Freedom moving to prebook shows?

I had read in one of the "live" threads that the freedom will be going to the same setup as oasis where you have to prebook shows. Anyone know anything about this? I have been keeping a lookout but haven't seen anything else about it or if/when this might start.

I had read in one of the "live" threads that the freedom will be going to the same setup as oasis where you have to prebook shows. Anyone know anything about this? I have been keeping a lookout but haven't seen anything else about it or if/when this might start.

there would be no reason as the ship can easily handle all those that want to go. Not so on Oasis and Allure

I believe Liberty started doing this because of their new production show (Saturday Night Fever).

there would be no reason as the ship can easily handle all those that want to go. Not so on Oasis and Allure

Originally Posted by Radio viewpost.gif

"OK. .. Everybody know that you have to sign up for the shows on all Oasis Class ships (and soon on Freedom Class). I signed up for many shows throughout the week, so I am OK, right ? Well maybe. . . I need to remember the time of the events to actually go to the shows. "

Originally Posted by Radio

"I read that you will have to sign up when "Saturday Night Fever" starts"

Royal Caribbean has always required prebooked shows on all of their ships, it's called main seating and second seating. If you look at the show schedules they are clearly marked to coincide with the dinner assignments and in doing so split the ship in half allowing for an organized show assignment. With the introduction of My Time Dinning and specialty restaurants they have messed with this setup a bit but overall what ever seating you are eating closest with on a particular day dictates your show and often times that means you can't attend the other show anyway. The only exception to this rule in the past has been the ice shows as that venue is too small to fit half the ship at once and has required tickets. I wouldn't be surprised to see that go into a prebooked option. The Oasis and Allure are the only ones to require the booking as their is no way to split the passengers up to go to the different shows. That is why every shows has 4+ showings depending on the venue size. If it wasn't for prebooking shows on these ships you could end up with a situation where a show starts in the comedy club 30 minutes after the main theater and 3,000 people decide they want to attend on night 1. Only a few would get in and the rest would be too late for the other show so as the week goes on people would run out of time to see all of the shows while some earlier in the week were empty. The prebooking helps to spread those people out and organize things so that everyone can attend every show without being left out to dry or struggling to see them all at the end of the week. These problems do not occur on the other ships outside of Studio B.

As mentioned, Liberty is also doing it.

Agreed...

Under Pre-Cruise Planner for your booking you'll find the following:

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our theaters and shows are only available for Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. Seating for entertainment is on a first come, first serve basis. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times.

Even on those ships which require, or more correctly, allow guests to make advance reservations for the larger production shows, experience shows that many of those who simply show up without making reservations can be admitted on a seats available basis shortly before the performance is scheduled to begin. If, at some point, it becomes evident that advance reservations to control attendance are not really necessary, they may do as they have done with most of the Ice Shows, eliminate the need for tickets or reservations. For smaller venues like the Comedy Clubs on Allure and Oasis, reservations may still be required to insure everyone has an equal opportunity to attend those shows. :)

Royal Caribbean has always required prebooked shows on all of their ships, it's called main seating and second seating...

...but overall what ever seating you are eating closest with on a particular day dictates your show and often times that means you can't attend the other show anyway. The only exception to this rule...

You know, I respectfully disagree with you. This is not a rule by any means. You are not required to go to the show which corresponds with your diner seating, although that's how it works best and RCI hopes passengers will do this to keep things running as smoothly as possible. But it being a rule? No. I will go to whatever show at the time I wish to go. No one checks your Sea Pass (except on Allure and Oasis) so you are free to go with whatever suits you best. As for MTD, same thing... go to the show when you want or don't go at all.

Came across this on another site, but no dates when it might begin

"In drydock, Freedom of the Seas received new technology enhancements, such as enhanced Wi- Fi, interactive televisions, electronic waivers for sports activities, and electronic mustering (as well as ticketing for shows later in the year) that offer greater convenience to Royal Caribbean guests on their cruise vacation. The ship also offers a new Britto Gallery, featuring a variety of merchandise designed by pop-art icon Romero Britto."

So on the Liberty of the Seas are they now doing 3 showings? Why do they now have issues distributing the crowd? Half should be eating while the other watch and vice versa.

Because the show, Saturday Night Fever, is only shown so many times.....and probably only once on the nights it is showing. It's not a twice nightly show like the singers and dancers shows. Just like on Oasis, this keeps everyone from showing up at once. I suspect the reservations will also be extended to the ice shows. It would make sense.

Archived