"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Hi Radio:

Love your review.

Are the cabanas in the solarium area.

What are the charges. Do you rent by day or by week.

Thanks

There are no more Cabanas in the Solarium. . .

The Cabana charges for Labadee are $150, 175, and 200 depending on the location. . .

They are reserved for suite guests, and Diamond Plus can rent them as well.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Quick question... since the pools are so incredibely far apart, where does the band/DJ play during the day?

I will post a few pics of them to show you. . . I will try ot get some tomorrow.

Radio

;);)

Radio

You said "free I tunes cards" ??????

How does that work?

Thanks

Awesome thread----------------

I really enjoy traveling with you even if I am the one on the computer in Ohio..........and you are the one at sea :)

Safe travels

Who is current CD and will he still be sailing on June 19 ? Also, I read somewhere it is soon time for Chicago cast to change - do you know when this will happen. Thanks for pics - they have us sooooo anxious to sail. Enjoy!

Radio, Good morning! Love seeing the ship at this early hour. We are early risers as well, and I always feel like the ship is all ours when we head to the Promenade for coffee.

So, they removed the little cabanas (seating with the white covers) in the Solarium? I wondered about the durability of them, and how in the world they could keep them clean.

Have a wonderful day in Labadee. Hope you have sunny skies and blue waters!

I was able to book my Explorer cruise in November this year from the Future Cruise Consultant, and am very happy about the itinerary. . .St Thomas, San Juan, St Maartin, and Labadee. It is a good idea to book while on board because of the OBC. .

Can you still get a balcony discount with the OBC? Several years ago we booked a cruise on board but could get either the OBC or the balcony discount, not both. Has that changed?

Radio

You said "free I tunes cards" ??????

How does that work? >SNIP<

Thanks

All Starbucks offer a Free iTunes Card that will allow you to get a featured Artist song from iTunes. (They select the artist)

It changes weekly. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Good morning everyone. . .We have docked in Labadie ! We should be cleared soon for the Gangway, and I am sure that most passengers will elect to go ashore.

The weather today may not be the best. . .The skies are very overcast, and the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. It is not raining, but it looks like it could rain at any minute. The suggested forecast was warm(91F), and a chance of thundershowers. . .

I saw the Concierge this morning and she suggested that when we come ashore, to stop at the Info booth and a golf cart would take me over to Barefoot Beach. . .that is a very cool perk. (It’s really not that far though)

Here are a few pics of our arrival, and there will be many more pics later after my day in Labadee, Haiti !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We approach the pier slowly

T1.JPG

Uh oh. . . The clouds don’t look to promising

T17.JPG

The sun is trying to burn through, and it could be a pleasant day !

T21.JPG

It is kind of unusual to be in the AquaTheater and see mountains

T25A.JPG

We are almost at the Dock

T27.JPG

We made it. . . Welcome to Labadee !

T29.JPG

Edited by Radio

Enjoy your day in your cabana! We had an oceanfront cabana the last time we were in Labadee and it was wonderful! And the "island limo" (as our conceirge described it to us!) is great. They not only take you to the beach they are available all day to take you wherever you want to go on the island. A great perk and one we used several times.

WOW! :D Those photos of Allure from the hotel are AMAZING!

You should be onboard by now. So excited for you! :)

I agree, we went low end and stayed at the Rodeway Inn, which was good enough for a few hours, but we might have to try this place once.

The Check -In process is very fast. . .and very efficient

S20.JPG

The lady with the red shoulder bag is standing in the exact spot I was 23 days ago. Does that tell you how much I enjoyed my cruise, I remember where the check in counter was. Of course this was a major deal, I was ushered to this spot when I got in the "platinum and above" line for the first time ever. I need to book the cruise that will make me Emerald.

Edited by BillOh

I think that you would have to put everyone else who posts to this thread on your "ignore" list.

You can click on Radios name at the top of one of his messages and select see all of Radio's messages.

The Captains Reception was packed !

M38.JPG

One of my tips in my review is if you want to see the parade or flash mob dance, this area above the Cupcake Cupboard is a good place to stand. You are allowed up there when its not in use as it is here by the orchestra.

Who is current CD and will he still be sailing on June 19 ? Also, I read somewhere it is soon time for Chicago cast to change - do you know when this will happen. Thanks for pics - they have us sooooo anxious to sail. Enjoy!

Just off of the Allure Sunday and the current cast of Chicago leaves on June 12. You will just miss them. They were the original cast that brought the ship to Port Everglades and were great!

Ken Rush is the CD at this time but not sure when he leaves. He is not my favorite, would have rather had Allen Brooks! Although Ken gave us a shout out on his Morning Rush show on our 30th Anniversary, thanks to our daughters!!!

Also, don't miss the Captain's Log on channel 40 every day! Very informative!

Where do you rent it at?

How much is it?

Do you get to pick the beach?

THANKS!

LOVE THE PICS!

There is only one beach that has cabanas, Barefoot. Private area for suite guests. You can advise your preference; over water, water front or land. Cost varies.

Can't believe its day 3 already!

Radio do you, or anyone else know, when other ships call at Labadee or CoCo Cay, do they also use the pier, or do they still tender? We haven't been to RC private islands in over 10 years!

Hope you enjoy your day in Labadee!