Trading in a soda card

m steve

for a drink card. My TA package for a cruise incl. 2 $50 soda cards. Since we don't drink sodas, I wonder if you can switch it for a regular drink card in the same amount?
The soda cards have a face value of $50, but sell for just $25 each, so you may be able to trade the two for one $50 bev card. Or just turn them in for credit and buy your own bev card for $45.

I don't see why not. Turn it in for your obc and then buy a beverage card. One thing- the soda cards are at a 50% discount - so a $50 dollar soda card is $25 - and that will be what is reflected in your obc.;)

Mind you, there is also a discount on the beverage cards (not as big), but still a savings.

Have a great cruise and a great time:)

You can certainly try but I would be pleasantly surprised if they did it, not that they shouldn't but it might be hard to find someone willing to make the decision. Maybe the purser would be a good place to try?

Kirk

You can certainly try but I would be pleasantly surprised if they did it, not that they shouldn't but it might be hard to find someone willing to make the decision. Maybe the purser would be a good place to try?

Kirk

Really? I know that the beverage card that is unused can be turned in for an obc or refund if so desired - the same can't be done with the soda card?

Just asking.

I'm new to HAL - where do you get the soda cards?
Any bar or dining room, or bar waiter, or HAL online (Log In, Book Indulgences, Beverages). If you order on line say "at sea delivery" to avoid ant possible state sales tax, and most likely the card will be in your cabin when you board.

We just had that experience for the first time. What happened is that a $50.00 OBC was placed on our account. Then on the second day of the cruise, a gift envelope showed up in our cabin mail with two soda cards. Our names were imprinted as was the name of our TA.

When we went to use on for the first time, they asked for our cabin key card so they could activate the card. Once that happened, we were stuck with it. We don't drink that much soda, so we made friends and gave the other card away after getting it activated.

The point I want to make, is if you want to make the trade, take the matter right to the front desk before you use it. Apparantly they don't touch that $50.00 OBC until you activate the gift card.

Really? I know that the beverage card that is unused can be turned in for an obc or refund if so desired - the same can't be done with the soda card?

Just asking.

Kazu -

Yes, you can do this with the soda card, but since the value of it is really 25, if you spent say 20 bucks on soda, you'll only receive 5 dollars back, not 30.

Same with the drink card, if you drank say 30 of the 50, you'd get 15 back as it is the actual value of the card. It was really confusing to me at first, but I think after living the experience once, I understand it LOL

Kazu -

Yes, you can do this with the soda card, but since the value of it is really 25, if you spent say 20 bucks on soda, you'll only receive 5 dollars back, not 30.

Same with the drink card, if you drank say 30 of the 50, you'd get 15 back as it is the actual value of the card. It was really confusing to me at first, but I think after living the experience once, I understand it LOL

If you order on line say "at sea delivery" to avoid ant possible state sales tax, and most likely the card will be in your cabin when you board.

The price is no different whether you specify at sea delivery, or in cabin delivery. Whichever you choose, the card will be in your cabin on embarkation.

There were two soda cards in our room when we boarded the Noordam instead of just the one I thought I had ordered. So I took the extra one down to the front desk and traded it in for the $25 credit. My son used up the other soda card by the end of the 10 day cruise and so we definitely felt it was a good value. I just wish they had root beer on board because we are leaving Sunday for another cruise and my younger son can't drink caffeinated sodas. Does anyone know of any decaffeinated sodas that are available on board?

Diane

Does anyone know of any decaffeinated sodas that are available on board?

I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and believe the sugar version of Caffeine Free Coke is also available.

Archived