All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I'm getting ready to book May 30th on Explorer. Cabins available are on Deck 2. Forward and Midship are the Theater, Conference Room and Ice Rink. I can't tell what is Aft. Can anyone tell me what it's like to stay on deck 2? I'd like to be near the elevators, but am concerned that they would be the noisiest rooms. What is it like when people are arriving and leaving shows...and how loud is it during the shows?

Thank you.

Deck two is VERY quiet. The cabin passageways are recessed off from the elevator areas.

I just spoke with RCCL and if anyone else cares, the hot spots are in the following locations:

Crown lounge

Solarium (YAY, that's where we want it)

iCafe

Library

Cafe Prominade

Crown & Kettle

Schooner Bar

Conference center.

I don't know how I made reservations and missed that Explorer doesn't have wifi throughout the ship, especially since the website says: Wi-Fi

Check your email. Surf the web. Stay in touch. Bring your laptop onboard and enjoy 24/7 internet connectivity throughout the ship. Per minute rate applies. which I stupidly took to me ALL throughout the ship.

And the Concierge Lounge......deck 9

Didn't see it posted anywhere already.....are the stateroom doors magnetic? Thinking about using a magnetic white board to leave messages for others in our party. We'll be on the Explorer on 6/22.

Yes they are. We were on the Member's cruise in Nov and one of the "gifts" was a magnet that was stuck to our door.

Didn't see it posted anywhere already.....are the stateroom doors magnetic? Thinking about using a magnetic white board to leave messages for others in our party. We'll be on the Explorer on 6/22.

We are on that cruise too! Can't wait to go! (Oh, and I also heard the doors and some of the walls are magnetic.) :)

The doors are not magnetic but they are metal. And an object that is magnetic will attach to the door.

Thanks for the reply, I just found this list of upgrades online...........

EXPLORER of the SEAS

Coming December 22, 2014

•Outdoor movie screen

•Updated Vintages wine bar

•Park Café

•Chef’s Table

•Giovanni’s Table

•Digital Signage

•Pervasive Wi-Fi

•Flat-screen TVs

•Interactive TVs

•Concierge Club

•Diamond Club

•Nursery

Edited by Seaworthy01

Thanks for the reply, I just found this list of upgrades online...........

EXPLORER of the SEAS

Coming December 22, 2014

•Outdoor movie screen

•Updated Vintages wine bar

•Park Café

•Chef’s Table

•Giovanni’s Table

•Digital Signage

•Pervasive Wi-Fi

•Flat-screen TVs

•Interactive TVs

•Concierge Club

•Diamond Club

•Nursery

FYI, There's already a concierge lounge and flat screens in a lot of cabins.

Can anyone tell me if they provide snacks and drinks for kids at the Kids club? If so, would they charge me for any drinks they have whilst there if we do not have the soda package for them?

Or should I pack my kids something to take whilst they are there - they are 5.

I'm getting ready to book May 30th on Explorer. Cabins available are on Deck 2. Forward and Midship are the Theater, Conference Room and Ice Rink. I can't tell what is Aft. Can anyone tell me what it's like to stay on deck 2? I'd like to be near the elevators, but am concerned that they would be the noisiest rooms. What is it like when people are arriving and leaving shows...and how loud is it during the shows?

Thank you.

I stayed Midship Deck 2 on Adventure, very nice, hardly any movement.

Only noise we heard was from Studio B (Ice Rink) one night when we were in bed around 11:30, it wasn't bad, just some applause & laughing, not really that loud IMHO and we heard the doors in the hallway closing a few times I think but again, not that loud where it was annoying.

We actually booked Deck 2 again but on Explorer for our next cruise! Hope that helps!

Happy Cruising! :)

I stayed Midship Deck 2 on Adventure, very nice, hardly any movement.

Only noise we heard was from Studio B (Ice Rink) one night when we were in bed around 11:30, it wasn't bad, just some applause & laughing, not really that loud IMHO and we heard the doors in the hallway closing a few times I think but again, not that loud where it was annoying.

We actually booked Deck 2 again but on Explorer for our next cruise! Hope that helps!

Happy Cruising! :)

Thank you luvfamvaca and to the other poster who commented. We ended up booking deck 3, but i expect it will be similar to deck 2. here's hoping! lol!

Can anyone tell me if they provide snacks and drinks for kids at the Kids club? If so, would they charge me for any drinks they have whilst there if we do not have the soda package for them?

Or should I pack my kids something to take whilst they are there - they are 5.

They don't allow food in the kids club as a rule. One sea days it generally goes from 9 to noon and then 2 to 5 so kids can probably go without a snack. On Port days they keep them for lunch and other days they go to Johnny Rocket's for supper. I know on the Freedom in January my kids said they brought some snacks in a couple of times but that was on Port days when kids could stay in longer. I would not worry about snacks.

Bob

Thank you luvfamvaca and to the other poster who commented. We ended up booking deck 3, but i expect it will be similar to deck 2. here's hoping! lol!

Take a look and check cruise advise dot org, they have a great section where they recommend and warn of cabins near noise, motion, public areas above & below and they have it organized by ship. I think some of deck 3 may be below public areas on deck 4. You may want to check if you are concerned about noise.

Here's a silly question: does anyone know what brand of tea bags they have for general use in the cafe and the windjammer? I drink a lot of tea and I don't like some brands. If they don't have something I like, I may bring my own.

Thanks!

Here's a silly question: does anyone know what brand of tea bags they have for general use in the cafe and the windjammer? I drink a lot of tea and I don't like some brands. If they don't have something I like, I may bring my own.

Thanks!

I think it is Lipton. I do know that at Cafe Promenade they have a good selection, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, etc.