All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

You just got off Explorer? Did you by any chance notice if there were any tables for 2 in the dining room either by a window, or by a railing.....that would not be too close to another table for 2? I keep reading that most tables for two are so close together that some people say they didn't like them.

Where would you recommend standing for sail-a-way on the Explorer? Thanks.

A few choice places come to mind..

On the helicopter landing pad

In the Viking crown lounge

The 19th hole (deck above the sports deck)

The sky bar

Steve

You just got off Explorer? Did you by any chance notice if there were any tables for 2 in the dining room either by a window, or by a railing.....that would not be too close to another table for 2? I keep reading that most tables for two are so close together that some people say they didn't like them.

There are about 10 tables for 2 next to a window on each level and there is plenty of room to the sides but a little tight from the back of the chair to the one behind you.

Edited by mein18

Missed the 2nd part of your question. There are also tables for 2 next to railings in center of dining room. You will have much better chance getting them and since the railing is curved a little more room. If you have MTD and a table for 2 is not available and you still want to sit by yourselves they will put you at a table for 4. That happened to us a while back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I also agree with the helicopter pad. Another good place to watch when you go under the bridge is deck 12 forward.

Can anyone tell me if cabin 7226 has an outside light on the balcony? I just read another thread, another cruise line, where there was no light on the balcony.

I got off the Adventure last week and we were in cabin 7228. There was an outside light on our balcony. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is a spot that I like, the deck area that is over top the sky bar on deck 12 looking over the pools. In my opinion that is the best viewing area while going under the Verrazano bridge.

I just booked an aft balcony for my upcoming Explorer cruise; are all the aft balconies deep and what type of obstructed view do they have?

I'm in cabin 7690.

The aft balconies are very deep. I've been next door in 7688 and peeked around the corner. If I recall correctly it's half covered and half open. The " obstruction" is the super structure at the rear of the ship. No big deal. I actually liked it because framed the view - you're not just looking at blank ocean and of course the wake is nice to watch as well. Google Bonnie Voyager for endless pictures of the aft cabins on voyager class ships.

Thank you very much for the info! I just found a short YouTube video of this cabin and I'm beyond excited. I'm traveling solo for this sailing and due to a major price drop, I got this room for under $1,000, which I'm still finding hard to believe! :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

First time on the Explorer in December and very excited....we have two balcony cabins booked. Do the partitions between the balconies open?

No, unfortunately no partitions open on Explorer.

I just got off the Explorer on Thursday (5-day Bermuda). The freestyle soda machines are for use with the soda package. I believe there is a chip in the refillable cup that it recognizes. I noticed there are different prices for adults using the soda package vs. children. You can check out this website from Coke: http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/ or search for freestyle coke machine on YouTube for more details.

Not much change in the internet wifi spots or packages. I got the smallest package which was $25 for 36 minutes (and there was a $5 discount coupon for C&A) for the sea days, and there was wifi at the wharf for $3/hr or $10/day (buying 1 hour each day was plenty for my needs). I'd read someplace you can connect from your balcony, but my cabin was on the opposite side of the ship and there was no signal there.

We were a large party so I wasn't paying too much attention to where the tables for two were. Others answered this better than I could have.

We enjoyed sail-away on deck 12 and then when it came time to go under the bridge (don't miss this!) we went up the stairs behind the sky bar as seaworthy had mentioned. This is a great place because you get a good view of the both forward mast and the crown lounge as you go under the bridge.

Sue

The aft balconies are very deep. I've been next door in 7688 and peeked around the corner. If I recall correctly it's half covered and half open. The " obstruction" is the super structure at the rear of the ship. No big deal. I actually liked it because framed the view - you're not just looking at blank ocean and of course the wake is nice to watch as well. Google Bonnie Voyager for endless pictures of the aft cabins on voyager class ships.

I have 7688 booked for Oct. how did you like the cabin? My cousin has 7690.

I have 7688 booked for Oct. how did you like the cabin? My cousin has 7690.

My husband and 2 sons had 7688 a few weeks ago and they LOVED it. Me and my daughter would come for breakfast on the balcony, it was great. 2 loungers and a table with 2 chairs. I tried posting my pictures but it said something about not having security tokens?? Have a great time!!

Are the Freestyle Machines still on the Explorer? What flavors are available?

Yes, the Freestyle machines are still on the Explorer. They have all Coke products and different favors to go into your soda. Vanilla, lemon, cherry. It also dispenses Dasani flavored water

Love To Cruise RCCL

7388 and 7688 are the best. They are Cat E, so usually they are less money. And they have the biggest balconies on the ship except maybe the royal suites. I was so lucky to get them - two years in a row I booked in July for a Sept Bermuda sailing. My mother was over 90 and not very mobile, so she spent most of her time on these balconies and thoroughly enjoyed the 270 degree view. They were a last minute impulse buy and I'm so glad I did it because she passed away shortly after our last Bermuda cruise. Each time we entertained the CC group pre dinner - had 20+ people comfortably on the balcony.

I am thinking about booking a JS on the Explorer. I am looking at 9306 and 9598. If anyone has stayed in these cabins, I would appreciate knowing if the beds are going in the direction of the ships movement....i.e. toward the front of the ship. I know this is a crazy question, but I don't like to lay in bed and "ride backward". Wish they had the direction of the beds....somewhere. Even if you have stayed near these cabins, I would appreciate the direction of the beds. Thanks