All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I don't know if anyone got back to you. We are sailing the Explorer in November and have booked a cabana at Labadee at Nellie's Beach. Just call RCL and the customer service rep will set it up. That's how we did it.

I called RCI, was told cabanas are not bookable until onboard. You can call RCI 10 times and get 10 different answers....thanks for the info, I will try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called RCI, was told cabanas are not bookable until onboard. You can call RCI 10 times and get 10 different answers....thanks for the info, I will try again.

Don't call. just email the concierge on board. We have already reserved a cabana on Barefoot Beach for our December cruise.

Allure eastern sailing in March unless I get one in before that one. I was going to book Adventure but since it would be going into dry dock shortly afterwards I think I am going to wait until next year for that. But I haven't been in the southern Caribbean for a few years now and I am getting real itchy to get back down there. I just wish RCI would put both St. Thomas and St. Maarten back on the same itinerary with Aruba and Curacao. I really liked that itinerary when the ship sailed it.

Where are you going on Explorer? If you need any suggestions for things to do in Bermuda you know who to ask.;):p

Repositioning cruise from Boston end of October stops in those

places. Brillance of the Seas?

Repositioning cruise from Boston end of October stops in those

places. Brillance of the Seas?

I might just check that out. Thanks! I think I could go back to a Radiance class ship knowing that Allure is coming up. I kind of miss the Royal Promenade when we do the Radiance class.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I am so glad you were able to get your Cabana. I keep whispering to my husband; 'We got a Cabana'. I think I am going to drive him crazy with it by December! :D

Well, the email has been sent! Just waiting for confirmation. How did u pay for it?

I don't have any experience with lighthouses..... if they are damp and dark, I may have an issue with it....lol

I think that if we ever cruises together I could open your eyes to a whole new world..... or..... you would just hate me by the end.:eek::eek::eek:

Well, the email has been sent! Just waiting for confirmation. How did u pay for it?

I too was having trouble booking my cabana on Barefoot Beach ahead of time. Just be persistent, it took me 4 emails before they were able to confirm one. I was getting very nervous as I had seen that there are to be 2 ships in Labadee on that day.

Good Luck!

I think that if we ever cruises together I could open your eyes to a whole new world..... or..... you would just hate me by the end.:eek::eek::eek:

From the sounds of it, your appreciation of all things dark, damp and foreboding (caves and lighthouses) would have me shutting my eyes and running in the opposite direction :rolleyes: On the flip side, I could show you all things shopping and then maybe you would be the one hating me?:p

From the sounds of it, your appreciation of all things dark, damp and foreboding (caves and lighthouses) would have me shutting my eyes and running in the opposite direction :rolleyes: On the flip side, I could show you all things shopping and then maybe you would be the one hating me?:p

I love to shop... just as long as it involves cars or electronic gadgets.:) Enjoy your cabana.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Has anyone ever had their itinerary changed due to a storm? What was the outcome?

Not on Explorer, but on a Voyager transatlantic we skipped the Azores and they substituted Tenerife. This was due to a storm in the North Atlantic. Because of the short notice, there were very few ship excursions available in Tenerife.

Edited by clarea

How do you find the e-mail address? I called a while ago and they told me the same thing that you have to wait to get on board.

Explorer Concierge: [noparse]EX_Concierge@rccl.com[/noparse]

This is our first Cabana, but I am assuming it goes on our ship board account.

Correct. Booking a cabana in advance on Royal's website would require payment by credit card up front. Requesting the Concierge to reserve a cabana delays the charge until you are on board.

Has anyone ever had their itinerary changed due to a storm? What was the outcome?

When we were on Independence Explorer was supposed to be in Labadee with us but the ship never made it because they got slowed down due to a storm. It was unfortunate for them but it was very much to our advantage.