Just Returned From Cruise on Statendam

OceanQueen

This was our first HAL cruise and I hope it won't be our last. We did the 14 day Panama Canal cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our stateroom was roomy and the bed was so comfortable. Our steward went beyond the call of duty for us. No complaints there. It was the most relaxing cruise my DH and I have taken. The activities were just right. Lots of fun around the pool but low key. The Cruise Director was Anthony Choice and he was fantastic. Always around the ship and encouraging everyone to have fun. He participated in most of the activities. We almost felt like we had met a new friend. We had never had a CD on our previous cruises who was so outgoing and friendly. The food was great. No complaints there and unfortunately we never missed a meal! The nightly entertainment was very good. Sometimes you hear cruise ship entertainers put down but these people had plenty of talent. We enjoyed all of the shows. The piano bar was crowded every night with the entertainer Stryker performing. What a gifted pianist he is. The Statendam did herself proud for us. We had a wonderful vacation.:)

Thanks for posting!!

Just a thought--these cruise directors do practically the same thing cruise after cruise after cruise. It is great when one is still bubbly and having fun. He enjoys his job!

I have to admit I am getting tired of the last day joke that concerns where the crew sleeps at night!

Thank you for writing your Statendam review! I am really happy to hear how much you enjoyed yourself. We were on the lovely and elegant Statendam last December for the Holidays for 28 days through the Canal. We enjoyed every bit of it.

Was your captain Captain Frans? He tops the list of Captains for all the cruises we have been on. He seems to enjoy interacting with the crew and the cruisers and has a great personality. We hope to cruise with him again!

We did that cruise back in january and had a wonderful time.Anthony was on our first 14 days ,than we had a new cruise director that didn't match up too Anthony. Loved the panio bar and everything about the ship.Wonderful cruise

Archived