the week, so I am OK, right ? Well maybe. . . I need to remember the time of the events to actually go to the shows.

Radio - I thought I read somewhere that you can see all of your reservations on your cabin TV. Is that correct?

We will be going on Allure on June 12th and this "live with Radio" is just what we need to get the anticipation going to an even higher level. Just when I was about to have Trainman withdrawl, I get Radio........PRICELESS!!!!

Going on the June 12th cruise also-can't wait to hear Radio's report! My first ever cruise....

Hi Radio:

Love your review.

Are the cabanas in the solarium area.

What are the charges. Do you rent by day or by week.

Thanks

I believe the Cabana Radio is getting is on Labadee, not on the ship

Yes, he is going with us if he makes his resy this week on the ship!

Well If I can't be on Allure right now, at least Radio's live post takes me as close as i can. Glad we are all sailing together on the Explorer. Oasis was my favorite ship, but Explorer is a close 2nd. 3rd time on Explorer for us in November.

I'm sorta new to this site .. but is there a way I can just view RADIO's postings?

I'd love to not have to sift through all the groupie fan postings saying over and over again "thank you so very very very very very much for this ....and you made my dayyyyy ... and I can't wait for morrrrre .. blah blah" (no offense ...)

Edited by F27TW