Passages OBC

KAWS

How is the OBC calculated if you use a Celebrity Passages? I thought it was a set dollar amount but now that I see the fine print it's apparently calculated based on what you pay for the base amount. Prices range from $50-300 it says.

Is it based on a percentage? If so what is that? I am guessing at one time it was based on number of sailing days but it's been changed. Never sailed Celebrity before and I'm looking to book one.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

It is the length of the cruise Susie. I bought 2 passages while on Century

last month. Since I normally always sail for 7 nights I will be getting

100.00 obc.

Looking at my Passages right here,

$50 bucks for cruises 3-5 nights

100 bucks for cruises 6-9 nights

200 bucks for cruises 10-13 nights

300 bucks for cruises 14 and more nights

I bought ours in March 2011. Mine says:

Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$300 per stateroom. Onbaord credit is based on the total cruise only fare minus taxes/fees and will be assigned within two business days after the ship and sailing date is selected.

No where on the passages confirmation does it state number of days = $$ OBC

I bought ours in March 2011. Mine says:

Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$300 per stateroom. Onbaord credit is based on the total cruise only fare minus taxes/fees and will be assigned within two business days after the ship and sailing date is selected.

No where on the passages confirmation does it state number of days = $$ OBC

Not sure why but we seem to have 2 different things then. I don't

have a scanner or I would scan it in so you could read it. But mine

definitely has amount of credit for the amount of days. That is

why I posted them in the previous reply.

It is the length of the cruise Susie. I bought 2 passages while on Century

last month. Since I normally always sail for 7 nights I will be getting

100.00 obc.

Looking at my Passages right here,

$50 bucks for cruises 3-5 nights

100 bucks for cruises 6-9 nights

200 bucks for cruises 10-13 nights

300 bucks for cruises 14 and more nights

That's what I thought, Lois, but it was odd that a poster on another thread claimed she got $500 OBC for booking a 14+ day trip in a suite, so I wondered if maybe it had changed again.

Well my TA took the number and said she's going to check it out for me in the morning before we make the actual booking. So I'll come back and let you know what the verdict is. I'm hoping it's at least the $200. Actually thought it was going to be $250 but we'll see.

That's what I thought, Lois, but it was odd that a poster on another thread claimed she got $500 OBC for booking a 14+ day trip in a suite, so I wondered if maybe it had changed again.

Susie, maybe there are some different things going on:confused:. My passage

clearly states the amount of credit is based on the length of the

cruise. Others have something else so not sure what is happening.

That's really interesting. Mine is based on the number of days exactly as other posters have typed it.

I DID notice on Mercury they were giving out big OBC for booking on board...passages or a cruise. I just assumed that was an incentive because they were leaving the ship?

Well my TA took the number and said she's going to check it out for me in the morning before we make the actual booking. So I'll come back and let you know what the verdict is. I'm hoping it's at least the $200. Actually thought it was going to be $250 but we'll see.

Hi, they don't offer a 250.00 obc for a Passage.

Hi, they don't offer a 250.00 obc for a Passage.

Well as I said, I haven't sailed Celebrity before. Guess I was thinking of Royal or, here's a thought, maybe it was wishful thinking! :D

Anyway mine clearly does not state $ and days so I'll see what TA has to say in the morning. Stand by......

Well as I said, I haven't sailed Celebrity before. Guess I was thinking of Royal or, here's a thought, maybe it was wishful thinking! :D

Anyway mine clearly does not state $ and days so I'll see what TA has to say in the morning. Stand by......

Hi,:) ok now I am clearly confused. How did you purchase a Passage

if you have never sailed with Celebrity before? Did you buy it while

on a Royal cruise? An Azamara cruise?

I bought it on Royal. If you sail Royal you can buy either one. I bought one of each. (We were on the Freedom of the Seas) Can't you do the same on Celebrity?

I bought it on Royal. If you sail Royal you can buy either one. I bought one of each. (We were on the Freedom of the Seas) Can't you do the same on Celebrity?

Yes, you can:) I was just curious when you had said you never sailed

with X before. Same thing on Celebrity..you can book a Royal and

Azamara too.

This really is interesting. I have a Passages that we purchased Oct 2008 (haven't been able to use it for our more recent cruises for one reason or another) and it states:

Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$300 per stateroom. Onboard credit value is based on the total cruise only fare minus taxes/fees and will be assigned

with in two business day after the ship and sailing date is selected.

I wonder why some are based on "value" and others are based on length of cruise? If it is a policy change, it seems to be going back and forth over time.

I bought one last week onboard Millennium. The Captain's Club Hostess explained to us that the OBC is based on the length of the cruise. This is also printed in large, bold letters at the top of the confirmation that she printed for us upon completion of the transaction. How surprised I was when I got home and got time to read the fine print... At the top it says

$50 for cruises 3-5 nights

100 for cruises 6-9 nights

200 for cruises 10-13 nights

300 for cruises 14 and more nights

Just like Lois R. posted above. Below that (on the same page!) is some fine print of a couple of lines. Here it says: "Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value on $50-$300 per stateroom. Onboard credit is based on the total cruise only fare minus taxes/fees and will be assigned within two business days after the ship and sailing date is selected". This is the same as KAWS mentioned.

So, we are as confused as the rest of you are :confused:

Maybe that fine print is meant to clarify that the amount of OBC can not exceed the amount of cruise fare paid--not including taxes and fees.

We booked onboard last month and it was based on the amount of days. I noticed that there is a captain's club discount available that lists suites. Of course that is not combinable with passages.

A while back,(for a short time) the Passages OBC was based on the amount paid for the cruise. It didn't last long as it was not well received. It's possible that the OP was given a Passages form on RCL that was left over from that time. Passages OBC is now based on the number of days.

A while back,(for a short time) the Passages OBC was based on the amount paid for the cruise. It didn't last long as it was not well received. It's possible that the OP was given a Passages form on RCL that was left over from that time. Passages OBC is now based on the number of days.

Hi,:)you are soooo correct.....I remember that too:eek: it did not go

over very well with most people. It was back in 2007 because I was

sailing on Mercury and I booked my first 10 nighter for 2008 while I

was on board and if it had been per night I would have received 200

bucks but it was not at that point.:rolleyes: My cabin category was an inside

so all I got was 100.00. I think I was in the middle of that "short

time" you mentioned.

Ok here's the follow up.

I spoke with my TA today and she said that for my 11 day cruise I will receive a $200 OBC for my Celebrity Passages.

I asked her about the so much for length of cruise vs the paper that I have. She said that the cruise person that was on board that gave it to me had most likely given me an old sheet. She said they had that in effect for a little while but it didn't go over very big and they changed back. So the amounts that someone posted before are CORRECT.

So -- I'm booked and I'm happy! :D And thanks everyone for their comments and help.

Ok here's the follow up.

I spoke with my TA today and she said that for my 11 day cruise I will receive a $200 OBC for my Celebrity Passages.

I asked her about the so much for length of cruise vs the paper that I have. She said that the cruise person that was on board that gave it to me had most likely given me an old sheet. She said they had that in effect for a little while but it didn't go over very big and they changed back. So the amounts that someone posted before are CORRECT.

So -- I'm booked and I'm happy! :D And thanks everyone for their comments and help.

Thanks for the update:):D:)

Archived