3 in a inside cabin

Has anyone ever had 3 adults in an inside cabin,is it a tight squeeze or are the cabins for 3 slightly larger.we cant have a pull down off the wall bed cause its the mother in law thet will be with us and she is 76 so cant very well climb up there so would have to be like a bed settee type pull out. we are thinking of the grandeur of the seas so if any one has had these rooms,are they really small.

Has anyone ever had 3 adults in an inside cabin,is it a tight squeeze or are the cabins for 3 slightly larger.we cant have a pull down off the wall bed cause its the mother in law thet will be with us and she is 76 so cant very well climb up there so would have to be like a bed settee type pull out. we are thinking of the grandeur of the seas so if any one has had these rooms,are they really small.

I've never sailed the Grandeur, but I've been in several 3 or 4 person inside cabins. Everyone I've seen had the pull down beds. Is there any reason you wouldn't put MIL in the lower bed, and one of you sleep up? The 3 person rooms are not any bigger. There is an impressive amount of storage, even for 3 people.

I've had a 3 person balcony room that had a sofa bed, but I don't think that's always the case either. I have seen pictures of balcony rooms with a pull down as well.

I think most inside cabins that are built for 3 dont have room for a 3rd bed!!!

If you want one with a extra bed, it wouldnt be a inside. I know for sure on Carnival and Im betting with RCL. So, one of you will have to get up on the bed, not MIL and not sleep in the bed together at night. (leaving the two twins apart)

When I was younger, I often cruised with my parents so there would be 3 of us in a room. This was fine until I became a teenage then space REALLY became an issue, not to mention everyone trying to use one small bathroom. :eek:

We always had a pull-down from the ceiling and this maximized the space in the room. I can NOT imagine using the sofa couch as a bed since it's not much bigger than a loveseat and when opened, would take up ALL the floor space.

The inside rooms are pretty tiny, and as an adult now, I would never try to fit more than 2 adults (and maybe one or two SMALL children).

You might want to try HAL. We just sailed in an inside cabin ont eh Oosterdam & the 3rd bed was a pull out sofa. We had enough floor space for everyone to get to the bathroom at night since that was the only time the bed was out. Our DS was a little bummed he wasn't in a bunk.

I'll have to agree, 3 in an inside cabin is a tight squeeze. Yes, there are some who will argue that "you're never in your cabin except to change clothes and sleep" but those times can be horrendous. It could actually ruin your vacation.

If there is any way you can financially swing it, get 2 cabins and let all of you have your privacy. It will make the difference between a great vacation and an endurance test that you will regret for years to come.

The inside cabins are about 140 square feet, inclusive of the bathroom and the closet. There is no room for a sofa, perhaps a chair. Pretty much the size of a large walk-in closet (and realize there are 2 tiwn sized beds filling that space), there is barely enough room for 2 people to stand up in there at the same time. Do you really think you want to be that close to your MIL every night for X amount of days? We all make noise at night, we all burp and fart, we all have different bathroom habits. The thought of sharing with anyone other than my husband makes me cringe, sometimes I wish we could have seperate bathrooms in a cruise cabin ;)

3 adults is too tight, IMO. We had 2 adults & a teen and it was too tight for my comfort. Thankfully we aren't the types that spend much time in the cabin, but still...when we were all trying to get dressed it was CHAOS.

I've shared a room with 3 other adults twice in my life. It's very uncomfortable. (Yes, there were 4 of us and not 3 - but we're much younger and were only in the room for sleeping and changing.) I would not do it again, regardless of the savings.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a picture of one of the 4-person interior rooms. They are the same exact size as a 2-person interior room.

This is from Navigator - the room was 150.7 sq ft.

Grandeur's interior staterooms are 136.7 sq ft. Their 'large' interior staterooms are 145.3 sq ft.

cruiseroom.jpg.82fe56152e2ee944cf578361edf91d7b.jpg

DW and I cruised a few years ago with our two kids on Sovereign. The cabin was 122 s.f. Was it tight? Absolutely! Did it ruin our vacation? Not a chance. It was what it was and there was no getting around it. We just dealt with it and enjoyed our vacation. We could not all get dressed for dinner at the same time so we did a male shift and then a female shift. We hardly spend any time in our cabin when we are on a cruise. We use it to change clothes and to sleep.

Would we do it again? Absolutely! Our kids are grown now so we don't have to take them with us and have them in the same room. BUT, if we wanted to cruise with both kids and putting all of us in the same cabin was the only way we could do it, we would.

OMG i can not believe this...what a bunch of wimps.......I have cruised 4(my hubby and 2 teens) in an inside cabin....and lived to tell...

yup there are sounds at night..but what can you do...its natural!!:D

Seriously people we are hardly ever in the room...sleep/shower/dress/

so suck it up !!!

Inside cabin will be too tight for 3 adults.

We just came back from Oasis and we had inside cabin for 2 adults and 2 kids (7 yrs) and it was tight for us. Once they pulled out the sofa there was no room to move. I would go for balcony or higher. Good luck.

We did 3 in an OV on the Empress. Talk about small!! And the storage was a joke. You opened the cabin door and there were the beds. Both pullmans were broken so we put the mattress on the floor between the beds.

I always say "If we can make it for a week in that cabin, we can make it in any cabin"!!

OMG i can not believe this...what a bunch of wimps.......I have cruised 4(my hubby and 2 teens) in an inside cabin....and lived to tell...

yup there are sounds at night..but what can you do...its natural!!:D

Seriously people we are hardly ever in the room...sleep/shower/dress/

so suck it up !!!

That, to me, would be a horrid vacation. And we enjoy time in the cabin. What we did not enjoy years ago when the kids were small and in the cabin with us was the clutter that could not be controlled. Having to get dressed to run off to a public bathroom because someone else couldn't get off the john. No privacy (a big one when getting dressed). How stuffy the air was. Being woken up because someone else got up and turned on the bathroom light (OK, that was me). Stumbling over shoes that the kids invariably left out. Etc, etc, etc...

I have to say, other than our one Disney cruise (larger cabins with a bath and a half), when we cruised with the 4 of us in one cabin, we were always happy to be getting off the ship.

Once our kids were 10 and 13, they were in their own cabin next door or across the hall. If we couldn't afford it, we didn't go.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a Category Q interior [149 sqft]on the Oasis for February 2012. It's about the same size interior cabin as what we had on the Freedom & Independence. Just two of us in the room, so we managed.

I've inquired in different threads about the Oasis' Cat. Q interior cabin because my fellow travellers want to know what it looks like. Anyone seen or stayed in one? It's a shrunken version of Cat. L, M & N [172 sqft], but what is smaller? The desk+sofa area? The bathroom!? Please, not the closet! :eek:

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Archived