Smart Casual??

Has anyone had a "Smart Casual" night on a recent 7 day cruise? On our last cruise we did not have one they were all casual and 2 formal. Just curious if anyone has actually had one of these. We will be on Serenade in Sept.

Thanks!!

abercrombie and fitch is small casual. But unless u dont wear shorts on formal night you will be ok. You can wear shorts for MDR if u want , and they wont tell u anything. But wait untill the seniors advisor from cruise critic give their review :D

What is small casual?

Is it different from large casual?

How about enormous casual?

On RCI, Smart Casual seems to have gone by the wayside except on some European itineraries. It's been years since we saw a SC night in the Compass. Anyway, try not to stress about it as I'm sure you'll just have the 2 Formal Nights and the rest casual. In any event, SC is a mere "step up". I'm sure you would see the same clothing on many people for all the nights... ;) that's the way it seems to be going lately... a more relaxed dress code.

Just off Allure, No smart casual. The daily compass does state on every casual night no short pants, bare feet or caps but there were plenty of men wearing short pants anyway. Last year on the mariner there was a sign outside the dining room stating these restrictions as men walked right passed in shorts and baseball caps. When you book the specialty restaurants on board other than Ritas they tell you no short pants or sandels for men so they probably stop you there. The consierge lounge states no short pants after 5 but many ignored that also.

Since RCI doesnt inforce the dress code in the dining room I think they should just change the tables out to picnic tables, use paper instead of cloth tablecloths, serve the food on paperplates and hand out throw away silverware,,,would save them a bundle on laundry. If they did I would still dress up each night for dinner.....its just my way !! So dress as you like and no one will care.....

On RCI, Smart Casual seems to have gone by the wayside except on some European itineraries. It's been years since we saw a SC night in the Compass. Anyway, try not to stress about it as I'm sure you'll just have the 2 Formal Nights and the rest casual. In any event, SC is a mere "step up". I'm sure you would see the same clothing on many people for all the nights... ;) that's the way it seems to be going lately... a more relaxed dress code.

I think you are correct: we had no SC on our Southern Carib, but did have them on our Transatlantic and Eastern Med.

Since I wear smart casual every night except formal nights, it really doesn't matter to me, but DH wears different type clothes on casual nights.

On our one and only cruise I have been on (don't worry I was hooked and booked for 2012 while onboard ;)) we dressed smart casual for all the casual nights in the MDR. We figured that we were eating in this grand enviorment and we could at least look like we belonged. Not a big deal for my husband to put on dress pants and a button up shirt and myself a dress. After all we had to change our clothes from our day in port anyway ;).

I've always wondered if the opposite is stupid casual? I believe the term "smart casual" started because people don't realize there is a difference between casual and sloppy.

LOL!!! :D

I agree... If you dress like a hobo....is that what you are bo? ...or is that not politically correct? What is the PC for HOBO? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Since RCI doesnt inforce the dress code in the dining room I think they should just change the tables out to picnic tables, use paper instead of cloth tablecloths, serve the food on paperplates and hand out throw away silverware,,,would save them a bundle on laundry. If they did I would still dress up each night for dinner.....its just my way !! .....

thats why they still have the so call " dress code" for people like u :p

Archived