"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

I remember tendering in Labadee when we were there in 1995 on the Majesty. It was a lovely beach then, some shops, some speed boats but nothing like it is now. WOW, progress!

Is Barefoot Beach only for suite and diamon plus passengers or is that only for the cabanas which by the way look heavenly.

Radio, post on!

Radio: have they put a brass plaque on a chair near starbucks for you??

Everyone should actually CRUISE with Radio as opposed to virtual cruising ...it really is a LOT of fun....right MedicKen??? we all try and keep each other out of trouble,with minimal success, but i am glad to report that none of use have been asked to leave the ship....:D:p:)

hope you're having fun........

Ha ha. . .Thanks Meg. . . Now I owe you a Frappacino !

Radio

;);)

I had not heard that. Any idea when they might start that on the Freedom Class ships?

I read that you will have to sign up when "Saturday Night Fever" starts. . . I think it is in June. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Am I rigth to assume that a D1 will be the same cabin with a larger balcony? I have one booked on the Allure for Christmas on deck 6 on the hump near the Diamond Lounge. I'll be a Diamond Plus then. :)

That is correct ! Congrats on D+ :)

Radio

;);)

I remember tendering in Labadee when we were there in 1995 on the Majesty. It was a lovely beach then, some shops, some speed boats but nothing like it is now. WOW, progress!

Is Barefoot Beach only for suite and diamon plus passengers or is that only for the cabanas which by the way look heavenly.

Radio, post on!

Barefoot Beach is for Suites ONLY. . . (Unless you have reserved a Cabana)

It appears that t hey may me building new Cabanas. . .

Radio

;);)

Wow those cabanas are now the only reason I want to visit Labadee!!! Sounds like a luxurious way to enjoy the beach!

The food, service, and beach is Free to any suite passenger (GS and above) at Barefoot Beach.

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more pics from Labadee. . . As we move on, our next stop is Falmouth Jamaica. I am really looking forward to see how things are in Falmouth.

My plans are to explore what I can and try to search out, and seek new worlds. . . Ooops. . . .wrong show.(I'm still stuck in the 80's)

My plans are to visit as many of the Port shops that I can, and walk around the city to see what is available.

I will talk to as many people until some questions get answered. . . "Where is the closest beach ? What are the Taxi Rates ? Is Car rental available ? Is there a Starbucks close by . . . . .

We are scheduled to dock at 10AM. . . See you tomorrow

Radio

There is shade and hammocks everywhere. . .

T52.JPG

This is an “H1” Cabana (up on the hill)

T40.JPG

The water is so very clear on the Beaches in Labadee.

T67.JPG

Here is the calm at Barefoot Beach. . . By 11AM there are at least 2 loungers next to every tree.

T68.JPG

There are tons of free shade cabanas on Adrenaline Beach (My guess is Over 150)

T70.JPG

They are very big, and can hold 2 loungers

T48.JPG

Edited by Radio

Thanks Radio for the great pics of Labadee, one of my favorite stops! I just love Labadee. Thanks also for the info on the cabanas. Now, I can't wait to get to Diamond+ and be able to rent one of the Cabanas. Seems like a really great deal for, especially if you have 4 or 6 people. Only 4 more cruises and we will be there, and we have 3 booked! :D :D

We are doing Oasis/Allure in Oct, then Serenade in Feb, and looking at Adventure for Feb. to complete our 4 to make us Diamond + on the next one! Woo Hoo! :D :D

Radio: have they put a brass plaque on a chair near starbucks for you??

Everyone should actually CRUISE with Radio as opposed to virtual cruising ...it really is a LOT of fun....right MedicKen??? we all try and keep each other out of trouble,with minimal success, but i am glad to report that none of use have been asked to leave the ship....:D:p:)

hope you're having fun........

I have been advised to disavow any knowledge of any "hinkey-doings" [tee hee hee]. Deb says too any men tend to "turn red" when Monica's name is mentioned. But, on a serious note COME ON DOWN and join us.

Getting more and more exctied for Oasis with every post. Have you noticed anything in the compass about FLASH MOBS? Passenger class/rehearsal? Have there been any you stumbled upon that were only crew....??

I also look forward to your view on Falmouth. I didnt think any shops were opened yet and there were only kiosks? I also look forward to prices on a JUTA cab...if you happen to notice, we're going to Iberostar Rose Hall..it should be a 15-20 minute cab ride. [there should be a marquis with prices right outside the gate]

Enjoy the rest of your night!

:);)

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ

Loving the reports and it sounds like you are having a great time! Would you be able to take a photo of the starbucks menu so we know how much to put aside for my husbands coffee fix each day! Also is there a menu board in the cafe promenade and Park cafe to see what they offer? Thanks and enjoy!

Radio, Haitian coffee really good esp if you like it strong! Rebo was Mikes fav when we lived there.

Dawn, would their coffee be similar to Dominican coffee? I found that really strong too..........I bought a bunch to take home because I liked it so much. I'm a big coffee drinker and it's strange because I like the smoothness of the Blue Mountain from Jamaica and yet I love the strong Dominican coffee too. Just don't ever give me flavored coffees.........can't drink them!! LOL

Patty

Here are a few more pics from Labadee.

T67.JPG

Thank you so much for the wonderful "live" review and for the great pictures.

May I ask which beach this is? It looks lovely- does it have any ammenities in this area?

Cheers,

Loving this review, Thanks so much! Can't wait to hear about Falmouth, will be there in November on the Freedom. So tempted to try and get a cabana in Labadee :)

Loving the review. We are booked on the Allure for next June on deck 9, Aqua Theatre Suite. Radio, I am thinking about changing my suite to deck 8 ATS. I believe deck 8 living space is a lot larger than the deck 9. If you have a chance, can you please check it out for me? Also, which side of the ship is better for the port days? Thank you Radio. You are the BEST!

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Allure of the Seas. We are 55nm from the port of Falmouth, Jamaica. We are traveling at about 20kts, and the weather is clear with very calm seas. I would have to say, that since we left Fort Lauderdale, that the seas have been very calm. . .There has been little motion, with no rolling or pitching.

I was able to have dinner again last night at the MDR, with a delightful serving of Lamb Shank. . . It was very tasty, and the waiter insisted that I finish it off with 2 servings of Warm melted chocolate cake. I agreed. . .

I want to go to Rita’s Cantina on Thursday night for the Rita’s Fiesta. The cost is only $20. For a full meal, 3 margaritas, with music, hats, and “fiesta fun”. I will do the $10pkg that includes 3 sodas instead. Rita’s Cantina will be closed during this event, as it is by reservation only. You can have dinner there any night for just $7.95.

Here are a few pics from last night, and I will post a few more of our arrival in Falmouth a little later this morning. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Showers begin yesterday just before our departure at Labadee

T75.JPG

We pull away from the Pier slowly, on our way to Falmouth

T76.JPG

Last night at dusk, I head down to the Oceanaria Aquatheater Show

T71.JPG

The Master of Ceremonies welcomes Allure of the Seas passengers to “Oceanaria”

T72.JPG

The Diamond lounge coffee was being cleaned, so I was able to get some Seattles best Coffee. . . Down in Café Promenade, it was very good !

T77.JPG

Our current location. . .

MAP21.JPG

Edited by Radio

Thank you so much for the wonderful "live" review and for the great pictures.

May I ask which beach this is? It looks lovely- does it have any ammenities in this area?

Cheers,

The beach is Barefoot Beach. . .Columbus Cove beach is very similar.

Radio

;);)

Radio,

I understand that Barefoot Beach is reserved for suites and Diamond on up members only. My husband and I are gold members. What nice beach would you recommend for us when we go to Laberdee? We are looking just to relax and maybe float on mats.

Hi Radio! Enjoying your review! One question (I'm in the middle of packing for MY Allure cruise). Do they still supply washcloths in the cabin bathroom or do I have to bring my own. I thought I read somewhere that they were not supplying them anymore:confused: Thanks!

Getting more and more exctied for Oasis with every post. Have you noticed anything in the compass about FLASH MOBS? Passenger class/rehearsal? Have there been any you stumbled upon that were only crew....??]

Enjoy the rest of your night!

:);)

While I can't vouch for the Allure... On the Navigator it was listed as "The Planning Event"

While I can't vouch for the Allure... On the Navigator it was listed as "The Planning Event"

I had gotten a copy of the Compass for the Eastern/Allure and saw MOB Dance Class listed a couple of times during the week at the Aqua Theater. Then the main event I believe took place on the Promenade on the last day....