Live from the Oasis Royal Suite

Could I piggyback on this thread and ask something?

Kind of an ignorant question, maybe, but do people usually pay full rates for this kind of room? I mean isn't it in the tens of thousands of dollars to get this room?

Unless you have a ton of disposable cash, I would expect that this room would be empty on many sailings. Are these rooms usually offered at a special rate (upgrade fairy), or do people actually say "I want that room!" and pay full list price?

The RS usually is one of the first to go on many sailings. Actually the larger suites go pretty fast. We sailed on a B2B on the Allure in January and were offered the Royal Loft for an upgrade from our Sky Loft. It did cost us but it was still a little less than what the cabin goes for on a normal week which is about $20-22,000.00. We figured that we would not get this opportunity to do it again and went with the upgrade. Steve may have more to add on this also.

Hello from a very wet and rainy St Martin :( Good day to be lazy, watch some movies and enjoy the ship. We did a bridge tour today... my first on Lady O....that was exciting:)

Patty... Yes Chops did change their menu a bit but happy to report they still have the mud pie. They also now have a great red velvet cakes that gives the mud pie a run for the money.

Judy.... I will check and if they have I will pick you up the small ship model.

Thank you,:)

Patty

Hey Judy....I got you the small hanging Oasis ornament....I will e-mail you:)

Thank you! Grandson will be thrilled! :D:D:D

Photos of Royal Suite = WOW!

It's a good thing you've sailed Lady O before. How much more time did you spend in your suite compared to previous cruises?

With that suite, I don't know if I would ever want to leave it! Just have room service bring me my meals! (Do I want to eat inside at the dining room table or outside at the dining table on the huge balcony? Or rough it and eat in the living room? .... decisions, decisions.)

~ Judy

Wow, Steve!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. The entire suite but especially the balcony and bathroom are amazing! It's probably the only look we'll have but I'm so glad you were able to get the Royal Suite for your 25th! What a special week! Our 25th is in December. Again, thanks!

Paula

Gosh - you keep your Royal Suite really tidy:D

The pix were from the first day before we unpacked....but we did have a GREAT cabin attendant that did a great job.

Thank you! Grandson will be thrilled! :D:D:D

Photos of Royal Suite = WOW!

It's a good thing you've sailed Lady O before. How much more time did you spend in your suite compared to previous cruises?

With that suite, I don't know if I would ever want to leave it! Just have room service bring me my meals! (Do I want to eat inside at the dining room table or outside at the dining table on the huge balcony? Or rough it and eat in the living room? .... decisions, decisions.)

~ Judy

We did spend LOTS of time in the cabin....yes much more than on previous sailings....made very good use of the spa on the balcony as well as room service....only used the pool up on deck 15 once and the cantilever spa by the solarium once....the rest we used the spa and balcony....there is also great cover on that balcony created by the pool deck overhang....so even in pouring rain it stayed dry for the most part and allowed for use.

My dream cabin :)

I understand you've got a doorbell. Any problems with people ringing it and running away? Seems I've heard complaints about this on other ships or maybe it's no longer a problem.

lolol....got 2 funny stories with that...we did have a few ring and runs....on the second one I caught the kids and scared the be heck out of them:oI told my wife we don't have to worry about them ringing the bell again....and they never did...but funny thing was about 5 minuted after that incident my daughter was by the door when the bell rang....she opened the door right away and tols the kid standing there...I CAUGHT YOU!!!...ended up that the kids parents we right there next to him and were so embarrassed they couldn't stop apologizing.....never had another incident again after that day.....the closest exit to the hall is about 5 cabins down.....so they have to be pretty fast not to get caught.

Archived