All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

No dates but here are projected Quantum Itineraries.

12 Night--Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Marrinique, Barbados, looks like six sea day's.

11 Night--Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Looks like six sea day's.

8 Night (Ugh) Labadee, San Juan, Samana DR

7/8 Night-- Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Lots of sea day's to spend ($$$) on ship.

It will not be cheap to cruise on the Quantum

There will be some 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Carb.

May I suggest that anyone try the Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa.

I have had it for a couple of years. I went on EOS in January & didn't have to spend a penny out of pocket because of on board credit from the points I earned using my Visa.

I will probably go on Quantum in 2014. I should have a good amount of points built up again by then for on board credit. Nothing like free on board credit!

I have had it for a couple of years. I went on EOS in January & didn't have to spend a penny out of pocket because of on board credit from the points I earned using my Visa.

I will probably go on Quantum in 2014. I should have a good amount of points built up again by then for on board credit. Nothing like free on board credit!

Agreed there! We have earned a nice amount of OBC and we just used it to pay off our cruise! (double points for Royal purchases & caught a promotion a few months back! :D)

I would love to see what the Quantum is all about but our family cannot do a 12 nighter just yet maybe we will have to go back to Bermuda on a shorter cruise again! (twist my arm! ;))

Love the RCI Visa card. There are obviously cards that you give you better points-per-dollar, but--for certain redemptions (like upgrades)--you get 2% (which means 4% on RCI purchases).

No dates but here are projected Quantum Itineraries.

12 Night--Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Marrinique, Barbados, looks like six sea day's.

11 Night--Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Looks like six sea day's.

8 Night (Ugh) Labadee, San Juan, Samana DR

7/8 Night-- Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Lots of sea day's to spend ($$$) on ship.

It will not be cheap to cruise on the Quantum

There will be some 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Carb.

The 12 night sounds okay but not crazy over 6 sea days. The 8 night itinerary is horrible!!! Don't like that one at all!!

The 12 night sounds okay but not crazy over 6 sea days. The 8 night itinerary is horrible!!! Don't like that one at all!!

I agree about the 8 night - yuk. My DH and I really like the sea days though. And this ship will have new things to entertain on the way. :)

Wow, you read the entire thread, Amazing. It's a shame you couldn't have the opportunity to read the original "All Things Explorer of the Seas" thread. You would be reading for the next year. That was a very informational thread filled with amazing pictures and story's. I don't know why it was removed.

As one of the "originals and oldies" from the old thread...too many people were complaining it was too long to read and same questions being asked when in fact...we made it very clear what ever member was online and could answer the question would do so. No question was ever dumb or stupid...and no matter how many times asked we welcomed new cruisers to ask!!! We had several folks that had wonderful pictures.

Amazing thead....amazing cruisers and we often cruised together too...we all share a passion...our love for this amazing ship and the crew....

Hey Red Devil and Beachbuddy.....how the heck are you all.....

only thing that interests me is the 12 nighter but i want to be on the inaugural for sure..fingers crossed.

As one of the "originals and oldies" from the old thread...too many people were complaining it was too long to read and same questions being asked when in fact...we made it very clear what ever member was online and could answer the question would do so. No question was ever dumb or stupid...and no matter how many times asked we welcomed new cruisers to ask!!! We had several folks that had wonderful pictures.

Amazing thead....amazing cruisers and we often cruised together too...we all share a passion...our love for this amazing ship and the crew....

Too long? Wow, amazing. The reason it was so long was because of the passion people had for the Explorer. Amazing ship. I will also sail on the Quantum of the Seas when she arrives.

I have a question the RCI representative I spoke too couldn't answer so I hope the good folks here might know:

We have traveled on the Explorer a couple times before and loved it. We have finally succeeded in persuading the rest of our family of the benefits of cruising! So they'll be taking their first cruise with us on the Aug 17 Explorer cruise to Bermuda.

I know the ship berths right in the Royal Naval Dockyard (or it did last time we were there). My question is: does it always moor in such a way that one side or other of the ship faces always faces AWAY from the dockyard?

My parents are worried about claustrophobia for an inner cabin and so have elected for a balcony. They would prefer one that will NOT be facing the dockyard (for noise and privacy reasons)

Was the thread deleted or just locked? I can't find it any longer.

Unfortunately the ship does not always dock the same way. I've been there three times and twice it was docked with the starboard side facing King Wharf and once with the port side facing the wharf.

I don't think it really matters which side your balcony is on. The side facing the wharf is not really noisy and there is nothing close enough to the ship to have privacy concerns. It's not like some of the Caribbean ports where there is another ship across the dock - I've seen some interesting things looking directly across at the neighboring ship's balconies! There is also a marina between the dock and the start of the Dockyard which gives you an additional buffer between the ship and real land.

Hey Red Devil and Beachbuddy.....how the heck are you all.....

only thing that interests me is the 12 nighter but i want to be on the inaugural for sure..fingers crossed.

Hey, long time no see on the boards..........LOL I like the 12 nighter too, we're so use to long cruises now that anything less won't do it. LOL Maybe we'll cruise again sometime in the future. If you talk to Suzanne, tell her I said "Hi".

Patty

I have a question the RCI representative I spoke too couldn't answer so I hope the good folks here might know:

We have traveled on the Explorer a couple times before and loved it. We have finally succeeded in persuading the rest of our family of the benefits of cruising! So they'll be taking their first cruise with us on the Aug 17 Explorer cruise to Bermuda.

I know the ship berths right in the Royal Naval Dockyard (or it did last time we were there). My question is: does it always moor in such a way that one side or other of the ship faces always faces AWAY from the dockyard?

My parents are worried about claustrophobia for an inner cabin and so have elected for a balcony. They would prefer one that will NOT be facing the dockyard (for noise and privacy reasons)

I have been to Bermuda 4 times on the Explorer, and each time the Port side faces the dockyard.

First time RC cruiser, we are sailing on Explorer out of Cape Liberty in June. What time can we start checking in the morning we depart. My Setsail documetation says 12:00-3:30pm. Can we show up earlier. I know alot depends on when the ship clears customs. I don't want to get there early and have to wait until 12:00.

First time RC cruiser, we are sailing on Explorer out of Cape Liberty in June. What time can we start checking in the morning we depart. My Setsail documetation says 12:00-3:30pm. Can we show up earlier. I know alot depends on when the ship clears customs. I don't want to get there early and have to wait until 12:00.

Boarding usually begins around 11 a.m. It could be a bit later if there is an issue, but it would probably be the exception rather than the norm if it doesn't start until noon. It is unlikely to start before 11 a.m., however.

I'd try to arrive around 10:30 and bring your patience. You may end up waiting in traffic on the port road. You may end up waiting in a security or check in line. By the time you do all this you will probably have only a short wait in the terminal and, because of your low number, you will be among the first to board. They serve coffee, tea, juice, and cookies.

Hello all, quick luggage tag question. Last year we sailed on the EOS in august, the luggage tags were mailed to us and we just stuck them on with ease. I havent been sent any tags yet, (embarking in about 30 days) and I know we can print them from our cruise docs, but it would obviously be easier to just have the stickers sent to us... did they stop sending them in the mail?

Hello all, quick luggage tag question. Last year we sailed on the EOS in august, the luggage tags were mailed to us and we just stuck them on with ease. I havent been sent any tags yet, (embarking in about 30 days) and I know we can print them from our cruise docs, but it would obviously be easier to just have the stickers sent to us... did they stop sending them in the mail?

Yes, unless you have a full suite or are Pinnacle in Crown & Anchor, you don't get mailed luggage tags anymore. Another option is to pay $35 for paper cruise docs, in shich case luggage tags are included.

Yes, unless you have a full suite or are Pinnacle in Crown & Anchor, you don't get mailed luggage tags anymore. Another option is to pay $35 for paper cruise docs, in shich case luggage tags are included.

Thanks, im surprised to hear this changed in less than a year

Thanks, im surprised to hear this changed in less than a year

I forgot when this changed, but as I recall it was over a period of time with different ships losing the ability to mail luggage tags at different times. Something like August or September of 2012.

Edited by clarea

Here are 2 sites with Embarkation Information.......

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/passenger_update_b.htm

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=embarkation_information

The web sites are OK, but .... They are incomplete. I'm not keen on the port directions. They have reconfigured the traffic pattern on route 440 and if you're coming from the north, the turn for the port is now Goldsborough Drive. GPS may not be reliable in the area. Please come to the East Coast board if you want more details about Cape Liberty.

Do the Jr Suite on Explorer have coffee pots. First time in a Jr sweet and I've read some ships have them some not.

Pam

We had a coffee pot and tea kettle in our JS last week on Explorer.