All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

That's the thing. I'm hearing that recently others who have sailed on Explorer just placed a case of water with their checked bags. Out in the open the porter slapped a cabin sticker on it and it was delivered to their cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've had factory wrapped cases of Poland Spring water delivered to our cabin when cruising on the Explorer from Bayonne. The first three times we just reinforced the case with packing tape and taped on a luggage tag. The last two times we bought a cheap duffel bag, tagged it and dropped it off with our luggage. It was delivered each time. We even had a case of water delivered to our cabin from Port Canaveral, this past January when we cruise on the Freedom.

The case needs to be factory sealed (shrink wrapped). If there is any sign of tampering, all bets are off.

Eric

Can someone please tell me what time the Shows are in the evenings. Need to know for booking MTD.

Many thanks

You are best booking MTD times at the same or similar times as the traditional dining, as the shows are based around those dinner times. If there is just one showtime, it is usually at 7:30/7:45 or 10:30/10:45. Other times there is a 9 p.m. for the people with early seating. If you do dinner in between early and late seating (e.g., 7:00 p.m.), you will likely end up missing all the shows except for the post-late-seating ones.

Can someone please tell me what time the Shows are in the evenings. Need to know for booking MTD.

Many thanks

We were on Explorer this past April and the show times were as posted above. Also, traditional dining times are 6pm and 8:30pm.

Edited by clarea

Looking to book the 11/1/14 repo on Explorer, but can't decide on D1 location. Opinions?

Close to the aft elevators. There at two E2 hump balconies currently available on deck 7 which I'd take over a poorly located D1 or D3 balcony.

Sailing on the August 22 nine night cruise. Wondering if anybody can post pics of any recent MDR dinner Menus. Thanks!

I'll take a pic of the one at dinner tonight -- (tonight's looks awesome, actually). My general impression is that the MDR food is hit or miss -- but they'll let you order as much as you want, so you could just sample the stuff and eat what you like.

I'll take a pic of the one at dinner tonight -- (tonight's looks awesome, actually). My general impression is that the MDR food is hit or miss -- but they'll let you order as much as you want, so you could just sample the stuff and eat what you like.

That would be great. Thanks!

I have always booked an inside room. My 2 DS and I are cruising one year from today :D and have upgraded to a Family Ocean View (8214) I was wondering if anyone had photos of this type room. I have not found anything other thank Royals standard photo. Thank you in advance!

I don't remember times but we had 6pm dinner each night and managed to make each show and fun thing without a hitch! They did change the ice skating show times, they assigned it to you instead of waiting for tickets. If you care to change your time just get there early snd they will do their best to get you in! Have fun! I wish I was back on board! Great ship and crew!

The list does not have Pina Coladas on it or the price of a rum and coke. Anyone know the prices of these?

Ultimate Pina Colada is $7.00. Rum & Coke cheaper, maybe $5 to $6.

i waited a bit too long to book a hotel for the day before/after cruise, and some of the recommended accommodations were totally booked! upon a bit of research, i found a user reported bedbug free/not gross, safer location, close to port (approx 10 minutes from Cape Liberty Cruise Port) accommodations with a great Cruise Parking Package at:

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson* - Newark Airport NJ

100 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ ‎

841d9179-8f62-4dc0-b09d-2bf29d2e2e89.jpg

i doubt one is allowed to link to outside websites in this forum(?), so just copy and paste the above into your search engine or map of choice, if need be. (*i am not affiliated with RCI or Country Inn/Carlson, just sharing info to help others.)

their all-inclusive cruise package is called "Sleep-Park-Cruise", and it's very affordable. for $298 (including taxes, our particular package included 1 night king bed, complementary continental breakfast, wifi, up to 10 days of parking, and a free shuttle from the hotel to the boat and back! (amongst other things). i'm no longer a smoker, but i noticed the hotel/room is non-smoking, as are all of the accommodations which i researched in the port area, although i'm sure one could just take a walk! the associates are super friendly on the phone. they induced a 1 night stay for our arrival back at port for an additional $99, which induced tax, i believe.

i can't recall how much parking was per night *for the package* or if it was only included as a block of 10 nights, but i just a 1 Night double occupancy (w/ parking, but no extended cruise parking) is advertised as $119 + tax. again, approx 10 min from port, and they have vacancies.

i hope this helps someone seeking lodging! this is my first cruise, and i GREATLY APPRECIATE all the help i've found within the CC forums! best regards~

Edited by kippon
added an image... and it didn't work, so let's try html?... no. maybe CC only likes Photobucket?...

i waited a bit too long to book a hotel for the day before/after cruise, and some of the recommended accommodations were totally booked! upon a bit of research, i found a user reported bedbug free/not gross, safer location, close to port (approx 10 minutes from Cape Liberty Cruise Port) accommodations with a great Cruise Parking Package at:

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson* - Newark Airport NJ

100 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ ‎

D1vWXN5.png

i doubt one is allowed to link to outside websites in this forum(?), so just copy and paste the above into your search engine or map of choice, if need be. (*i am not affiliated with RCI or Country Inn/Carlson, just sharing info to help others.)

their all-inclusive cruise package is called "Sleep-Park-Cruise", and it's very affordable. for $298 (including taxes, our particular package included 1 night king bed, complementary continental breakfast, wifi, up to 10 days of parking, and a free shuttle from the hotel to the boat and back! (amongst other things). i'm no longer a smoker, but i noticed the hotel/room is non-smoking, as are all of the accommodations which i researched in the port area, although i'm sure one could just take a walk! the associates are super friendly on the phone. they induced a 1 night stay for our arrival back at port for an additional $99, which induced tax, i believe.

i can't recall how much parking was per night *for the package* or if it was only included as a block of 10 nights, but i just a 1 Night double occupancy (w/ parking, but no extended cruise parking) is advertised as $119 + tax. again, approx 10 min from port, and they have vacancies.

i hope this helps someone seeking lodging! this is my first cruise, and i GREATLY APPRECIATE all the help i've found within the CC forums! best regards~

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth this past April, which is in the same complex as the Country Inn and Suites. It was a nice area, and I'd be happy to stay there again.

The only thing I will mention is that I would budget more than 10 minutes to get to the port. We used a car service and it took us over 45 minutes to make it to the port. Traffic is a big deal in this area and you have to cross a major bridge with lots of traffic to get to the port.

Kippon- we stayed at Country Inn & Suites in December and it was a very nice experience. It is across the street from Jersey Gardens mall, which is an outlet mall. There is an IHOP and a Ruby Tuesday a very short walking distance. The complimentary breakfast was okay.

It really is a very good option for a precruise stay.

The only thing I will mention is that I would budget more than 10 minutes to get to the port.

oh yes, definitely. what time would you recommend one arrive at port? knowing my mother, she'll want to leave at midnight the night before. ;)

oh yes, definitely. what time would you recommend one arrive at port? knowing my mother, she'll want to leave at midnight the night before. ;)

If you get there at 11am, you should be onboard before 11:30am.

• 2 weeks later...