All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

3-5 nights has 1 formal night.

6-13 nights has 2 formal nights.

14 & up has 3.

I don't know about times getting off the ship but I'm sure someone will be able to answer that question.

That's the general rule of thumb... but, be prepared, on our 9 day in May of 2012 we had 3 formal nights !!! Quite a surprise to most people.

Steve

That's the general rule of thumb... but, be prepared, on our 9 day in May of 2012 we had 3 formal nights !!! Quite a surprise to most people.

Steve

Formal nights are normally the lobster tail and tenderloin nights. What was the third formal night, Chateaubriand?

I don't mind wearing my tux, if you feed me accordingly:)

I better not tell my wife, she will freak out at the thought of a third formal night. Hey, that's why they have laundry service.

Thanks, Steve. I forgot to mention that formal nights are at the discretion of the Captain and can change at any time like it did on your cruise. Of course you don't have to dress formal if you don't want to.

Well then there goes that thought of ever carrying off after a 9 night cruise! I totally overpack. I couldn't imagine being on a shuttle with all those suitcases.

We're going on the Explorer for our second cruise this July 11. I think you will love it. I remember just using the regular "luggage off" service and being off the ship by 10. They really get you off pretty quick.

This is a great thread with so much info for a first time cruiser! Has anyone been in G'S 1252? I wonder about movement more than noise.

We have been in 1252 twice....our preference is always a a GS as far forward as possible, near the elevators. Can use the stairs to go up to the fitness center, solarium pool area, or down stairs to promenade cafe and the theater.....

We have been on the Explorer 4 times, our 5th coming up this summer...all GS's, all as far forward as possible....

Never had an issue with noise, and as far as movement, well that all depends...I happen to like a lot of movement and look forward to it....disappointed if it is calm the entire trip....

But if you look at the location of all the GS's on the Explorer...they are all forward on deck 10...I don't think 4-5 rooms apart would make that much difference...

Edited by B-52

3-5 nights has 1 formal night.

6-13 nights has 2 formal nights.

14 & up has 3.

I don't know about times getting off the ship but I'm sure someone will be able to answer that question.

What about the other nights on a 5 night cruise?

go to royalcaribbean.com under customer support, click on frequently asked questions. Search: dress code. Click on the second answer down. It should give you what you want to know. Hope this helps. It gave me a lot of answers I needed before my cruise.

Hello CC friends!

Question for recent cruisers on EOS. What time would you arrange for a group to be picked up at the port that morning?

We will not be carrying off our own luggage - if that helps. I have requested a 10am pick-up but after reading a few reviews, I am thinking that would be too early. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hello CC friends!

Question for recent cruisers on EOS. What time would you arrange for a group to be picked up at the port that morning?

We will not be carrying off our own luggage - if that helps. I have requested a 10am pick-up but after reading a few reviews, I am thinking that would be too early. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

So glad you asked that, I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully someone chimes in!

Hello CC friends!

Thanks in advance!

From my 2 cruises on EOS, we were ready to be picked up at about 11:00 AM.

Guest maddycat

Steve

We were on the same cruise and the 3rd formal night was a very big surprise. Many passengers totally ignored the suggestion for formal dress and dressed casually on the 3rd night. We've been on many 11 and 12 night cruises on both RCI and Celebrity and they all have had only 2 formal nights.

My personal theory is that the cruise lines have formal nights to try to sell more pictures. The photographers are always very busy on formal nights.

We're not long back after a 9 night on Explorer (beautiful ship & great captain). We managed self-debarkation ok but we only had one large bag each. There's no compartment for the luggage but they did have a staff member at each door on the shuttle helping people with bags. That was the only step, the rest was ramps/elevators. We had quite a wait for an elevator that could fit us both and the bags - in the end I squashed in with the bags & my hubby ran down to deck 3 to meet the elevator

We are leaving in 2 weeks and we have an ocean view forward room 9502. I can post when i get back.

I understand that you were in 9502 on Explorer. How was it? Recommendations? Did she have plugs near the bed? Can you post some photos? Thanks!

From my 2 cruises on EOS, we were ready to be picked up at about 11:00 AM.

On our two cruises we were off with baggage by 10 or 1030, but, be aware, one cruiser's experience (or the cruise in itself) will not necessarily be the rule of thumb for yours. If it takes longer for the ship to clear customs/immigration it will delay you (for instance, the voyage before our last one disembarked later than usual).

Steve

Just checked my phone and we were standing outside calling the car service at 8.43am! There was no queue for us at customs, as we were the only people in the non-US citizen queue. Also we were waiting in studio B for announcements but couldn't hear any so my husband went to check and turned out our group which was down for 8.30am had already been called (this was around 8.15) so we headed off

Morning!

We are going on the Explorer soon and can't wait! I have been on the ship before, but not for a few years. Do we need to make reservations for anything except restaurants, ice show etc in advance?

Thanks!

Music

Morning!

We are going on the Explorer soon and can't wait! I have been on the ship before, but not for a few years. Do we need to make reservations for anything except restaurants, ice show etc in advance?

Thanks!

Music

Explorer does not have advanced reservations for shows. You might want to book excursions in advance.

Morning!

Thanks!

Music

You can book excursions and spa appointments in advance too. If you know what you want to do, then booking your excursions now is better, so you don't have to wait on a long line at the Explorations Desk once onboard and you won't risk getting sold out. Booking a spa appointment in advance is helpful to get the time you want also, but if you are a Crown & Anchor member, you will have discounts that you can use; I'm not sure if they will refund you the discount amount if you prebook (and thus prepay) beforehand.

Hello, We are sailing on Explorer this week. We have interior stateroom #8377. Does anyone know if the door to this cabin opens to the main hallway(facing balcony room) or to the interior corridor? I looked at the ship layout and dont know how to tell.

Thanks!

Good question, I would think the main corridor. If not, it's not any farther a walk to the elevators.