Onboard Credit for British Military

Dambuster

Hi

Had some very good news yesterday, Princess has applied the OBC for British Military to my cruises on the Crown Princess next Feb. It's great that this scheme has at last been extended to the UK, and that it is being applied easily . Magic!!!!!

Tony

Hi

Had some very good news yesterday, Princess has applied the OBC for British Military to my cruises on the Crown Princess next Feb. It's great that this scheme has at last been extended to the UK, and that it is being applied easily . Magic!!!!!

Tony

Great news...3 cheers for British veterans being included in this great benefit! :D

Hi

Tony

Hi, could I ask what they accepted as proof, I was in REME a long time ago but all I have to show it is my service record I recently obtained under the FOI act.

It seems easier for US veterans who get ID cards etc.

thanks.

FYI - Only US military who get ID cards are retired for service (20 yrs +) or disability. All others who served receive DD214, a paper form given at discharge that details their service dates, etc. It takes a lot of years or a serious injury/illness to get that piece of plastic.

Hi, could I ask what they accepted as proof, I was in REME a long time ago but all I have to show it is my service record I recently obtained under the FOI act.

thanks.

Here are links to Princess info which details their program:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/military_program.jsp

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

I was so glad to hear that Princess is working towards linking this information to our Captains Circle numbers. That also tells me that they're planning to keep this around for awhile. It truly amazes me that we get $100 OBC on every cruise in addition to the CCL OBC.

Has anyone tried to submit one form with multiple booking numbers on it?

I was so glad to hear that Princess is working towards linking this information to our Captains Circle numbers. That also tells me that they're planning to keep this around for awhile. It truly amazes me that we get $100 OBC on every cruise in addition to the CCL OBC.

Hi

The boss and I are sailing on the Crown next February for 2 concurrent weeks out of FLL. The trips were booked as 2 separate cruises, with their own booking numbers. I submitted 2 applications in the same mailing, and Princess accepted it.

Very best regards

Tony

• 3 years later...

thanks.

I just stumbled upon this thread.

As far as I know you can claim a record of service from the following address :

Army Personnel Centre,

Kentigern House,

65 Brown Street,

GLASGOW.

G2 8EX

This also might help :

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/overview

Yes. Whenever I have 2 cruises booked that fall within the 90 period of my latest stock broker's account statement I submit one Carnival shareholder benefit request form on which I have put both booking numbers, ship name(s), and sailing dates. It has always been accepted.

In my experience as a US Navy retiree, I only had to submit an application for the military benefit one time. Princess makes it a permanent part of my passenger information and it automatically appears on every booking in my cruise personalizer. I would assume it will work the same for veterans of any of the nationalities Princess recognizes for this program.

Hi Dambuster,

Nice to hear, what squadron were you with, family has connection to 30 squadron,

my own record is that I maintained a number of army, navy and air force establishments including some US ones in Scotland,

but out side maintenance contractors do not count

yours Shogun

In my experience as a US Navy retiree, I only had to submit an application for the military benefit one time. Princess makes it a permanent part of my passenger information and it automatically appears on every booking in my cruise personalizer. I would assume it will work the same for veterans of any of the nationalities Princess recognizes for this program.

Thanks for your career of military service to our country & thankfully Princess extends their great "thanks" to many other veterans including this Navy airedale petty officer.

In the 3 1/2 years since Pescado Amarillo's post, Princess has streamlined the process & now after an initial application it's automatically added including in online quotes when signed in to our Captain's Circle account. :)

Sorry to learn that in the UK this isn't the case. :( It's difficult to comprehend why there are so many inconsistencies between Princess USA & UK. :confused:

On the Australian web site, you can view if your Military service has been recorded by Princess.

Go to the Princess web site. After logging in to your “My Princess”, you will find on the left side is “Circle Savings Account”, select “View Details”. Under the Heading “Account Summary” are two tabs. Select ”Onboard Credits”. Your Military Benefits is displayed. Mine has an expiry of 2021.

Might be different in other countries.:confused:

On the Australian web site, you can view if your Military service has been recorded by Princess.

Go to the Princess web site. After logging in to your “My Princess”, you will find on the left side is “Circle Savings Account”, select “View Details”. Under the Heading “Account Summary” are two tabs. Select ”Onboard Credits”. Your Military Benefits is displayed. Mine has an expiry of 2021.

Might be different in other countries.:confused:

Same thing in the USA.

The current link for active defence personnel and ex-serving personnel in Australia and New Zealand is:

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.VMRBj9KUcpg

Leigh

Congratulations to Princess for honoring veterans from The UK, Canada and Australia-New Zealand. We fought the same wars now cruising together gives us another reason for friendships.

Princess...you're the best!

Edited by dorisis

Princess have listed the Military Benefit granted to me under my wife's OBC credits.

How could that come about ?

Strange...maybe they feel she'll spend more? Seriously, I don't understand it but if both of you use the same credit card then both accounts are combined.

It may be worth a call to Princess but that doesn't always solve a problem. Last-minute deal emails only go to my wife who doesn't check email as often as me. These are limited promotions so I requested Princess to email them to me. They said it was changed but they still only go to her.

I have a recollection of having a problem with obc on a previous cruise.

We assumed whatever purchases were made would be charged to our joint combined credit for the stateroom - but in fact we charged separately so that one card was "in the red" while the other was still "in the black" and we had issues trying to even out the imbalance.