All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I agree the amusement park of the seas is not for me,send it to Florida.Bumper cars really.Also were is the Royal Promenade on this ship?Just my opinion seems some people like this ship.I will not pay Oasis prices for this ship.:rolleyes: Again my opinion.:)

sometimes explorer goes for oasis prices during peak times so i think this one will too

I was in 8611 (PR view) last week....i had booked on deck 6 but when this one opened a couple days before sailing i moved cabins...(my original was deck 6, and connecting...:eek:)

I could not hear much-not the parades (couldn't really see either..) nor the pool band (when it was inside, down by Cafe Promenade..)

BUT i did hear music from Aquarium Bar/ Boleros, but i must have been tired as i was out cold pretty fast....:D

i would book a PR again......it wasn't bad......small, and not as much storage as a balcony...but workable.......it was better than expected...

Thanks to all whoresponded about PR cabins.

We went ahead and booked 8275. It will make this cruise a new

experience, something different. We figured we wouldn't use

the balcony as much on a NE/Canada cruise. Besides the difference

in price from a balcony to PR was over $1000. Just decided there was

alot we could do with that kind of savings.

We're very torn about the Explorer leaving NJ....5 of out last 7 cruises have been on the Explorer.....perfect size...really don't care for anything bigger...activity level is right for us...busy enough, yet easy to find places to just sit and relax in a quiet setting if wanting too....

Freedom was Ok, but the explorer size ship is better in our opinion. But we liked it when the rumors were the Freedom would replace Explorer, more so than the Quantum....

Now with the Quantum, we just don't know....not going to pass judgment until we get to see the ship and do at least one cruise....

We always stay in a GS...on Oasis that was a little out of our budget. Not sure what the Quantum prices will be compared to Explorer....

But if we don't like her, then it's back to flying into wherever the day before, hotel rooms, rental cars, etc....

OR start cruising more out of NYC - Brooklyn.....

Just don't know how this is all going to work out for us....nothing we can do but wait and see.....

My wife and two boys (3 and 1) will be sailing on the ExOS for the first time on August 22. I am happy to say that I have read this entire 122 page thread and, as a result, virtually any and all of my questions have been answered. Great job! Now here's hoping that my 3 year old is fully potty trained by embarkation so he can enjoy AO and the pools. He is making progress day by day!

We're very torn about the Explorer leaving NJ....5 of out last 7 cruises have been on the Explorer.....perfect size...really don't care for anything bigger...activity level is right for us...busy enough, yet easy to find places to just sit and relax in a quiet setting if wanting too....

Freedom was Ok, but the explorer size ship is better in our opinion. But we liked it when the rumors were the Freedom would replace Explorer, more so than the Quantum....

Now with the Quantum, we just don't know....not going to pass judgment until we get to see the ship and do at least one cruise....

We always stay in a GS...on Oasis that was a little out of our budget. Not sure what the Quantum prices will be compared to Explorer....

But if we don't like her, then it's back to flying into wherever the day before, hotel rooms, rental cars, etc....

Just don't know how this is all going to work out for us....nothing we can do but wait and see.....

Not a fan of all that will be on Quantum either! Count on pricing being very high at first. Last year our balcony cabin on EOS was selling at over $3,000 per person at one point since it was member's sailing. Prices dropped a little but not to the point of the sailings right before and after us. So if they can charge $3,000 per person for a balcony cabin on EOS and find people willing to pay it, you just know the Quantum pricing will be way up there! We will just wait and see when the booking opens up.

Couldn't they do something more original with the ports? Come on guys, why not include something along the east coast on the way down or on the way back up? Now that really would be a change for the better!:)

MARAPRINCE

...Count on pricing being very high at first. Last year our balcony cabin on EOS was selling at over $3,000 per person at one point since it was member's sailing. Prices dropped a little but not to the point of the sailings right before and after us. So if they can charge $3,000 per person for a balcony cabin on EOS and find people willing to pay it, you just know the Quantum pricing will be way up there! We will just wait and see when the booking opens up.

MARAPRINCE

Absolutely. Right now I am telling myself I will book Q when it opens, but I know that when I see the prices I am going to get all indignant and I just won't be able to book it.

Absolutely. Right now I am telling myself I will book Q when it opens, but I know that when I see the prices I am going to get all indignant and I just won't be able to book it.

I have been thinking the same thing. A lot will depend on time of year of sailing and the itinerary. My TA predicted $1500 per person for an interior on early cruises. Hope not, but seems entirely possible.

I have been thinking the same thing. A lot will depend on time of year of sailing and the itinerary. My TA predicted $1500 per person for an interior on early cruises. Hope not, but seems entirely possible.

If the prices are going to be that high we'll be cruising on other ships!! There's a lot of competition out there!

I agree i love voyager class ships.I would love to keep Explorer, or Navigator would be nice.Do not think i will like Quantum. :)

If the prices are going to be that high we'll be cruising on other ships!! There's a lot of competition out there!

I thought she was estimating somewhat high. But I think the prices will be high. People are already excited about a "new" ship and they will book. I like leaving from NJ so I hope Quantum prices are reasonable. But, in any event I will wait until she has been on the sea for a year or so.

I think prices in the NYC area are higher just because the median income in the area is much higher than much the rest of the country. Thus, they can charge more money, especially when people in the area won't have to fly. Quantum will probably get new-ship-prices plus the standard premium for sailing out of Bayonne.

Not exactly an EOS specific question, but since im sailing on it I guess this would be the thread to ask it in. Im sailing on The EOS on the May 30th cruise (cant wait!) The same day we disembark, I have a test for a job at 1pm about a half hour away from the port. Any chance the EOS crew will let me deboard as early as possible? Obviously I want to give me self enough time to get to the test just in case theres traffic.

I think prices in the NYC area are higher just because the median income in the area is much higher than much the rest of the country. Thus, they can charge more money, especially when people in the area won't have to fly. Quantum will probably get new-ship-prices plus the standard premium for sailing out of Bayonne.

We've always justified paying higher because it was still less expensive when we totaled up the round trip air fare, pre cruise hotel, rental car or transfers,.

Not to mention flight restrictions and all those TSA rules.....

Freedom is less expensive...but then add up a full day and travel to Orlando...

We're not saying we don't like the Quantum...how can we know untill we try it? And taking the place of Explorer it's a no brainer we will be sailing on her within our normal cruise time rotations....

Some people say bringing the Quantum to Bayonne is a mistake... maybe it is....but people at RCI have a lot of $$ they gamble with so they're not making any decisions lightly....they have their reasons.

My wife and two boys (3 and 1) will be sailing on the ExOS for the first time on August 22. I am happy to say that I have read this entire 122 page thread and, as a result, virtually any and all of my questions have been answered. Great job! Now here's hoping that my 3 year old is fully potty trained by embarkation so he can enjoy AO and the pools. He is making progress day by day!

Wow, you read the entire thread, Amazing. It's a shame you couldn't have the opportunity to read the original "All Things Explorer of the Seas" thread. You would be reading for the next year. That was a very informational thread filled with amazing pictures and story's. I don't know why it was removed.

Not exactly an EOS specific question, but since im sailing on it I guess this would be the thread to ask it in. Im sailing on The EOS on the May 30th cruise (cant wait!) The same day we disembark, I have a test for a job at 1pm about a half hour away from the port. Any chance the EOS crew will let me deboard as early as possible? Obviously I want to give me self enough time to get to the test just in case theres traffic.

Self-disembarkation usually begins between 7 and 8 a.m., so you should have no problem getting off and and making it there with more than enough time to spare.

Made my final payment last night! :)

The rep at Royal expressed his enthusiasm for Quantum, saying she will be sailing some new itineraries/different than the normal Caribbean ports that Explorer sailed.

I am curious to see what the promenade will look like,

I really hope they don't do away with it, I will miss it very much!

He also said there could be some 8 night sailings added.

Sounds exciting, hopefully the prices aren't too high! :eek:

Made my final payment last night! :)

The rep at Royal expressed his enthusiasm for Quantum, saying she will be sailing some new itineraries/different than the normal Caribbean ports that Explorer sailed.

I am curious to see what the promenade will look like,

I really hope they don't do away with it, I will miss it very much!

He also said there could be some 8 night sailings added.

Sounds exciting, hopefully the prices aren't too high! :eek:

No dates but here are projected Quantum Itineraries.

12 Night--Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Marrinique, Barbados, looks like six sea day's.

11 Night--Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Looks like six sea day's.

8 Night (Ugh) Labadee, San Juan, Samana DR

7/8 Night-- Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Lots of sea day's to spend ($$$) on ship.

It will not be cheap to cruise on the Quantum

There will be some 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Carb.

No dates but here are projected Quantum Itineraries.

12 Night--Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Marrinique, Barbados, looks like six sea day's.

11 Night--Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten, St Kitts, Looks like six sea day's.

8 Night (Ugh) Labadee, San Juan, Samana DR

7/8 Night-- Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau

Lots of sea day's to spend ($$$) on ship.

It will not be cheap to cruise on the Quantum

There will be some 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Carb.

Oh wow, six sea days may be a little much for me! Thanks for the heads up, may need to re-think sailing Quantum...