"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Someone asked for a picture of the spiral staircase on Deck 11. . .I have found one from Deck 4 to Deck 5, and Deck 5 to Deck 6. . . . Hmmm. . .I’m still trying to locate the Deck 11 staircase. . .

You may not be able to find the spiral staircase on deck 11. From what I've read here, it's close to the public deck overlooking the aqua theater, but not visible from the deck. The staircase is down a hallway adjacent to the deck, and either the hallway or the staircase is clearly marked as "Crew Only".

Please don't get yourself in any trouble in order to satisfy my curiosity!

.....Ken Rush is the CD at this time but not sure when he leaves. He is not my favorite, would have rather had Allen Brooks! .....

Allen Brooks will be on the Oasis June 11....I'd much rather have Richard Spacey.

I'd rather have Kevin Spacey. :p

Can't believe its day 3 already!

Radio do you, or anyone else know, when other ships call at Labadee or CoCo Cay, do they also use the pier, or do they still tender? We haven't been to RC private islands in over 10 years!

Hope you enjoy your day in Labadee!

There is no tendering at Labadee any longer and there is no pier at CoCo Cay.

Radio really enjoying your live reports. How crowded did the ship feel to you? I'm in the process of researching our next cruise April 2012, trying to determine if the Oasis class ship is right for us.

Here are a few more pics, until after sailaway. . .

Radio

Starbucks is a big hit !

S23.JPG

I had to take a quick walk up on Deck 16

S32.JPG

Central Park is getting a lot of sun today

S34.JPG

The Doghouse at the Boardwalk was tasty. . .I had the Sicilian. . .It was very good !

S26.JPG

My home for the next 7 Nights / FWD/ STB

S46.JPG

I love the large table. . .

S48.JPG

Radio, what type of cabin do you have?

Hello everyone ! I just returned from a great day, at a great Port of Call. . . Within 15 minutes of my last post, the sun came up. . . I should say the sun “woke up” very strong. . . The clouds just seemed to disappear, and we had sun all day. . .

The Captain suggested that the temps would climb into the 90’s, and he was right on the money. It just started to cloud up once I came back on board(around 3PM)

I have read a lot about the Cabana Rentals on CC, and have seen conflicting reports. . . I can only explain how I was treated today, and I can tell you that it was superb.

I sent the Concierge on Allure my request for a Cabana last week (As suggested by someone who did the same) He answered me the same day and approved it. . .

The Cabana Rentals are reserved for Suite Guests, and Diamond Plus (The Concierge told me that in some cases, a Diamond member can get a rental) I asked the Concierge that with Oasis class ships, it must be a little difficult for all suite guest to reserve a Cabana. His suggestion was that there are 80 Suites, and there are usually several cabanas that would not be reserved. . .

Once you get off of the Ship, you just walk through the entrance area and you will find the Labadee Limousine (6 passenger Golf Cart) You will be driven over to Barefoot Beach (about 300yds). The Limo is great. . .It will take you anywhere you want to go on Labadee.

Inside the Cabana you will find nice Lounge chairs, A cooler filled with ice and unlimited large bottles (40oz) of water. Also included are mats, mask/snorkel, and beach towels. There is no need to take any towels with you to the cabana. . .Nice.

The Cabana are very secure. . .your attendant will watch it like a hawk. If you go for a swim, they will sweep all of the sand from your cabana and neaten all towels, and throw away any trash. It is like a room attendant for your Cabana.

There is also and expanded buffet lunch for all Barefoot Beach guests, with skewered shrimp, scallops, and fish. The salads and fruit seemed to be very fresh, and were plentiful. You will still be able to have different types of Labadee food (burgers, chicken, ribs, hot dogs, corn etc. . . The serving area is just inside Barefoot beach, and I watched the Attendant delivering trays of food to east for some cabana passengers. You can order any drinks from him as well. He seemed very pleased with a “Green Thank You” Note, that I gave him before I left. I will try to reserve a Cabana now on every cruise that goes to Labadee.

I didn’t use the Dragons Tail coaster this time, and I guess I just was happy to be on a beach and just relax. I did walk around a bit to check out the Artisans Market, and Local Haitian vendors. I walked over to see the dancers, and “Fire” Eater. . . There was a lot of Audience participation that was fun.

As I looked at the beach, the “Survivor” Theme song danced in my head. . .but just for 2 seconds. . .The Survivors did not have as good of a time as I had today !

As I sit on my Balcony writing this post, I can see thunderstorms in the hills above Labadee. . . as the rain begins to fall. . . Perfect timing. What a great day !

Here are some pics from today. . .I have so many, but I will post a few today. I will post more throughout the week.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Welcome to Labadee !

T31.JPG

Hey is that blue skies above the beautiful Allure of the Seas

T33.JPG

I arrive at Barefoot beach Club

T54.JPG

My Cabana (S2)

T36.JPG

I might have dozed off in here. . .Oooops

T38.JPG

There is a ceiling fan and electrical outlet in each Cabana (This is nice for charging up iPads!)

T39.JPG

Here are a few more. . . I will try to get more up tonight. . .

Radio

We enjoyed blue skies all day. . .

T50.JPG

The crowd loved it when the passengers performed

T53.JPG

I didn’t know they made Coffee in Haiti. . .I was afraid to buy it. I will wait until tomorrow to get some Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica

T42.JPG

This was the area near Dragons Breath Pub

T63.JPG

The local musicians were great. . .

T56.JPG

I am now back to my “Home”, the Allure of the Seas

T35.JPG

Edited by Radio

We traveled with some Diamond members last year on the Freedom and they got us a cabana..it was the most wonderful experience ever! I highly recommend it if you can do it!! They treat you like royalty:)

If you get a cabana in Labadee, how many "friends" can you invite in, and do they have to be diamond, diamond plus or suite guests to access barefoot beach? We are almost Diamond Plus members, just another perk to look forward to! :D :D

I belive the answer was 6 maximum per Cabana. . . You can invite anyone with you. .Just tell the Concierge their Names and Cabin #.

I invited my brother and his wife. . .

Radio

;);)

Here is a map of Labadee, and Barefoot Beach with Cabana pricing.

Radio

;);)

Barefoot Beach Map w/Cabana Map

LABCAB2.jpg

Map of Labadee

LAB2.JPG

Radio:

Thanks for the great posts. Based on your experience today, I can't wait to get back to Labadee (which I love already) and try one of those Cabanas.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise (like you won't):D

Radio:

Thanks for the great posts. Based on your experience today, I can't wait to get back to Labadee (which I love already) and try one of those Cabanas.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise (like you won't):D

Thanks for the nice comments.:)

Radio

;);)

OK. .. Everybody know that you have to sign up for the shows on all Oasis Class ships (and soon on Freedom Class). I signed up for many shows throughout the week, so I am OK, right ? Well maybe. . . I need to remember the time of the events to actually go to the shows.

I had not heard that. Any idea when they might start that on the Freedom Class ships?

I am in a D8 Cabin on Deck 6 FWD / STB

Radio

;);)

Am I rigth to assume that a D1 will be the same cabin with a larger balcony? I have one booked on the Allure for Christmas on deck 6 on the hump near the Diamond Lounge. I'll be a Diamond Plus then. :)

Radio: have they put a brass plaque on a chair near starbucks for you??

Everyone should actually CRUISE with Radio as opposed to virtual cruising ...it really is a LOT of fun....right MedicKen??? we all try and keep each other out of trouble,with minimal success, but i am glad to report that none of use have been asked to leave the ship....:D:p:)

hope you're having fun........

....I was able to check in to my room at Hyatt Pier 66, and I am in a Inter Coastal Waterway Room which is very nice. I keep coming back here even though it is a little pricey. The views, grounds, and the room quality keeps me coming back to a Fort Lauderdale Landmark.

Radio,

My DW and I are also staying at the Hyatt later this year pre-Allure. Thanks for the photos... Looking forward to your cruise travelog...

Regards,

RA