Majesty stateroom help

Have friends beginning to plan their cruise on the Majesty. They asked me, but since I've never been on the ship, I'm little help. The want the best possible ocean view for the least money.

No obstructions

Am I right in telling them that deck 2 and 3, they would get a tiny porthole and that deck 4,5, and 6 they would get a regular unobstructed window?

Thanks

Have friends beginning to plan their cruise on the Majesty. They asked me, but since I've never been on the ship, I'm little help. The want the best possible ocean view for the least money.

No obstructions

Am I right in telling them that deck 2 and 3, they would get a tiny porthole and that deck 4,5, and 6 they would get a regular unobstructed window?

Thanks

I have been on the Majesty and the cabins are TINY. Nothing meant against you, but if you have never been on the ship why are they asking you for advise??? Tell them to contact a travel agent to help them or call RC directly.

Having been on the Majesty four times, I think I might be able to help you. I'd recommend decks 4-6, but keep in mind that on deck six your window will face the walking deck and you could quite possibly have a deck chair outside your stateroom. Still, they aren't bad. The lower the deck number, the more likely you are to have a smaller porthole window instead of a larger one. Keep in mind that the rooms are quite small. If you are going with a s/o, they'll put the two beds together, but someone is going to have to crawl to the edge of the bed to get out. All in all, she's a great ship for a short cruise. Have a great time. If you have any other questions, let me know.

The regular staterooms run from 119 sq. ft to 122 sq. ft (teensy), but a Superior has 157 sq. ft....still pretty small, but better...those are on deck 9. That means an easy 2 flight stair trip to the pool! That's how I'd go, if I couldn't book a JS or better.

The regular staterooms run from 119 sq. ft to 122 sq. ft (teensy), but a Superior has 157 sq. ft....still pretty small, but better...those are on deck 9. That means an easy 2 flight stair trip to the pool! That's how I'd go, if I couldn't book a JS or better.

I agree. Go from Deck 4 and up, they should be fine. The staterooms are fine but managable. And you are correct--starting on Deck 4, an oceanview stateroom will have a rounded square window, not a porthole.

Deck 4 is my favorite deck (besides 9) on the MJ.

I agree. Go from Deck 4 and up, they should be fine. The staterooms are fine but managable. And you are correct--starting on Deck 4, an oceanview stateroom will have a rounded square window, not a porthole.

Deck 4 is my favorite deck (besides 9) on the MJ.

Thanks. I'll recommend that to them

I was on deck three on the Majesty with an ocean view room. Yes it has a porthole but I wouldn't call it tiny.

The "portholes" are more like a rounded rectangular window about two and a half by two feet in size (approx.) It is definitely significantly larger than the typical round porthole although I believe there are some cabins on Deck 2 for the most part, that do have the typical little round portholes.

No obstructions

Thanks

That is true, and the JS on deck 9 has has a full balcony, but you did say least amount of money, I think we paid $600 each for the 4 day there.

We spent a week in an OV on deck 2 aboard Monarch. Yes it was tiny. Yes it had only a small port hole [3 has round windows I believe]. But we had a great time. Seemed to have plenty of closet space and other storage. Did have to put up with amorous shower curtains.

But, the price was right, we were at sea, we were with great friends, what's not to like?

Here's a picture:

IMG_1289.jpg?t=1296659220

How is deck 7? We have booked a cabin on the Monarch (sister ship) on that deck. Is the walking, jogging track outside on that deck as well?? I can't tell from the brochure Thanks!!!

The walking/deck-chair-ing/jogging track is on Deck seven. There is nothing outside of deck six (tween deck). Your portholes(windows) will be about eye-level with someone walking around on that deck:):o;)

My dd and I were on deck 8, we had a view of the underside of the lifeboats. Not a great view and the cabin was small, if I remember correctly for a bit more money the cabins on deck 9 were larger and had an unobstructed view.

The walking/deck-chair-ing/jogging track is on Deck seven. There is nothing outside of deck six (tween deck). Your portholes(windows) will be about eye-level with someone walking around on that deck:):o;)

Thanks, just changed to deck 5:D

Thanks, just changed to deck 5:D

Probably not a bad move. Every time we're on Monarch, we joke about people on deck 7 not closing their curtains. I'm not sure some of them realize they're on the walking deck, or that people can see in the windows.

Not sure why I'd want a oceanview cabin where I have to keep the curtains drawn all the time.

• 5 months later...
Here are pics of our cabin on the majesty from 2009

cabin 4001 deck 4

http:// www. cruiselinerooms. com/view_room.php?r_id=81969

^ ^ ^

remove spaces

Are you sure this is cabin 4001? I am booked in 4501 and both of these cabins are inside cabins (no window/porthole). This is my first cruise :) so I've been researching the Q category cabins so I know what to expect.

Decks 2 and 3 have round windows (portholes). Decks 4-6 have regular oceanview windows, but deck 6 is directly below the jogging/walking/promenade deck, so there can be noises from above. Deck 7 has oceanview windows that look out directly at the jogging/walking/promenade deck, and those people can also see into your room if you leave the curtains open. Deck 8 has oceanview windows, but some have a view of the bottom of the lifeboats. Deck 9 rooms are category "SO" and the rooms are larger, but some have obstructed view. More space, but less view. Deck 10 is Junior Suites and higher......

So, for "regular" oceanview, decks 4 and 5 are probably best, although sometimes you can get a great price on deck 9.....

The best bang for your buck for an ocean view on the Sovereign class(not inc the SO),is deck 8................several are NOT obstructed and they are usually the cheapest.....more so than deck 2,3,4etc.......

the ones marked are not obstructed........and even if you cant get one of those,you still can see outside.

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

That is true, and the JS on deck 9 has has a full balcony, but you did say least amount of money, I think we paid $600 each for the 4 day there.

On Majesty of the Seas all JS's are located on Deck 10. Deck 9 cabins are all Superior Oceanview rooms.

Archived