All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Nancy, it's possible they held the Diamond Breakfast in there on the ship you were on. On the Explorer, the last time we were on, the "D" breakfast was just held in a side room by the MDR. Every ship might be different and then again, they can change things for each sailing.........LOL

Patty

Hi Patty,

It was definitely not the Diamond breakfast as we did that in the MDR . Gold card holders could order breakfast from a menu. Surprisingly, there were only a handful of pax. And it was so nice and quiet in there.

Hi Patty,

It was definitely not the Diamond breakfast as we did that in the MDR . Gold card holders could order breakfast from a menu. Surprisingly, there were only a handful of pax. And it was so nice and quiet in there.

This was our experience as well. Guess they vary things from ship to ship/voyage to voyage.

Jane

Hi Patty,

Still talking about the Explorer, right?

I scanned the concierge Suite Welcome letter from Mahmoud Messaoudi. Here's the relevant excerpt:

"Suite guest's private breakfast at Portofino restaurant 7:30 am to 9:30 am during port days and 8:00 am to 10:00 am during at sea. Also during lunch time at the Windjammer Cafe, meal can also be enjoyed inside the Portofino dining area using the main entrance of the restaurant. (Please see your service personnel for directions.)"

Excuse any typos. I am on Delta GOGO w/o access to my scan, or I would've just uploaded.

Jane

Someone had mentioned a Beer Cooler you can purchase onboard other ships, a voyager class ship was mentioned. Are these coolers available on the explorer? I would guess it replaces the beer bucket which would have to be returned, the coolers you take home.

Someone had mentioned a Beer Cooler you can purchase onboard other ships, a voyager class ship was mentioned. Are these coolers available on the explorer? I would guess it replaces the beer bucket which would have to be returned, the coolers you take home.

Resurfacing

Edited by Seaworthy01

I confess: I'm not even going to attempt to read 2,556 posts to find this response, so sorry in advance to those of you for whom this will be an old dead horse...

Can someone please describe the concierge lounge for suite pax for me? This is our first time on RCI, we're in a GS, and I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around what all's involved with this.

Thanks!

The beer coolers are a lot nicer now. They are plastic, foldable and are insulated. We purchased one as a thank you gift for a friend on the Mariner this past January. Cost (without the beer was $9.95....plus the 15% tip. Never could understand how a product like a beer cooler could demand a gratuity but....) They have the RCI logo and a bottle opener attached. It closes with velcro.

The beer coolers are a lot nicer now. They are plastic, foldable and are insulated. We purchased one as a thank you gift for a friend on the Mariner this past January. Cost (without the beer was $9.95....plus the 15% tip. Never could understand how a product like a beer cooler could demand a gratuity but....) They have the RCI logo and a bottle opener attached. It closes with velcro.

I will have to buy one with beer in it then as not to waste the gratuity.

Any rumors where Explorer is being home ported next year?

She will be visiting St.Marteen in early November 2014, but not from Cape Liberty. The addition to the St.Marteen schedule was just recently amended. I have a suspicion that SJU may be her new Homeport.

Edited by FIRELT5

She will be visiting St.Marteen in early November 2014, but not from Cape Liberty. The addition to the St.Marteen schedule was just recently amended. I have a suspicion that SJU may be her new Homeport.

Adventure has a TA on Nov 2 2014 that ends in San Juan!

Maybe doing longer cruises (10-11 days) out of Florida.

The EXOS is calling in St. Maarten on 11/5/14 & 11/7/14. Kind of doubt a trip out of Florida ???

Edited by FIRELT5

The EXOS is calling in St. Maarten on 11/5/14 & 11/7/14. Kind of doubt a trip out of Florida ???

Someone posted on another thread that she will do a 14 night repositioning cruise to Port Canaveral starting on Nov 1 2014. I think it's a mistake on the St.Maarten Port Authorities cruise schedule website, since Nov 5 is a Wednesday and Nov 7 a Friday or Royal Caribbean has to confirm on which of these 2 dates the EX will be visiting.

It's going there on it's way to Port Canaveral. It leaves Bayonne Nov 1st and gets to Port Canaveral on Nov 15th. It's not on the website for sale yet but it's Explorer's reposition cruise. Not sure when it will show up on the website.

Her stop in St. Maarten is Nov 7th, not the 5th. I saw the itinerary,, it's just not on the website yet. It's a pretty darn nice itinerary too.

Go to the "Explorer..rumors" thread started by me and you will find the itinerary there. This is it if not mistaken. Btw wondering what kind of itineraries she will be doing out of PC.

Nj

@sea

Bermuda

Bermuda

@sea

@sea

St.Maarten

St.Lucia

Barbados

@sea

Bonaire

Aruba