All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Several years ago, I was in balcony cabin 9648 and I seem to remember that the baclony cut-out was rounded and there was a solid metal partition separating my balcony cabin from the adjacent cabin balcony. Looking at cruise critic pictures, I see there are glass dividers separating most balcony cabins. Is my memory correct in that there are some balcony cabins with solid metal partitions and others with glass partitions? Thanks.

I was in 9336 last September, if I remember correctly one side was a metal partition, and the other side was glass. The JS have metal on both sides.

Does anyone know what cabin the hump balcony's rooms are? My daughter would love larger balcony and our cruise is a long way off, maybe she could score one?

Look at the deck plans online. The humps are where the ship flares out by the aft elevators.

Steve

I looked it seems like it would be 1388 and 1688, if I am right. Could it be possible that they are already taken, lol? Dose not come up as available.

the hump balconies are:

6612,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E2's)

6312,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E2's)

7612,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E2's)

7312,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E2's)

8612,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E1's)

8312,14,16,18,20,22,24,26 (all E1's)

9612,20,22 (all D1's)

9312,20,22 (all D1's)

Just so you are aware, the balcony of a hump room on EX is not much larger than a standard balcony. I just had a hump Junior Suite on EX (1624) and one side of the balcony was a foot or two deeper than the other side. not much more room than standard.

1388 and 1688 are corner aft rooms (D1's), not Hump Balconies

Steve

Boy for all the cruises I have been on you think I would know that, lol. Everyone is always talking about getting great hump balcony rooms and how much more room thought it was true on all ships. Guess not. Thanks for the info., guess I will just let them pick which location they like.

• 3 weeks later...
So...where is the Explorer going?? Anything mentioned?

Wondering about that myself. Having just returned from Explorer, I don't see myself traveling up to NJ to cruise again in the near future. Guess I'll miss the Quantum. Hopefully, it will make the prices for Allure come down a little.

It has been quite some time since we've sail on Royal Caribbean and never on Explorer of the Seas. Is the Main Dining Room open for lunch on embarkation. Or Johnny Rockets? Cafe Promenade? Some place a little more peaceful than the buffet. All input is appreciated !

Hi, was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in 7688 aft cabin? Can you tell me if this is a good cabin? Does the balcony have a view of the side (circle) and back of ship? If anyone has pictures that would be great. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure I stayed in that cabin and I do have balcony pics. Check back in a few hours and I'll have them posted here.

Don't know where Explorer will be relocated, Maybe they plan on having 2 ships in Bayonne. I know the Explorer is scheduled for some upgrades in Dec. 2014.

NCL has had two ships in NY for a while.

Before the Breakaway and Gem, they had Gem with Jewel.

One does Bermuda, the other does Caribbean.

I'm sure that if RCI determines they can sail two ships full out if the NY area, it will happen.

Don't know where Explorer will be relocated, Maybe they plan on having 2 ships in Bayonne. I know the Explorer is scheduled for some upgrades in Dec. 2014.

Not as long as Celebrity is there......

NCL has had two ships in NY for a while.

Before the Breakaway and Gem, they had Gem with Jewel.

One does Bermuda, the other does Caribbean.

I'm sure that if RCI determines they can sail two ships full out if the NY area, it will happen.

They already do if you count the Celebrity ship alternating with the Explorer

They already do if you count the Celebrity ship alternating with the Explorer

That's right, duh. I was on the Summit in 2011.

So the Celebrity ship does Bermuda and the Explorer/Quantum will do Caribbean.