"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Hello everyone. . .

Here are a couple of pics from Sail away. . . I have to get to a show. . .(actually 2 shows) Today is a very long day (But fun!)

Thanks for tuning in. . . I will =try= to get more in tonight. . .

Radio

We have blue skies and blue seas ahead. . .

S72.JPG

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE!!

I never seem to get any curvature in my pictures like this! How do you do that or am I just unlucky!

Radio, always love to follow your thread. I wish you smoothe seas, calm winds, great food, much relaxation, and cold drinks!

God bless!

Thanks for your efforts!

Going by your countdown clock, you will be in Cozumel on 1/10/12 and you will dock at the International pier. This is the pier that RCI uses. You will be in port with three other ships. I use Cruisecal.com to obtain my information of what ships will be in port. It does not give you the pier information though.

Thanks for the info! I thought RCI uses 2 piers? On the Rhapsody. we were docked at the pier (forgot the name) that is

directly across the street from all the downtown shopping. No cab necessary. VERY convenient :D

Well, this is just wrong.....

We returned from the cruise THIS MORNING.

And the first thing I've checked on the Internet was Radio's live review!:D Before my e-mails!:eek: I know, I know...

In any case I am "onboard" once again!:D

Thank you for taking us on another cruise with you!

S72.JPG

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE!!

I never seem to get any curvature in my pictures like this! How do you do that or am I just unlucky!

Radio, always love to follow your thread. I wish you smoothe seas, calm winds, great food, much relaxation, and cold drinks!

God bless!

Thanks for your efforts!

The curvature seen in this picture is caused by the very wide angle lens used. It's generally considered to be an undesirable effect of the wider-angle lenses required to capture a broad landscape.

The fact that you don't see this in your pictures is probably because your lenses are not designed for the wide angles needed for such a view.

Generally, the very low focal length (wide angle) lenses get more expensive the "wider" they get, especially with good quality lenses.

I know Radio uses a couple different cameras, but I don't recall which models they are off the top of my head, nor would we know which one he used for this shot, until he tells us. :)

Theron

Edited by TPKeller

Well, this is just wrong.....

We returned from the cruise THIS MORNING.

And the first thing I've checked on the Internet was Radio's live review!:D Before my e-mails!:eek: I know, I know...

In any case I am "onboard" once again!:D

Thank you for taking us on another cruise with you!

Were they showing the lightning/bruins game at 1:30 yesterday?

Looking forward in 8 hours to meeting Radio at the M & M.

Last week on the Eastern run was great, this week should also be great.

Mosaic is the headliner group.

I won't be posting pics live but will try to put up albums when we get off the ship. DW and I took over 1,000 pictures last week and are loading them onto the Netbook.

Slo and screwy internet prevented me from posting to this roll call thread most of last week, it seeme to have improved now.

I know Radio uses a couple different cameras, but I don't recall which models they are off the top of my head, nor would we know which one he used for this shot, until he tells us. :)

For that picture he used a Sony DSC-H10 at 6,3 mm focal length. Aperture 8,0 and shutter speed 1/320 sec. :cool:

I was fortunate to meet up with Cruise Critic members Patti (welove2cruisedou) and Chet (Chet the Jet) !

S69.JPG

Ah, those two guys are looking familiar :D!! Hi Patti and Chet!!

Thanks for posting, Radio!! Have a great time alltogether!!

steamboats

The curvature seen in this picture is caused by the very wide angle lens used. It's generally considered to be an undesirable effect of the wider-angle lenses required to capture a broad landscape.

The fact that you don't see this in your pictures is probably because your lenses are not designed for the wide angles needed for such a view.

Generally, the very low focal length (wide angle) lenses get more expensive the "wider" they get, especially with good quality lenses.

Theron

Hey, thanks for the note as I had considered it a lens kind of thing as it was rather a dramatic curve effect, but still looked cool to me.

Thanks Radio for taking us all on your trip with you again. Between you and Trainmain it makes it easier to not have any cruises booked for this year. Looking forward to the rest of your trip!

Hello everyone. . .

Here are a couple of pics from Sail away. . . I have to get to a show. . .(actually 2 shows) Today is a very long day (But fun!)

Thanks for tuning in. . . I will =try= to get more in tonight. . .

Radio

We won’t see Terminal 18 until next Sunday. . .

leave Fort Lauderdale in our wake. . .

I remember being on Oasis and thinking how much nicer it is pulling away from Terminal 18 and watching Ft. Lauderdale disappear than it is watching Ft. Lauderdale get closer and then pulling up to Terminal 18.;)

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Day 2 of “LIVE” from Allure of the Seas.

We Fort Lauderdale promptly at 5PM, and we headed down through the Bahamas channel. . . We will traveling along the coast of Cuba for most of the day. We are currently in a thundershower, but I am hoping that will clear up when the sun comes up.

My muster drill was in the Comedy Club on Deck 4. I want to try to get to the Comedy Club this time, since I missed it last Cruise on Oasis in January.(and last night)

OK. .. Everybody know that you have to sign up for the shows on all Oasis Class ships (and soon on Freedom Class). I signed up for many shows throughout the week, so I am OK, right ? Well maybe. . . I need to remember the time of the events to actually go to the shows.

Argh. . . I signed up for and Comedy Show at 8PP, and Ocean Aria Aqua Show at 9PM. Oh well. . Maybe I should carry around my Cruise Compass. . . Hmmm. . .you would think that this is my first Cruise.

I did go to Chicago in the Amber Theater, and it was amazing. . .It is a little long for me though at 90minutes, but I think you will enjoy it. It has a great storyline, and very good music.

Today there will be a lot to do. We have our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle at 10:30, and the Port and Shopping Show for Falmouth at Noon. I want to get to Ice Games in Studio B this afternoon, and I will try to reserve Ocean Aria again for tonight.

I also have a meeting with the Future Cruise Consultant at 5 so I can book my next Cruise. Tonight is Formal Night, and I will try to make it to the MDR tonight. I grabbed a quick bite up in the Windjammer last night.

Here are a few pics from last night, and early this morning. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

My Home for a week ( A view from the Balcony)

S26A.JPG

You don’t have to yell, I can hear you ! ! (In Central park)

S25.JPG

I may be spending a lot of time in the Aqua Theater

S31.JPG

The sun sets over Miami for our first night

S75.JPG

Chicago in the Amber Theater

S77.JPG

The theater will be packed before the show begins

S78.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The Royal Promenade is very quiet this morning

M4.JPG

I think I am the only one awake at 430AM. . .but Café Promenade is open !

M11.JPG

I love the Concierge Lounge on Deck 11

M14.JPG

The CL is open 24/7 but the Concierge will arrive at 7AM

M15.JPG

Even the passageways are beautiful on Allure

M8.JPG

Here is our position. .

MAP4.JPG

Edited by Radio

Looking forward in 8 hours to meeting Radio at the M & M.

Last week on the Eastern run was great, this week should also be great.

Mosaic is the headliner group.

I won't be posting pics live but will try to put up albums when we get off the ship. DW and I took over 1,000 pictures last week and are loading them onto the Netbook.

Slo and screwy internet prevented me from posting to this roll call thread most of last week, it seeme to have improved now.

You are very lucky to have Mosaic as your headliner! We saw them on Navigator in Feb and they are amazing!!! :D I was hoping we would have them on the June 5th sailing of Allure. Maybe they will stay on till then ;)