Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Cthy651

I am looking for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, close to shopping and dining for May 2012 - will be on the Allure, so leaving on Sunday flying in either early Saturday or late Friday. Any suggestion would be appreciated. (not too expensive) Thank you

Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area of Fort Lauderdale (every version of the Marriott and Hilton brands) with several dining and shopping options within walking distance. As long as it is not over Memorial Day weekend prices should be reasonable.

Good luck! :)

Mr suggestion would be the Renaissance. Across from port entrance, and close to shops and restaurants. Also on Sun Trolley route for travel to beach area. Also Walgreens across street for last minute items. Others in same area are Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place North, Holiday Inn Express.

My suggestion would be the Embassy Suites. We love this hotel. Manager's reception and cooked to order breakfast are free to guests. TONS of stores to walk to including a Publix and liquor store...not to mention a Starbucks. (My daughter watching me type this is saying also a Five Guys Burgers! :) )

Roomy rooms and very nice pool.

Sign up as a MVP member (free) and you get a discounted price. the website is hilton family MVP dot com (all together)

We usually stay at the Renaissance when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale but last month we wanted to try a different hotel. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruiseport North and it was very convenient. They offered complimentary shuttle from airport and to the cruiseport. Everything was very well organized, as soon as you check in put your name on the list to go to the cruiseport. It is right across the street from a strip mall with a bar/restaurant that had good burgers and there is a Winn Dixie in ther for last minute items. The room also had small refrig and microwave for convenience. We would definately stay there again!:)

Hi,:) the search feature works great on these boards. If you type in

"Ft. Lauderdale Hotels?" you will find lists of previous threads asking

the same question and lots of answers too.

Here are a few links that might help you:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426761&highlight=ft+lauderdale+hotels

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047788&highlight=ft+lauderdale+hotels

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1421551&highlight=ft+lauderdale+hotels

I am looking for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, close to shopping and dining for May 2012 - will be on the Allure, so leaving on Sunday flying in either early Saturday or late Friday. Any suggestion would be appreciated. (not too expensive) Thank you

Another vote for the Embassy Suites, great location, close to shopping stores and restaurants, nice hotel, clean rooms, and good rates compare to other hotels in the area.

Is Holiday Inn Express acceptable? On 17th Street, looks very close to Port Everglades Terminal, maybe even walking distance.

The hotel is basic but the location is great. It is just a couple of blocks from the port entrance.

• 3 weeks later...
Is Holiday Inn Express acceptable? On 17th Street, looks very close to Port Everglades Terminal, maybe even walking distance.

Hi,:) the hotel is near ther port but as for walking there? I would urge

you not to do that...it is really not pedestrian friendly....alot of cars,

trucks, etc...and there are more than just cruise ships in there.

A cab should not cost you much at all as the Holiday Inn Express

is quite close:)

• 2 weeks later...
My suggestion would be the Embassy Suites. We love this hotel. Manager's reception and cooked to order breakfast are free to guests. TONS of stores to walk to including a Publix and liquor store...not to mention a Starbucks. (My daughter watching me type this is saying also a Five Guys Burgers! :) )

Roomy rooms and very nice pool.

Sign up as a MVP member (free) and you get a discounted price. the website is hilton family MVP dot com (all together)

Does the MVP discount include shuttle service from airport and to cruise port? I noticed on the Embassy Suite website that this service is only available if booked and paid for at time of booking?

Dose anyone know anything about the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina? We are booked for the hotel for Dec.

Judi :)

Hi Judi:) it is fine. I stayed there a couple of years ago. It is near

the port and they have a Water Taxi Pick up point at the hotel as

well. It is a nice way to see the area:)

Is there a Marriott hotel close to cruise port with shuttle to and from cruise port?? If so cost?

Thanks

leedm

Hi,:) the only Marriott I can think of near the port is Harbour Beach

which is a full resort but no shuttle to the ship. Renassiance on 17th

Street is a Marriott property and is very close to the port. No shuttle

but a cab is quite reasonable.

Archived