All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

What happens at the quest stays at the quest. We don't describe it here...

Steve

^^^^That has always been the response I've seen to that question. I've never seen it actually answered. It's an adult scavenger hunt that is sometimes bawdy. It's a lot of fun.

Everything else is fair game, although they may be bored with the show itself.

Definitely do not miss the ice show. You will need to pick up tickets to a particular show time as seating is limited. They will announce when the tickets will be available for pickup (usually the morning of the first sea day).

Ugh, I was bored with both production shows and I'm not a kid. The dance one was incredibly boring and I was very pleased when the couple next to us got up and left because it allowed us to leave without stepping in front of anyone. The second show will be of interest to kids if they like 70's movie musicals (odds are they do not). I managed to stick that one out, my wife and son did not. My son reminded us that we had seen the show before, and we have not been on Royal Caribbean for 5 years! The performers were not bad, it was just the material that was bad. But I think the performers were leaving the ship after our cruise, so who knows what the quality of the new folks is.

The ice show is great and not to be missed. Tickets were given out at 10am the first sea day in the 4th floor dining room on our cruise a few weeks ago. However, they gave them out at the Meet & Mingle group at around the same time, so definitely sign up for that and show up! Not everyone in your group has to be there to get tickets, we just told them how many we needed. They were for the 3pm show the first day.

Edited by MisterBill99

I think I need my eyes checked. I didn't see any menu posted outside of the D.R. I thought that was odd as every other ship I've been on had them. Where was it? Just got off EOS Jan 24.

Which menu were you looking for? Breakfast and lunch were only posted on level 3 since that was the only one open for those meals. Dinner was posted on all levels, I saw them there on our cruise.

Ugh, I was bored with both production shows and I'm not a kid. The dance one was incredibly boring and I was very pleased when the couple next to us got up and left because it allowed us to leave without stepping in front of anyone. The second show will be of interest to kids if they like 70's movie musicals (odds are they do not). I managed to stick that one out, my wife and son did not. My son reminded us that we had seen the show before, and we have not been on Royal Caribbean for 5 years! The performers were not bad, it was just the material that was bad. But I think the performers were leaving the ship after our cruise, so who knows what the quality of the new folks is.

The ice show is great and not to be missed. Tickets were given out at 10am the first sea day in the 4th floor dining room on our cruise a few weeks ago. However, they gave them out at the Meet & Mingle group at around the same time, so definitely sign up for that and show up! Not everyone in your group has to be there to get tickets, we just told them how many we needed. They were for the 3pm show the first day.

Just a note on the ice show. On the Jan,.13 sailing they went by muster stations so you didn't need a ticket. Just go on the day your muster station is assigned. I don't know if they do that on all sailings now or not.

Just a note on the ice show. On the Jan,.13 sailing they went by muster stations so you didn't need a ticket. Just go on the day your muster station is assigned. I don't know if they do that on all sailings now or not.

And if the show for your muster station is not convenient? I think that is a lousy system.

We were on the same sailing. There were 4 showings, 2 on each of the first 2 sea days. The Compass listed the muster station numbers and the time of the showing. I saw them check sea pass cards and held some people back that were not scheduled until everyone else entered, and then they were allowed to go in. The show we attended was full, but there were a handfull of seats remaining.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maddycat
We do not have a balcony this time on our upcoming cruise. I was wondering on what decks there is public seating. Of course there is seating at the pools, but I am looking for a quiet place to read and look at the ocean.

We like to sit outside on deck 4 even though we have balcony cabins. It's quiet and you're fairly close to the ocean. We also spend time in the viking crown lounge (Dizzy's) on deck 14 just reading and people watching......great view of the pool.

If Bayonne does get a new sunshine ship will you miss the Explorer. We've been on her about 10 times and will miss her.

I think I would rather have some different ports than a new ship

Personally, I'd rather have a ship with an enclosed pool when sailing from Cape Liberty.

Jane

We do not have a balcony this time on our upcoming cruise. I was wondering on what decks there is public seating. Of course there is seating at the pools, but I am looking for a quiet place to read and look at the ocean.

Besides deck 4 try the San Tropez deck. Walk forward on deck 12 and you will some to a staircase that leads up to 13. It is usually very quiet there with great views. And you don't hear any of the sounds from the pool deck. And you will have the choice of being in sun or shade.

I was searching deck plans for Explorer of the Seas and noticed that they state until 4/19/13. Can anyone let me know where I can find desk plans for after that time. We are looking to book a room for 2014 and wondered if there is a difference Thanks

I was searching deck plans for Explorer of the Seas and noticed that they state until 4/19/13. Can anyone let me know where I can find desk plans for after that time. We are looking to book a room for 2014 and wondered if there is a difference Thanks

I believe they leave it open just in case something changes after that date - drydock?

She should just be getting the royal refit, not affecting stateroom layout (hopefully). Shouldn't be a difference. What are you looking for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I believe they leave it open just in case something changes after that date - drydock?

She should just be getting the royal refit, not affecting stateroom layout (hopefully). Shouldn't be a difference. What are you looking for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We are changing from deck 9 to 7, due to a date change. Wanted to make sure there was not major changes that would involve our rooms.

Do you know if it will be going into dry dock or when it did? We were on in Jan 2012.